ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Zeig Heil.

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by billyd, Apr 9, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

(See Edit of my of my previous post.) :biggrin:

In one of the last bands I played with before I retired, we've had 1 Russian and 2 Ex-GDR-citizens. All about the same age and all living in West Germany for many years.

Although there were quite a few similarities, there were also significant differences in their 2 "frames of references".

From what I've heard fro their conversations, the Russian experience must have been a lot more pleasant than the GDR one. One Ex-GDR guy even said so - he's spent a few years working in Russia, so he should be able to tell, I guess.

2. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

I've been told by someone who lives in Germany that their government is so co-dependent on the U.S. State Department & fearful of getting a negative rating in the State Department's annual Human Rights report, that they've, essentially, buried their heads in the sand, thus allowing destructive cults like Scientology & neo-Nazi groups to flourish in Germany.

"I think Angela Merkel has done next to nothing to address this problem (Neo-Nazi violence). From a politician's point of view, that is quite understandable. It's not a major electoral issue; it's not a vote winner. And Merkel is known for focusing her policies on vote maximization, so I'm not surprised."

http://www.dw.de/germany-must-wake-up-to-neo-nazi-threat/a-17100205

3. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

When I was at MPEI, our dorm had a lot of Cubans in it. We got together to teach the Russians baseball - North America vs Europe, until the Russians got wise and demanded some Americans and Cubans for their team.

I got to be friends with some of them. This was 1990, things were not so hot in the USSR, economically. I asked them if they were going back to Cuba after graduation. They looked at me as if I'd just told them I was a $cientologist, and said "no fucking way, we are staying here!". :yes:

4. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

5. Nicole

Nicole Silver Meritorious Patron

6. Nicole

Nicole Silver Meritorious Patron

Hmmm and I believed my English is getting better. Damn.:grouch:

Na, not lots, but they get observed too. :wink2:

Ich würde sagen, "der Übergang ist teilweise fließend".