What's new

Bill Franks and David Mayo need to report in:

Glenda

Crusader
The higher one goes up the org board the greater the pressure is to push LRH's brutality. We focus on the ugliness but half of the story is how people retained their humanity in spite of it all. The auditor who doesn't write down something that is too embarrassing or incriminating, the Ethics Officer that doesn't act on a Knowledge Report. The examples are many, often unseen even to those who benefit. Executives could be both, ruthless Product Officer and a buffer absorbing the insanity coming down lines.

I remember the golden rod on Bill. Maybe they think that in itself dispels the questions people have about how someone can be elevated so high with such praise only to be characterized later as the source of so many problems but it has a cumulative corrosive effect. Seeds of doubt linger, unspoken; if that can happen to Bill it can happen to anyone, this system of justice is arbitrary.

But Bill was RPFed, what, 3 times? Seriously, how many evil intentions can someone have going back billions and trillions of years? Every time a person is condemned to the RPF there is also a time when somebody releases them. LRH was always doing this whipsaw on us. Ring the bell: Feed the dog - Ring the bell: Beat the dog

Its the Triple Flows: Abuse yourself, help yourself, abuse others, help others, others abuse others, others help others. I'm no psychology expert but if I were looking for a good way to describe Stockholming - this would be it. So here we all are in LRH's personal hell construct alternating between abuser and savior. You have to ask if LRH was so devious that he actually only tolerated a little humanity just to keep the head fuck going?

Oh he was utterly devious and totally capable of a "tinge of humanity" to keep the head fuck going. All abusers, no matter what shades they appear in, are.

It goes like this:

Slap. Kiss. Slap. Kiss. Slap. Bunch of flowers. Slap, punch, shove. Kiss. Kiss. Slap.

Idealisation- devaluation pattern. Scientology is thoroughly riddled with this pattern.

RogerB

Crusader
Originally Posted by Gizmo

PS : Betcha ANY auditor that was truly good & audited a few thousand hours could INVENT some damn good processes IF ASKED.

One post-cult problem with that is that the more and more highly-trained and experienced in using Scn tech one is the more one is "grooved into" Scn theories as well as practices. And "innovation" in that area then tends to consist of really very minor tweaks.

On the other hand . . . .

Paul

Yes, well, as you say Paul: "On the other hand" . . . .

When or if any individual is sufficiently honest enough and learned enough of what is the "KSW, Standard Tech of Scn thing," then the individual could be in a position to totally reverse some of the errors and omissions that comprise Hubbard's offerings.

One key example, for example, is the recognition that once a person has an ascension experience, the Being is then in a new condition and actually must be processed differently and towards a different target than the Scn proposition of "what next is wrong on the case to get rid of" a la the cookie-cutter Bridge.

What is missing on KSW lines is the addressing and empowering the spiritual "positives" of attributes, virtues and powers and abilities of the ascended Being toward enhancing and expanding them. It's a totally missing proposition in Scn, and their major, monster error.

I wrote a ditty on this on the Knowledgism Forum recently. Here:
http://knowledgism-practice-group.org/forum/index.php?topic=216.0

Rog

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
One post-cult problem with that is that the more and more highly-trained and experienced in using Scn tech one is the more one is "grooved into" Scn theories as well as practices. And "innovation" in that area then tends to consist of really very minor tweaks.

On the other hand . . . .

:biggrin:

Paul

I recall from another thread, that during the early days at Saint Hill Special Briefing Course, Alan and other people there DID come up with a lot of stuff, and this upset Hisself majorly.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Oh he was utterly devious and totally capable of a "tinge of humanity" to keep the head fuck going. All abusers, no matter what shades they appear in, are.

It goes like this:

Slap. Kiss. Slap. Kiss. Slap. Bunch of flowers. Slap, punch, shove. Kiss. Kiss. Slap.

Idealisation- devaluation pattern. Scientology is thoroughly riddled with this pattern.

From what I was reading about spousal abuse, it goes according to this pattern too. There's abuse, then very affectionate making up, then more abuse. Which, I assume, is why you phrased it this way.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by Glenda

It goes like this:

Idealisation- Devaluation pattern. Scientology is thoroughly riddled with this pattern.

From what I was reading about spousal abuse, it goes according to this pattern too. There's abuse, then very affectionate making up, then more abuse. Which, I assume, is why you phrased it this way.

All those beatings followed by slick-talking "apologies", where the victim is tricked & lied to endless times. This masochistic phenomenon appears to have many names. . .

DIM (Devaluation Idealization Malady)

SAD (Spousal Abuse Disorder)

PTS (Pimp Tech Syndrome)​

Hubbard as hardcore pimp--is it an exaggeration? Hardly. He did exactly what pimps do. Miscavige too. They put their "bitches" (Scientologists) "on the street" to go hustle some cash and bring it back. And to hand all of it over to the pimp who promises to care for them "for eternity".

The Bridge to Total Freedom--it all seems so alluring. Especially, as Glenda points out, when one receives the flowers.

The sweet fragrance of Hubbard's endlessly empty bouquet of broken promises. Shakespeare described it best:

"A ruse by any other name would smell as sweet."

Last edited:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Was that when Bill Franks was C/Sing for a NY mission after being declared?

I think I should have been more clear. I never knew Bill Franks, but just got caught up in the mission holders situation.
Bill was a distant mover and shaker.
I was a stupid comm course grad/ex staff at the mission in Dallas.

That, to international anyway, must have made me somehow valuable for the inside information I had from working side by side with Dean Stokes for nine months.
Another hapless pawn.

Glenda

Crusader

Excessive idealisation (love-bombing, excessive flattery, etc) is followed by devaluation. This is the kiss-slap-kiss-slap model of abuse - be it physical, emotional or psychological. It is closely associated with narcissistic and sociopathic tendencies. Yes, the kiss-slap-kiss-slap model is language more associated with domestic violence but idealisation/devaluation happens in every unhealthy relationship.

Where you have black and white thinking, "all or nothing" thinking, "us and them" concepts, you will also find kiss-slap-kiss-slap. Healthy connection, transparent robust dialogue, respect of personal boundaries, etc, will have all gone out the window and there will be abuse - be it physical, psychological, emotional or a combination of them.

This is scientology in action.

Glenda

Crusader

All those beatings followed by slick-talking "apologies", where the victim is tricked & lied to endless times. This masochistic phenomenon appears to have many names. . .

DIM (Devaluation Idealization Malady)

SAD (Spousal Abuse Disorder)

PTS (Pimp Tech Syndrome)​

Hubbard as hardcore pimp--is it an exaggeration? Hardly. He did exactly what pimps do. Miscavige too. They put their "bitches" (Scientologists) "on the street" to go hustle some cash and bring it back. And to hand all of it over to the pimp who promises to care for them "for eternity".

The Bridge to Total Freedom--it all seems so alluring. Especially, as Glenda points out, when one receives the flowers.

The sweet fragrance of Hubbard's endlessly empty bouquet of broken promises. Shakespeare described it best:

"A ruse by any other name would smell as sweet."

Idealisation is dangerous stuff. There is nothing wrong with passion and being "driven" by dreams. The world is full of amazing things that happened because of passionate people driven by their wild ideas.

Unfortunately some humans do not develop a sense of others - or allow others to have their own sense of the world. These highly internalised under-developed humans use other people as "play things" to further their own deluded agendas. They also inflict their misery onto others if not obeyed, and dish out various forms of degradation/cruelty. Hubbard was such a man.

His writings are riddled with "bunches of flowers" (total freedom, world without insanity, war, etc). If anyone dares to disagree with his methods, on the very next page there is a form of degradation just waiting to devalue an individuals own unique thoughts.

A very real example, in action, is the public relations series. It is all designed to make Hubbard/scientology look wonderful and to lessen/devalue those that dare to disagree. "Thou shalt all idealise this man who found the route to total freedom and if you refuse to, if you keep asking pesky questions, we will give you hell." Pure manipulation.

