ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Your experiences at the examiner.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Iknowtoomuch, Dec 27, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

I was the Qual Sec in my org so I did all the exams as there was no one else to do them. Yes, it was a nightmare because the exams were done in qual which was up four flights of stairs so I'd be ordered to body route or help out on reception or in the courseroom (I was a trained sup too) and of course there was no warning a pc was in need of an exam so all I'd hear was people screaming 'qual sec'!!! And I'd bound up those stairs so by the time I got there and by the time the pc got there as they had to climb down two flights to get to the ground floor then up four flights to get to qual both myself and the pc were totally out of breath by the time we both sat down! :duh: Oh I could write a book, but no, not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination and how the hell is anyone supposed to look happy when they've just climbed four flights of stairs?!!:headspin: :dizzy:

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks, Rmack.

Now, how about a tell-all of what the real after-session F/N VGI percentage was when you were there? Not what was called and reported, but what you actually saw with your own eyeballs, or whatever you used to see through. :)

Paul

3. wazn

wazn Patron with Honors

My very first experience with the Examiner wasn't a good one. I was at Berkeley Mission getting set up for Life Repair, probably getting a CS1. Afterwards I was taken to see someone called the Examiner, who indicated I should pick up the cans and then just sat and looked at me expectantly. After sitting a few seconds looking at each other expectantly, she said thanks and I got up, waved and called bye to my auditor. I was told I couldn't go and would have to wait while someone looked at the session. Now I was a little irritated. I stood around and watched a flurry of activity, including glances my way while a folder with my name on it and a piece of red paper was scuttled into a closed office. Add concern to my irritation. Out comes my folder and my auditor takes me back into session and does what I now know to be an L1C. There wasn't anything wrong, nothing reading. Same sequence of examiner, red tagged folder to CS, etc. Next I got interviewed about the session and the auditor - nothing wrong there to report. Then came an interview about the Examiner, after which the examiner role was explained. Voila, "examiner indoc" completed. I rarely, if ever, failed to FN at exams again - all the way through OT3. :eyeroll:

4. Corsa

Corsa Patron with Honors

What a dev-t to find a missing r-factor! Dilettants :angry: !

5. Stephanie

Stephanie Patron with Honors

They almost always said my needle floated. Once I red tagged and that was a pita. I learned very soon the reason for the pressure at the examiner.

When I went on to do the bulk of my auditing, I was sure to get an auditor I really liked and we rocked it together. I did have more than one before I settled on one that really worked out for me, and we did the bulk of my auditing together.

Also, I was at an org where I knew changing wouldn't be held against me. They were truly there to service the public.

6. SchwimmelPuckel

SchwimmelPuckel Genuine Meatball

Hmm.. TGAck's post sort a' dissapoint me.. I thought I was so damned good at 'making' floating needles when I needed 'em!

As I posted about sometime/somewhere:
    :yes:

7. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

whoops

8. Rmack

I hardly ever didn't call an f/n. If the needle moved at all, I'd call it. The first time I red-tagged a folder, the guys needle was absolutely stuck, not moving at all. It created a flap, with people asking me if I understood what would happen to their stats if they didn't get the red tag removed, which of course I did, I just couldn't in good conscience call that needle floating.

They took the guy for another exam with someone else, and said his needle floated. Later that day, the guy came back and said he thought I was right.

I began to suspect it was all a sham. The so-called standard tech was just a put-on.

With the org usually making 100 grand a week, and not even paying us half pay at times, which was a violation of written policy, with cold beans and rice in buckets starting to show up it became an obvious scam to me, so I just left.

9. Dulloldfart

Thanks. Reminds me that once I called an F/N - that looked like an F/N to me. As I was filling out the admin I noticed that the TA was exactly 2.0 and I looked up and noted that the needle was now unmoving, mainly because the cans were unplugged! The wobble as the needle was settling down after I adjusted the TA to get it on the dial I had read as an F/N. The pc looked happy enough and I wasn't about to fess up to her, so that was that, until some later O/W write-up anyway.

