What's new

A little intro about myself...

exdivsix

Patron
Hi, I have been reading this board for some time, and I am personally gripped by everyones story. I was Class V org staff, for a while, and was in the Sea Org at AOLA for around a year and a half. I got out in 2004. I don't think I went through as much hell as many people did, in fact I probably had it easy. I spent most of my Sea Org time on tour recovering public, advancing events, etc., so for the most part I was able to sleep in hotels, eat 3 good meals a day, and mainly worked my own hours. I always got paid. When I was at the org, my seniors were good people, who didn't agree with staying up all night, and going to post tired, they wanted to make sure I was taken care, and their justification was, since I was on public lines, and in Div 6, it would be out PR for me to be tired on post. In fact if I did have a night of staying up late, then my Senior would let me sleep in. Yes, I had some bad moments, but having been in the military before, it was more like been there, done that, for me more than anything. I did get lucky enough to get a rare glimpse in the top of the Org board before the San Francisco org grand opening, when staff from Int mgmt, FLO, and CLO were trying to get the building ready for COB, as he was coming the next day, I got pushed on to that as I was on tour in SFO at the time, as it became an all hands event, don't go home until everything is done. I was up all night, into most of the day, but other staff had been up for days, and you could tell, the crap I personally took was bad enough, but the stress some of these other members was just completely horrible, and the whole scene was surreal. I honestly don't think I was supposed to witness that abuse, mainly because I was just a lowly AOLA staff member. It was at that moment, I decided that the Sea Org is not for me, and I went back to LA, and told HCO I had done PCP and lied about it coming in, it was a well known fact that I used to be a pretty heavy partier who had done many drugs in my past, so the story was not that far fetched in their eyes, so I got offloaded. Anyway, that's a story for another day, as I just wanted to introduce myself.
I have since tried to dabble into Scientology after, doing amends, going to events, buying materials, etc. But it just seems to me, that the church is more after my money than anything else. Library campaigns, buying books, IAS donations, building funds, whatever. When I first got out, and was doing well, I thought it would be a good idea to let my old Sea Org pals know I was doing well, that was a mistake, as all of a sudden I was expected to make huge donations, for amends, because in their eyes I am out exchange for getting kicked out. I decided one day to check on the libraries to see if they are filled with all the basic books, I can tell you that as far as I can tell only one library in OC has all the basic books, and 3 more libraries have most of the basic books, alot of libraries don't even have LRH books. LA has a similar scene, I think I found about 5 libraries in LA County, and 4 in LA City that has any semblance of a basic book collection, so anyway I have been duped, since I have donated some money to that campaign, and told that most of the libraries have the books. I can go on, with the 2am phone calls, home visits, and such, but its not much different from other peoples stories.
As someone who isn't even a purif completion, and my CF file still says I am a Div 6 public, and having spent most my staff time in lower orgs, I don't pose any threat to the church, with the exception of not getting that Patron money they have been trying to get from me. My story definitely won't make any front pages, or even the classified ads for that matter, any time soon. But I do think my story is unique, and proves that everyones story, why they got out, and what they saw when they were in, is interesting to say the least. Anyway, more to come later, as I would like to post my story on how I got in, and some of my adventures. Hope you all are doing well:)

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Hi, I have been reading this board for some time, and I am personally gripped by everyones story. I was Class V org staff, for a while, and was in the Sea Org at AOLA for around a year and a half. I got out in 2004. I don't think I went through as much hell as many people did, in fact I probably had it easy. I spent most of my Sea Org time on tour recovering public, advancing events, etc., so for the most part I was able to sleep in hotels, eat 3 good meals a day, and mainly worked my own hours. I always got paid. When I was at the org, my seniors were good people, who didn't agree with staying up all night, and going to post tired, they wanted to make sure I was taken care, and their justification was, since I was on public lines, and in Div 6, it would be out PR for me to be tired on post. In fact if I did have a night of staying up late, then my Senior would let me sleep in. Yes, I had some bad moments, but having been in the military before, it was more like been there, done that, for me more than anything. I did get lucky enough to get a rare glimpse in the top of the Org board before the San Francisco org grand opening, when staff from Int mgmt, FLO, and CLO were trying to get the building ready for COB, as he was coming the next day, I got pushed on to that as I was on tour in SFO at the time, as it became an all hands event, don't go home until everything is done. I was up all night, into most of the day, but other staff had been up for days, and you could tell, the crap I personally took was bad enough, but the stress some of these other members was just completely horrible, and the whole scene was surreal. I honestly don't think I was supposed to witness that abuse, mainly because I was just a lowly AOLA staff member. It was at that moment, I decided that the Sea Org is not for me, and I went back to LA, and told HCO I had done PCP and lied about it coming in, it was a well known fact that I used to be a pretty heavy partier who had done many drugs in my past, so the story was not that far fetched in their eyes, so I got offloaded. Anyway, that's a story for another day, as I just wanted to introduce myself.
I have since tried to dabble into Scientology after, doing amends, going to events, buying materials, etc. But it just seems to me, that the church is more after my money than anything else. Library campaigns, buying books, IAS donations, building funds, whatever. When I first got out, and was doing well, I thought it would be a good idea to let my old Sea Org pals know I was doing well, that was a mistake, as all of a sudden I was expected to make huge donations, for amends, because in their eyes I am out exchange for getting kicked out. I decided one day to check on the libraries to see if they are filled with all the basic books, I can tell you that as far as I can tell only one library in OC has all the basic books, and 3 more libraries have most of the basic books, alot of libraries don't even have LRH books. LA has a similar scene, I think I found about 5 libraries in LA County, and 4 in LA City that has any semblance of a basic book collection, so anyway I have been duped, since I have donated some money to that campaign, and told that most of the libraries have the books. I can go on, with the 2am phone calls, home visits, and such, but its not much different from other peoples stories.
As someone who isn't even a purif completion, and my CF file still says I am a Div 6 public, and having spent most my staff time in lower orgs, I don't pose any threat to the church, with the exception of not getting that Patron money they have been trying to get from me. My story definitely won't make any front pages, or even the classified ads for that matter, any time soon. But I do think my story is unique, and proves that everyones story, why they got out, and what they saw when they were in, is interesting to say the least. Anyway, more to come later, as I would like to post my story on how I got in, and some of my adventures. Hope you all are doing well:)

WELCOME!!! We love stories..... Thanks for posting this much of yours and hope to hear more from you. :yes:

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome!

Hello Exdivsix!
Welcome here! I am relatively new here myself. It has been a great relief to be able to post here and read others' stories as well. I hope you enjoy being here and will share more of your stories and adventures! Even though you had it "easy," so to speak, your story is valuable. Every story is different. But out is out and it's a whole new view!
:welcome2:

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
Welcome exdivsix! Thanks for that part of your story. Congrats on your next step in freedom.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Everyone's story is important.
But more importantly, you figured shit out and you're on your way to freedom if you aren't already there.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
But it just seems to me, that the church is more after my money than anything else.

Welcome exdivsix!

This is a common theme (money) in most everyone's story. Some people in the SO suffered abuse and some did not - but I think most of us saw the heavy focus on money which has only gotten worse over the years.

AnonKat

Crusader
fireworks-animated-gif.gif

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Welcome on board

Feels good reading your story. I've been in the SO as well and found good people there too. Witnessed some abuses also but generally the further you are from DM the better you get.

Wish you well :yes: