ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Youth For Human Rights

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Axiom142, Dec 18, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

The ‘Youth for Human Rights International’ Organisation (http://youthforhumanrights.org/about/index.html) claims to be independent, but is a front group for the Church of Scientology (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_for_Human_Rights_International).

On the face of it, this is a worthy cause. But I find it hypocritical in the extreme given the gross abuses of human rights perpetrated by the CoS on a daily basis. So they are telling everyone else that they should implement the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, but they themselves are exempt?

Looking at their endorsements page, they appear to have the backing of quite a few politicians including the ‘Governator’ himself. I wonder if they know the real story behind this organisation?

Well perhaps we can start informing them? I’m going to start with my MP.

Axiom142

2. Markus

Markus Silver Meritorious Patron

I infomed the "Youth for Human Rights Organisation" in Germany

About the gross abuses of human rights in Scientology six weeks ago - they did not even answer my e-Mail.

They are in deed hypocritical in the etreme -you are absolutely right Axiom 142.

Love

Markus

3. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

I think it's very good that the Scientologists have their version of Hitler Youth.

4. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

This is one of my great annoyances with the CofS. The depth of hypocrisy is almost so severe one cannot even begin to articulate it without the need to, well, how do I say this politely - puke.

5. Neo

Neo Silver Meritorious Patron

Another "independent" organisation, who's founder just so happened to win the 2007 Freedom Medal from the IAS. And the Scientology Orgs just so happen to sell (as in hard sell) the DVD of their videos on human rights. And the same organisation that just so happened to be pushed from within the PR department of our Orgs Department of Special Affairs.

Yeh, they're independent.

Neo

6. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

kind of the way Cheney and Halliburton are independent of each other.

7. Feral

Feral Rogue male

This is a great idea ax. The c of s has been one of the biggest abusers of human rights in the free world.

It should stop.

8. Feral

Feral Rogue male

I noticed that the endorsement letters carried no e-mail addresses. So I sent my comm to the president for now, here it is;

Maybe I was a bit terse...:omg:

9. Challenge

Challenge Silver Meritorious Patron

On their DVD "Scientology, An Overview", the Youth for Human Rights have a list of human rights. I noticed that one of these rights was the 'Right of Copyright'. How many youths do you think are interested in Copyrights? OK. Not counting Rock Stars, none of whom are found in COS.

CHLNG

10. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Bwahahahahaha.....

So much for "thinking for yourself".

But now that you mention it, the RIAA and the CoS DO share some of the same thuggish behaviors.....:duh:

11. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Videos

That reminds me Neo.

Here is a video taken by me at the 2007 IAS event where Mary Shuttleworth received her ‘IAS Freedom Medal’.: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=arFIhUNIMsA

And at the same event, here is her son, Taron Lexton being spotlighted for producing the award-winning music video ‘United’: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYoEreC0yew

The fact that he is in the audience, right at the front while his mother is receiving such an award, rather proves the Scientology connection don’t you think?

When it suits then the CoS will proudly take credit for the work done by front group such as YHRI and tell everyone that this could only be done by Scientologists.

Then, at the drop of a hat, they will claim that these groups are totally independent, when people are suspicious of the motives of such groups.

Now, if that isn’t hypocrisy in action, what is?

Axiom142

12. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

No, you were not too terse! :)

13. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

14. Soul of Ginnungagab

Soul of Ginnungagab Patron with Honors

"Right of Copyright" is number 27 on the list.

As far as I can see the 30 numbers on the list appears to be inspired from the "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights" which was agreed upon by UN in 1948. That declaration has 30 articles.

Here is Article 27 from "The Universal Declaration of Human Rights":

Source: http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

15. Challenge

Challenge Silver Meritorious Patron

well thanks for posting this. It cools me off about the Human Right to Copyright. I never took issue with Artists of all stripes to Copyright their work. I thought it hypocritical for the Youth of COS to claim that as one of their rights. I reckonn it was my charge on COS's copyrighting of the Bridge that hit me. What I thought of was I had this PC when I was on the Briefing Course. I had brought him in myself to audit up the Grades. I audited him on all the Grades, HRD, and Dianetics for 99 hours. He went Clear on the 97th hour, and voiced the Clear cog. I took him to Examiner with his TA F/N and then I took him to get a routing form for the attest line. I don't remember how we ended up in the Reg office, but we did. The Reg wanted him to buy 12 1/2 hours for a Clear Re-Hab intensive. I told her that he had only gone Clear 20 minutes ago, and hadn't un-habbed yet. She said " he will either buy it or he won't get any further up the Bridge!" I told her " You don't own the Bridge!" How wrong I was. That's when I realized that Scientology was not "free", that it was copyrighted and it was owned by someone.
    To finish off: my PC bought the hours, I delivered the service for ASHO, and he has gone on up the Bridge.

CHLNG

16. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Yep. That's her.

She was Mary Untiedt, married to Andre Untiedt. They split up about 5 or 6 years ago. They had 2 children, Taron and Tashania. Tashania was married and the LRH host at ASHO, last I heard. I don't understand why Taron has changed his last name to Lexton. Anybody know?

On the Shuttleworth Leadershp website, it leaves out the fact that she is a highly trained Scientologist.