Talking of anyways, so what percentage of F/Ns did you SEE, Rmack? 5%? 75%? I'm just curious. You already said how many you called, but I would be very interested in how many unfaked F/Ns actually appeared at exams. By unfaked I mean when the pc didn't have to go through mental hoops and think about waving fields of long grass or hot sex or whatever so that they F/Ned because the examiner would call an F/N regardless of how they felt. :)

Paul

10. Rmack

Hell, I don't know. I was too conditioned to see F/N's all the time. Probably less than 50%. I did see some floating T/A's at times, with VGI's and all, but that was pretty rare.

One of the things I think was going on, and I wasn't the only one, is that auditing had gotten so expensive that everyone was freaking out about how fast their money was being used up that it kept everyone from feeling too good.

'It just cost me $400 dollars to find out I was a pirate in a past life! Gah!'

'Thank you, your needles floating!'

Well, they never actually said that, but they were thinking it.

11. Wirestripper

Wirestripper Patron with Honors

I have a funny....possibly creepy...but highly embarrassing to both me and the examiner.

It was on my last day in the SO....I headed to the examiner to get checked on my routing out sec check. I sit down across from an attractive girl who I knew absolutely hated my guts. (Not only was I leaving the SO, but I was engaged to marry her best friend before I went on decks)

So...I sit down across from her and *bing* into my head pops a niggling little memory of an overt....no f/n....back to the sec checker. I remember the overt, run out a LONG chain of earlier-similars, and back to the examiner....I sit down...no f/n... (remember, I was almost out of there...freedom was so close I could almost taste it!)

before she has a chance to send me away, I go red to my ears, and blurt out "You missed a withhold on me last time...."

"Sometimes when I jerk off, I'm thinking about you"

She goes the most remarkable shade of puce, and says "Thank you very much, your needle's floating" and veritably flees the room.

An hour later I was on a bus heading home, laughing my ass off remembering the look on her face.

12. Tim Skog

Tim Skog Silver Meritorious Patron

:lol: So now we know what floats your needle!:eyeroll:

13. Rmack

:lol:

In my year as the "examiner" I had lots of girls blatantly flirt with me just to see if they could disturb my tr's, but they never did.

14. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

Hahahaha! Yes, exactly. The data is in Level 3?

Hahahaha!

Wow, what you said was really real to me, even though I don't remember looking at it that way or having that much drama going on. One of my tricks was making my space so safe that they really knew they could say anything they wanted. It happened more than once that some pc would come in and start bitching about how bad their session was and was so glad to have somebody safe to bitch to that their needle would float. :D But people's needles would float just being in my space. I cultivated that because getting their needle to float any way, any how was all I wanted. Who knew if it had anything to do with the session? :D

15. Dulloldfart

Thanks very much, Rmack.

My own percentage as Examiner I would put at about 10-20%, but remember almost all of that was in the irregular circumstances of "Hey - can you give me an exam?" and sometimes having to set up a meter too. Not a routine, familiar exam booth.

So, any others with regular examiner experience who want to tell all?

Paul

16. tgack

tgack Patron

Exams

Well, maybe it's so long time ago now (almost 30 years), that my memory is somehow "coloured" by the "it was all BS"-thing?:unsure:

Anyway, let me put it this way: The F/N % was definitely less than 99+% !:whistling:

If anyone really want to get an exact figure for what the real FN% was, some kind of scientific approach would be necessary, like having a group of pcs who have had the exact same procedure in session, compared with a random control/test-group to compare for placebo-effect etc. etc.

And the scientific approach most certainly have NO chance in $cn. There's absolutely no tradition for doing things that way, so ...

" Turn on the radar beams, pull the anchor points, invisualise all flying saucers in this and all neighbour-universes .... " :dieslaughing:

This is what it all is about :lol:

I am from Denmark, and my favourite Hans Christian Andersen story is "The Emperors New Clothes", and others have referred to this story a LOT while talking about $cn.

And I really think it is VERY interesting to compare these two things :

"A lot of people telling how fine The Emperors New clothes were "

and

"Examiners reporting 99+% FN at exam".

Come on!:eyeroll:

Another story that comes to my mind:

It was in the late 70s and it was the time when a LOT of people attested "Dianetic Clears". And guess who did the Clear-exams!

