What's new

Critics' Powers?

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Could someone post this to OCMB and other boards for me? Thanks!
MP

Newsgroups: alt.religion.scientology

Written 4 Anonymous and "Old Guard" familiar with Anon lingo.

I was intrigued to hear some views of OG recently from a few anons,
which made me have good lulz and some caek for thought.

Point A. "OG are running Black Dianetics on us through mind
control" (paraphrased for inaccuracy).

I find this hilarious (no offense intended) as I think none of us even
got "white" Dianetics to work while paying for it for years and tens
of thousands of dollars. See any totally real Clears with no
aberrations or inabilities among the OG? I don't.

In any case Dianetics is usually now done holding 2 empty soup cans on
wires attached to an e-Wall.e (meter). I have never even studied such
a thing as Black Dianetics, and it would probably have to be done
holding 2 cans of Red Bull attached to a black iPod with Heavy Metal
playing through titanium earbuds. So, if you are not actually doing
that my guess is you are safe from Black Dianetics.

Sheesh, guise, a lot of OG actually do wish we gor sooper seekrit
powerz from all we spent in Scientology but the gut-wrenching truth is
we didn't AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE OUT PROTESTING WITH YOU GUISE. If we
had amazing mental powers we would be buying future lottery tickets
with only winning numbers and retiring to desert islands to rule the
world through the mentaltubes. Pity is we can't do those lulzy things
as we got screwed with false promises.

Point B. "The OG failed so Anon has to come to the rescue." (badly
paraphrased for horrible inaccuracy, but you can probably get the
drift)

If you speak to a lot of OG I don't think any of them think we
"failed", even though some may have hoped for more results in our
fight to take down the scam of Scientology. You have to realize the
context was totally different for us. Most of us came out of the cult
severely wounded mentally, emotionally, financially and socially (no
friends except Scilons, now all gone due to disconnection).

We had basically nothing left and no internet available at first, or
back up plan in place.
Those few of us who became activists did so on a broken piece of
threaded shoestring. We spoke out, we did little pickets, we tried to
get justice against the evil billionaire psychotic cult and got even
more wounded. personaly I lost my home, car, jobs, friends, credit
rating, peace of mind and many belongings whe I sued Scientology back
in 1998-99. Other OG have had similar mega-butthurt and money-raep.

So, we consider ourselves, I believe, pioneers in hacking our way
through the OSA-snake infested jungles of Scientology defenses. Can
you even imagine our absolute delight and relief to see Anonymous show
up??!! WOWWOOWW!
YEAHHH!!!

So, here is a message from OG to you (and others' postings are most
welcome).
Here are some things that mean OG managed to stop Scientology to some
good degree before January 2008 with our (win) efforts. If OG had
failed then
Scientology would have had the time and money to do SOME OR ALL of the
following; (if these are absent it means somebody or something
prevented it as these were planned to occur)

-force Hubbard tech into schools to get all of you into the cult in
your teens
with no choice.
-stopped the internet from being free except to promote Scientology
and Hubbard-favorable sites.
-eliminate psychology and psychiatry totally and take their government
grants. This would mean no availability of any useful medications.
-phase out all other religions as "invalid other practices"
-destroying all books on self-improvement other than Hubbard's (not an
exageration)
-no TV except for Scientology training and indoctrination purposes
-gulags for dissenters, rebels, gays, unhappy people of all kinds (low
emotional tone) with no human rights at all
-media under DM's control
-and MANY MORE.

(BTW: if Anon/Chanology/OG do fail then expect that list above to
actually happen...ok?)

So, please realize that the OG are not internet-illiterate dumb-fucks
as we have also use the intertubes in our fight. We don't have any
leaders either, no matter how many want to say we do. We also eat cake
and have fun.
I know for a fact that OG LOVES ANONYMOUS AND CHANOLOGY BIG TIME, so
how about giving us some slack so we can heal while joining you in the
fight?

I am very happy to meet you guise at the protests and help you out
with speaking Scilonese while trying not to step on any landmemes.
I do my bit, other OG do theirs, and we all battletoads with pranks
and win, and have delicious caek to celebrate gigantic epic wins and
to enjoy having no leaders.

tl;dr: OG have no powers to hurt your minds and have not failed but
kept Scientology from already stealing your freedoms.

Feral

Rogue male
Thank you Michael,

It is scary when you put it that way. I often wonder; what would it be like if the whole world was run by scientology....like the orgs.

:omg: EEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!:omg:

byte301

Crusader
Yeah, thanks Michael.
I haven't read that whole thread at enturb. tl dr But I have noticed that a few anons have it in for OG's, critics and exes. I ignore them. They don't want any egos in Anonymous but some of them seem to display quite a large ego themselves.:D

Amyway, I'm sure we can come to some peaceful terms with all this. Maybe Tory could back off the smilies a little? That seems to inflame them big time.:lol:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Anonymous is very easy to infiltrate by OSA.

No one has to know anything, and they all just have to hate anything having to do with Scientology - Exes included.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
One thing obvious; OSA has a vested interest in 'Divide and Conquer' and Factionalization and internecine strife.

It's what they do.

Not every asshole is OSA, but, with every spat Baby Xenu cries

Zinj

feline

Patron Meritorious
I can't speak for Enturb. What I CAN say is that my local group is choosing to not play the Enturb drama game and uses our local forum significantly more. There are a few of us who check other boards and fact sources and we cross post to the local if something looks important.

The situation with Tory was unfortunate and really quite stupid. She got pulled in by an asshat that thinks that he's the greatest thing since paper napkins. Life will teach him a few things about his greatness but not before he beats on more people. On the other hand, that same guy is hugely dedicated to this effort and works his tail off to make things work in his city.

We all bring something to the effort. We can deny our egos but that doesn't mean that we don't have them. Right now, Enturb is a shitstorm in a teacup and has stopped being productive based on a few of those egos. That will change.

What I know with certainty is this- my days of complaicency are over and I will continue the fight. It is no longer acceptable to me to apply a "live and let live" attitude to a vicous cult. I am not alone.

The storm will subside and the result will be a stronger group more united in purpose.

byte301

Crusader
I can't speak for Enturb. What I CAN say is that my local group is choosing to not play the Enturb drama game and uses our local forum significantly more. There are a few of us who check other boards and fact sources and we cross post to the local if something looks important.

The situation with Tory was unfortunate and really quite stupid. She got pulled in by an asshat that thinks that he's the greatest thing since paper napkins. Life will teach him a few things about his greatness but not before he beats on more people. On the other hand, that same guy is hugely dedicated to this effort and works his tail off to make things work in his city.

We all bring something to the effort. We can deny our egos but that doesn't mean that we don't have them. Right now, Enturb is a shitstorm in a teacup and has stopped being productive based on a few of those egos. That will change.

What I know with certainty is this- my days of complaicency are over and I will continue the fight. It is no longer acceptable to me to apply a "live and let live" attitude to a vicous cult. I am not alone.

The storm will subside and the result will be a stronger group more united in purpose.

I agree and this whole drama might have taught some people a lesson or two. :yes:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Not solely for the purpose of bringing that nonsense over here, but - speaking as neither OG or Anonymous - Tory brought a bunch of that on herself, as suggested.

The "Thunderdome" should never ever never ever ever be taken seriously. I've had threads dragged in there myself and - though eye-popping to the uninitiated - it turns out to be a huge laugh after a while.

I think the old line critics and exes do need to understand the culture they're dealing with. The main cause of these folks is and has always centered around censorship, so it has bred a culture where anything goes. it isn't for the faint-hearted, to be sure. Does it look like some are just being mean? You bet. But you have to learn to just let it roll off. I don't necessarily buy the idea that it makes you tougher or less thin-skinned like some claim. There's no just hero-worship there so if you are a "celebrity" you aren't getting a pass.

The frustrating thing, for me, re; Tory, is that she strays off too much. She starts off with a beautiful premise and then by the time the video is over she's somewhere else and never covered the opening. I think that caught the eye of a lot of "stay on target" people. But she's a bit of a hero to me (even though it took her to OTVII to figure out it was bullshit and I had that figured out on Life Repair but what the hell... dig dig) and a good person with a great big sweet heart.

The culture at Enturb is going to be the culture at Enturb. And, relative to Michael's post, he wrote that after agreeing with me on a side comm. that the whole shitstorm should just be left to sort itself out, so I was a little surprised - even if I agree with his comments, in the main - when I saw it.

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
I dont really get what you are all talking about with enturb---I am totally confused. feel free to explain....?

But the only thing I see when I check enturb is an incredible amount of production and creation going on and they deliver. They are like little machines-they spit out products in a day-really nice vidoes, brochures, plans, web sites...it amazes me really.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Thank you Michael,

It is scary when you put it that way. I often wonder; what would it be like if the whole world was run by scientology....like the orgs.

:omg: EEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!:omg:

If $cn ran the whole world, imagine how empty it would by now. 90% would wind up in the gulags, and DM couldn't keep so many people suppressed for so long. How is he going to cope when those imprisoned in the SP hall wake up and start fighting back?

byte301

Crusader
I dont really get what you are all talking about with enturb---I am totally confused. feel free to explain....?

But the only thing I see when I check enturb is an incredible amount of production and creation going on and they deliver. They are like little machines-they spit out products in a day-really nice vidoes, brochures, plans, web sites...it amazes me really.

There was a big deal at enturb. Tory's thread got sent to the thunderdome :omg: and she got flamed pretty bad. I think that some people were just waiting to jump down her throat about stuff like Escalus posted about. Some of us aren't as computer literate and some anons get impatient with n00bs.

Anyway, the admins at enturb decided to shut down the thunderdome and it made everyone mad...even the people that don't go in there...like me! lol
I figured there was gonna be a lot of drama and there was. So they had it out big time and things got worked out and they gave them the Thunderdome back. And everybody had cake. Funny thing was it went on at the same time as the big thread thing here. I still think it was a full moon. :yes:

Oh, then the Marblecake thing reared up on enturb. But that's another story for another time. heh heh

p.s. Don't ever go to the Thunderdome...it will make your eyes bleed unless you're tough like Escalus!!! Ware the Dome!

byte301

Crusader
oh lawdy, byte, not "tough" - more like dimwitted. :pcpunch:

Escalus, I accidentally wandered in there a while back. OMG!!! I was so grossed out I wouldn't have posted if my life depended on it! LOL But I do know why they have it...I just didn't care for the picture of dea...

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
What I know with certainty is this- my days of complacency are over and I will continue the fight. It is no longer acceptable to me to apply a "live and let live" attitude to a vicious cult. I am not alone.

No, you are not alone.

Last edited: