ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Zeitgeist/World Bank

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by owl, Feb 28, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. owl

owl Patron with Honors

does anyone know the deal with scientology and the world bank?

i've had a few scientologists say things about it, how they are trying to run the world or something, the world bank. how they have a plan for everyone to have a permanent ID card that contains all their info and cards. i remember there is some l ron hubbard quotes that talk about how bad the men running the world bank are

well right now i'm watching zeitgeist and it's very confusing but they are talking about the world bank.. and about money and debt and how the system is set up in a way that there will always be debt etc.

so i guess the world bank really is evil? ah this is so confusing

2. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Evil, no. They are effecting totalitarian control without firing many shots at all. I don't know, because I don't know them, but I doubt they see it as anything other than investing. When you buy stock, is it your intent to out-source the labor of the company you are buying? I'm not, but that company is required, by law, to maximize the profits for investors such as myself. Their board MUST investigate all opportunities to reduce costs and increase profits, and this means exploiting labor pools that are cheaper, obtaining resources for as cheap as possible, selling their product for as much as possible, etc.

If you want to work on solutions to this problem, accountability and transparency are good places to start (ACLU, EFF, SEC), but even more important would be fundamental changes like requiring the physical environment that the company operates within to be represented as an asset or a liability on their balance sheet. Not just the sale value of the property, but the way that it interacts with the environment: does it emit carbon? Pollutants? Do their practices increase erosion? Additionally, requirements to include, on the balance sheet, any labor costs that represent inhumane conditions as liabilities, this would help. Even more important would be to abolish Corporate Personhood as legal entities. Make PEOPLE responsible for the actions of a company, rather than allowing people to create corporations who are then held responsible for their actions.

It's complicated stuff. No, World Bankers aren't evil. However, the worldview that encourages "profit" at any cost, and exploitation of people by corporations does need to be changed.

BTW, here's a video that many people here have been encouraged to see, don't know how many have actually watched it. It's called "The Money Masters", and I think it has a very, very good historical look at how we arrived at the present financial situation. It's 3 and a half hours long, so get your popcorn. It ain't an effects festival, either, but if you're looking for real data and constructive ideas for solutions, it's there. http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...ei=AqKoSYfTCovCrQLp5ayHCw&q=The+Money+Masters

3. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

Owl, if you google New World Order you will find enough information to keep you going for years. If you want to start a thread about world banking, perhaps it would go better in the "off topic" section of the board, as it really doesn't have anything to do with Scientology.

4. Telepathetic

Telepathetic Gold Meritorious Patron

I agree,it is very confusing and I've been reading about this sort of stuff for the last 20 years:yes:

Just because this fat pompous bastard, L Con mentioned the World Bank and such things,dose not make these things untrue. He though, used such information to creat fear and a coheshion that is necessary for any cult to survive.

TP

5. owl

owl Patron with Honors

thanks!!

6. The World Bank is just a part of the U.N that provides loans to developing nations for infrastructure projects. It has a relatively small budget. It is no big deal. Zeitgeist is a Yahoo psuedo documentry which is bullshit. A Yahoo is a right-wing anti-intellectual. Their is a thread here about the movie Zeitgeist. Again, it is bullshit. People like to fantasize that there are these evil world government agentcies and individuals controlling the world and our lives. It is a cop-out to facing the overwhelming complexity and unpredictability of our world. Scientologists are conditioned to think of the world as them against the SPs, so this crap fuels their paranoia as well as confirms some of Hubbard's own paranoia.

The Anabaptist Jacques

7. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

I don't find the Zeitgeist movie to be anti-intellectual. Just the opposite, in fact. It encourages people to cease buying into the manufactured "zeitgeist" of commercial/corporate society, and to start thinking for themselves, seeing between the lines, etc. This is not to say I believe every word of it, or anything like that, just that it encourages inquiry and tries to break down myths.

8. I see it just the opositte. Zeitgeist shuts off inquiry by substituting old myths for facts. It has "this is the truth of what they are doing to us" angle, which is cult-like paranoria, not unlike Scientology's paranoia.

The Anabaptist Jacques

9. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

owl,

You are on the right track in investigation however this has nothing to do with CofS.

IMO, this belongs under a different topic on this message board.

10. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

I agree. When I watched the Zeitgeist films I found a real error. Please bear with me...

In one of the films they talk about sustainable energy. They talk about the "fastest magnetic levitating (maglev) train in the world" I think they quote it as being in Japan at speeds of 300-odd km. Wrong! When I saw this I had to pause the DVD.

The fastest maglev operates in Shanghai, China. Began service 2003. Top speed is 431 kms. I have many photos of the carriage speed read-out (whatever the hell it is called) from when I lived in Shanghai - one with the sister, one of the best friend, etc, yawn, yawn. It is the obligatory photo when meeting people from Pudong International Airport and travelling into the city. I'd just "pop" my bedraggled, fresh off a long-haul flight guest under the read-out and say "smile, you'll appreciate this photo in ya album when ya get home. Trust me. We'll make it a nice soft fuzzy black and white photo." They'd glare back at me through their bleary eyes trying to look human.

Here was this film citing "facts". They got it wrong on the maglev. I became suspicious. Their research was either sloppy or sloped. This may seem like a small factual "error" but it got me wondering & sceptical. Too much emphatic "truth" being thrust at the viewer.

After being in conspiracy theory riddled scientology all those years I am very careful what I swallow these days. I worked a lot in CCHR where one has to breath conspiracy theories to make it through the day. Say no more.

11. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

I wouldn't encourage people to BELIEVE Zeitgeist, only to watch it. There are several factual errors in the movies, and there is an obvious intent to mobilize the viewer in an antiestablishmentarian fashion. I think it's true that 9/11 was used in a "False Flag" operation, though I stop short of saying that the US Govt executed it. Whatever the truth may be, it isn't the official story. It lead me to review a lot of material. The second movie ("Zeitgeist Addendum") contained a strong thread of optimism about possible technological solutions to political and economic problems that I agreed with, though their specific data weren't particularly of interest to me.

The Venus Project is interesting, but I think Dean Kamen is much more interesting and all the more compelling because he is getting it done on the scale that he can.

12. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Read these two books

To get some facts on who is doing what and how:yes: read these two books.
    1) "The Struggle for World Power" by George Knupffer (is available on Amazon.com) I mention is in my post on this board in the thread to do with the current economic collapse. George was an old guru of mine in London (1965-6)
    2) "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" Forget the author's name, but he does have some videos on the internet . . . which do give you tool and nail.

Roger

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  13. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

The "Economic Hit Man" in question is, in fact, extensively interviewed and quoted in "Zeitgeist: Addendum"

14. programmer_guy

15. programmer_guy

16. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

17. programmer_guy

Then you might find this to be interesting also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWKlz2Z4Nlo

Andrew Jackson (seventh president of the U.S.):
    More quotes:
    http://www.cyberclass.net/bankingquotes.htm

18. programmer_guy

BTW, I can't go to bed now without commenting that what John Perkins has revealed is not unique to the U.S.
    Would anyone really think that? Give me a break!

19. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

Who thinks it's unique to the US? Certainly not me.

20. michaelangelo

michaelangelo Gold Meritorious Patron