What's new

Carrie Fisher Outs John Travolta As Gay!

Mystic

Crusader
You all seem to have overlooked something about this quote: whilst Carrie Fisher might very well believe J.T. is gay and hold the above stated opinion about it, there is nothing at all presented to show that she is now or ever was in a position to know for a true fact that J.T. actually is or is not.

One cannot "out" someone when they don't actually possess factual knowledge. At best one can merely speculate, assume and/or buy into mongered rumors - like everyone else.

Some people are much more free than this limiting box.

Mystic

Crusader
And if Carrie is going to out John, then I'll out Carrie.

In the Star Wars flicks Carrie wore NO BRA.

As George Lucas dictated: "There is no underwear in space."

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe it was the fact that JT did not get excited upon seeing CF chained up by Jabba The Hut in her hot costume.:confused2:

Hmmmm, my memory image is a little fuzzy; maybe I can...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
It always kind of surprises me when people talk about being gay as if it's an abnormal or unusual thing. In my opinion, it's a perfectly normal and usual thing and always has been if history is anything to go by.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Princess Leia Bikini Contest
Well, I'll be... I think I'll join the Jedi cult!
:p
Only thing missing is John Travolta in a gold slave girl bikini..
He did Hairspay after all..
John-Travolta-drag.jpg

Hmm.. That was a thought.. A thought that made me decide
to not join the Jedi cult anyway.​
:nervous:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
No problem.

I don't care if JT is gay. I just don't get hypocrisy in any way. Peace.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Well, I got the impression that JT was gay when I first saw him in 'Grease' - I liked that movie a lot btw..

So what if he's gay? - Or bisexual.. He's ok anyway.. Damn good actor I think.. And also abysmally stupid for being a Scientology shillebrity.

:yes:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I got the impression that JT was gay when I first saw him in 'Grease' - I liked that movie a lot btw..

So what if he's gay? - Or bisexual.. He's ok anyway.. Damn good actor I think.. And also abysmally stupid for being a Scientology shillebrity.

:yes:

So true.

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
outing

It's pretty shitty to out someone who doesn't want to be outed...

On the other hand, she didn't come out and actually SAY anything. She made a pretty ambiguous statement that can be interpreted many ways.

Nobody cares if JT is gay, but they might care if a "church" is blackmailing him with the content of his confessions. Not to mention threat of disconnection from his family.

CF said just enough to get things started...I hope it snowballs into his freedom.

Re: the kiss picture--that guy was supposed to be Jett's live in "nanny"....poor Kirk Douglas had to get molested in an effort to make that look normal....

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
!#$$#

OK. I think outing is bullshit. Person has a right to their privacy. I also think the fact that it has to be something that needs to be hidden; that needs to be 'outed' is bullshit. I have a gay son, and the fact that sexuality is something that has to be announced just pisses me off in many ways. I long for a day where people don't have to "come out", because it isn't an issue. I was fucked up in my beliefs in this area due to my involvement in the cult. Basically, I guess, I am actually am omnisexual...I just never saw gender as a defining thing of how I was attracted to a person, which made me buy into the cult think that you could "do the right thing" and be straight. (ooooh....I guess I just 'came out')

Honestly, what makes me twitch is that the cult is so desperate for new meat that if this does come out as true, they will use it to show that they DO accept homosexuals. Or, they will go the right-wing way and show how they actually cured JT. I'm sure they will do a fucking survey to work out their best approach. The whole thing makes me sick. I saw so much hate in the cult about this that disgusted me before I knew my son was gay. I knew too many folks with "alternative" sexual views who just kind of rocked.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
It's pretty shitty to out someone who doesn't want to be outed...

On the other hand, she didn't come out and actually SAY anything. She made a pretty ambiguous statement that can be interpreted many ways.

Uhhh..no.

In the September 2009 issue of Out, you participated in its monthly Can I Be Blunt? column by sharing 10 things that gay men should know about straight women. One of those things was, “We don’t really care that John Travolta is gay.” I know you and Travolta go way back, so let’s get really blunt here: Does his legal team have any business demanding Gawker remove a recent post suggesting that he’s given blow jobs?

"Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be."

http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainment/Television/Fisher_Priceless/