You wrote:

Exactly. No exaggeration. Possibly not how many ex's would be comfortable in viewing what happened to them - what they were involved in - but a harsh cold reality when calmly/carefully inspected.

Free Being Me

Crusader
>snip<

PTS (Pimp Tech Syndrome)

Hubbard as hardcore pimp--is it an exaggeration? Hardly. He did exactly what pimps do. Miscavige too. They put their "bitches" (Scientologists) "on the street" to go hustle some cash and bring it back. And to hand all of it over to the pimp who promises to care for them "for eternity."

Exactly. A cult isn't a cult unless Der Leader is dangling fanatical idealism with thought-stopping cliches for the useful idiot followers searching for new recruits. Before anyone screams I'm being mean using the term useful idiot, I'm pointing a finger at myself too. We all were useful idiots providing a cloak of honesty and sincerity through Elcon's misleading beliefs for him to hide behind while he devised darker and darker mind-fuckery amassing hundreds of millions of dollars, just like Misscabbage is doing now.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I am with the family :yes:

Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
>snip<

PTS (Pimp Tech Syndrome)

Hubbard as hardcore pimp--is it an exaggeration? Hardly. He did exactly what pimps do. Miscavige too. They put their "bitches" (Scientologists) "on the street" to go hustle some cash and bring it back. And to hand all of it over to the pimp who promises to care for them "for eternity."

Not easy to admit that we were those prostitutes he ???
Especially, being idot on top of it and paying to remain such prostitutes :duh:

Just a little courage to face reality :yes:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Hearing these stories from behind the scenes ?

They HAVE to be true !

Nobody could make this kind of shit up !

Ah, good soldiers pushing forward through thick & thin we no f'ing clue what was going on behind our backs. Yep. We were in those trenches - acting all innocent.

And, we weren't.

Gib

Crusader
Just when I think I'm all talked out . . . . you have to make that post !

I've long been of the opinion that what Ron " studied " & stole from pretty much everybody & everything, he did so very glibly, or it was just way over his head & couldn't begin to grok it but he 'thought' he got it, or he just had to twist & bend everything to 'make it his own create'.

What I do know is after looking other places it is pretty easy to see where old Ron went off the rails & made dianetics & scientology into something that couldn't possibly " work ".

But, then, I have to wonder was the old bastard clever enough to have done that by design ? Did he count on selling " that resolve on the next level; " to everybody ? Damn if he didn't !

Clever - got to give him that.

da Monster had the fear instilled enough to get to the sheep to do EVERYTHING all over again - because of punctuation & mis spelled words?

Folks, he IS striking that kind of terror to peoples hearts !

Does it matter if Ron or God-knows-who-came up with this or that command, RD, Grade, OT level or whatever ?

It still exists & gets carried on <- - - - that is the problem.

PS : Betcha ANY auditor that was truly good & audited a few thousand hours could INVENT some damn good processes IF ASKED.

But, where the really talented ones ever asked ? There was another problem of wasted world class talents.

Yes,

The proof is in Ron's own words, and yes he was a clever bastard making things he "researched" his own, all the while researching. He was a writer. But the sad part part is his research of dianetics and scientology is fiction and not scientific, it's just research into what others have said about the mind, but and, Hubbard sure figured out how to sell for a penny a word, ie ASI.

Caroline started a tread at OCMB. I referenced it, not to took my horn, but just reporting my findings. Yep, it's hard to follow.

Ron went to the library to research for stories, per his own hand, and used his own imagination to compile dianetics and scientology, and sell it to the "crowd". But, that ain't research in the scientific method, LOL, but it can be sold as research to the "crowd" if you use the right words. And in the end Hubbard tells Sarge he failed and isn't coming back.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...sicientology&p=1068579&viewfull=1#post1068579

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39380&start=15

http://writer.lronhubbard.org/page46.htm (COS website)