I never myself attested Clear, as I actually never had any real Dianetic auditing. To me, this state was a kind of a Holy thing, and I could never dream of falsely attesting to it.

But one day I was used as a Guinea-Pig ( I mean student-pc ) for a student who should graduate before thursday 2:00pm, and things was not going so well, so a correction list was made.

And somehow the student must have seen a needle-reaction at the question "Audited past Dianetic Clear?", because this was what was decided was my problem, so the student couldn't audit me anymore, which was fine, because it was 1:30pm, 30 minutes to go. And guess who took her through her exam?

Anyway!

I was now supposed to attest to Clear, or ( I don't really remember what the procedure was, was there an additional clear-check? ). Anyway the Clear-procedure was started on me, and I just objected full-heartedly because I just thought this was ridiculous. I almost had NO auditing, not even after my traffic-accident some years before, where I had a brain-concussion. After this accident I only had some touch-assists, and ONE messed-up dianetic-session with a student auditor who had absolutely NO idea of what he was doing ( but "miraculously" I F/Ned at the examiner :lol: )

And now they wanted me to attest to Dianetic Clear !:omg:

GSUS!

As the examiner I was the one who did HOUNDREDs of clear-exams in the org, and MY signature was on HOUNDRERDs of Clear-Certificates, so somehow it was a little embarrassing that the guy who did all these exams wasn't a clear himself. So they really tried to flatter me into attesting, but THAT was really my limit. NO WAY! That would really be blasphemy.:spitcoffee:

THE STATE OF CLEAR was a sacred thing for me, and I wouldn't EVER attest to it without really believing that I really had attained that state. No matter how much status there was in it.

I remember the exam, where the Qual Sec did the exam, and asked me the question : "Do you have any doubts..." etc.

And my answer : "Yes I most certainly do because ... ". I don't remember the exact wording of my answer, but I clearly remember the expression in the Qual Sec's face, when he said :

"Thank You! Your needle is floating!"

Of course, today I wouldn't mind at all to attest that I am the Pope of Kuala Lumpur in Timbuctuo, or whatever, but that's quite another story!:lol:

TGAck

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  17. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

If it's the end of an auditing action then for a full E/P then you must feel inclined to write a success story (and WRITE ONE).

18. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh yes, I'm totally aware of that. At the time I was not.
    I just find it silly that you have to feel what you got out of a course requires that you loved it so much you'd want to write a success story.
    It's not good enough to have just understood the material. The EPF are small faster type of courses afterall.

19. slimjim

slimjim Patron with Honors

Wonder how many auditors had the same difficulty as examiners with the f/n's. At my org auditors would sometimes get assigned lowers for "miscalling" f/n's. And I remember the qual sec, after doing golden age of tech, got sent to rpf because he told someone even he had uncertainty on the f/ns. I wonder what happened when the cameras were installed at exams and in auditing rooms. I remember at one org where I was, they had several examiners. One would glare at you coldly and then intently peer at the meter It would take ages to get an effen f/n (like 5 minutes). Then there was another examiner, pretty, and she'd have a huge beaming smile, never look at the meter and purr at you that your needle was floating. For some reason that always felt right.:yes: I'm SO glad I am not in this stuff anymore! Great thread, gave me lots of relief and clarity! Thanks.:thumbsup:

20. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Lamest Exam story ever;
    After much persuasion and hard work, a certain lady had finally arrived at the AO for an audited handling.
    She had an upset of long duration over the breakup of the 5-year relationship with her scilon boyfriend and had just "completed" the handling.

The Auditor brought the pc to Exams after session and, with a choice of 2 Examiners, sat her down in front of her Ex-boyfriend! :omg:
    It might've looked like a brief F/N but it's definitely NOT an F/N when the pc looks at the Examiner, cries out in anguish, bursts into tears and collapses on the Examiner's desk!

I've sometimes wondered whether the Auditor was;
    unknowing (about who the ex-boyfriend actually was),
    unseeing (didn't see who the Examiner was),
    unthinking (didn't realise the potential for restimulation of the upset),
    plain stupid (didn't think at all),
    or was simply feeling cocky about having "handled it all".

Needless to say it was a case of; straight back into session, repair list to EP and, above all, find a different Examiner next time! :yes: