What's new

"Ethics" redefined as MORALS (laws) - The 161 Sins of Scientology

Safe

Patron
Does it say anything in Science of Survival about what should be done with people low on the Scale?

For one, this promotion of abuse ...

"any person from 2.0 down on the tone scale should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind"

Even if this were appropriate and proper (which it is clearly not), let's go with it for a second. WHO is the Judge and Jury who decides who is 2.0 or lower or not?

Obviously, this falls right into the hands of a perfect tyranny.

This has not gone unnoticed by me. It's sickening and repulsive! So I'm not in anyway endorsing all the text in SOS. But I need Scientology text to make points to inculcated Scientologists. SOS is just one of those tools because they'll have more of a tendency to believe it, just as if I was quoting Bible text to a Christian.

Safe

Patron
(I just posted this on my Progressive Scientology Facebook group. We'll see what response I get.)

The "inerrancy" of LRH. Do you agree with Ron's opinion below?

"any person from 2.0 down on the tone scale should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind" - LRH (Science of Survival, Chapter 21, p 131 "Ethic Level"

I consider this a "sin of scripture". Even if this were appropriate and proper (which, for me, it is clearly not), let's go with it for a second. WHO is the Judge and Jury who decides who is 2.0 or lower or not? Obviously, this falls right into the hands of a perfect tyranny, doesn't it? IMO, Ron's opinion here is wrong, sickening, and appalling. What do you think?

The linked book below has truly helped me to scrutinize, question, and critique the Bible, which, interestingly, has also helped me pay closer scrutiny to all of LRH's texts. Much is good. There is a lot not so good. It seems many Scientologists have lost their critical thinking skills, and have glibly allowed "sins of scripture", which should outrage them, pass right by them without giving it a second thought ... just like Christians have with the Bible.

IF they had really followed the technology of study, ALL of it (including the 3 missing study tapes), AND had not been forced to think that one's own personal critical observation was just a word they didn't understand, with the underlying assumption by course supervisors that "Ron is always right", tyrannical statements such as the one above wouldn't have just glibly slid by Scientologists, and instead, would have been objected to. I'm "guilty" myself.

The Sins of Scripture: Exposing the Bible's Texts of Hate to Reveal the God of Love

guanoloco

As-Wased
The booze and Benzedrine wore off?

2i8kdtw.jpg

An interview with the person who transcribed Science of Survival in 1951:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/interviews/demille.htm

By the way, you may want to take a closer look at Science of Survival before you use it as a beacon of sanity.

As I recall, a recommended way to spot a person's placement on the "Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation and Tone Scale" is to note the person's attitude toward Dianetics.

Bad attitude toward Dianetics = Low on the Scale.

Does it say anything in Science of Survival about what should be done with people low on the Scale?

This makes DeMille one of those evil transcriptionists that squirrelled the basic books because he transcribed SOS!

Safe

Patron
My only response by Scientologists so far to this new post I made on Progressive Scientology Facebook group:

"We could really use something like this to clean up the streets of Los Angeles smile, but then "Men cannot be trusted with Justice." - LRH"

My post:

What are the real reasons Jewish News & German people fear Scientology? Is there a missed withhold on a LIE the issue is one of "religious intolerance"? After reading page 157, Chapter 27 of Science of Survival, 16th printing Oct 1975, is there any wonder why they fear LRH's idea? (CAPS below, are mine ... all the text is in sequence, as is, with no interruption.)

"The SUDDEN and ABRUPT DELETION of all individuals occupying the lower bands of the tone scale from the social order would result in an almost instant rise in the cultural tone and would interrupt the dwindling spiral into which any society may have entered. It is NOT necessary to produce a world of clears in order to have a reasonable and worthwhile social order; it is only NECESSARY to DELETE those individuals who range from 2.0 down, either by processing them enough to get their tone level above the 2.0 line -- a task which, indeed, is not very great, since the amount of processing in many cases might be under fifty hours, although it might also in others be in excess of two hundred -- or SIMPLY QUARANTINING them from the society. A Venezuelan dictator once decided to stop leprosy. He saw that most lepers in his country were also beggars. By the SIMPLE EXPEDIENT of collecting and DESTROYING all the beggars in Venezuela an end was put to leprosy in that country." - L. Ron Hubbard

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/105996/scientology-is-not-a-religion

Then I added these comments of mine to this post:

I've been reading Science of Survival again with scrutiny. I didn't know LRH wrote this. Somehow I must have glibly passed right by this text without thinking too much about it. That I read this without full consciousness of what I was reading is disturbing. I cannot support this idea, or even the suggestion of it! The idea is extremely disturbing. The idea of euthanasia happening again is a great fear which behooves one to have compassion for the fear, and to understand nothing like what happened in Germany should ever happen again.

The use of the soft word "DELETE" made Scientology scripture more digestible. It's not as if one simply presses the delete button to take out a letter. So let's translate this "Sin of Scripture" into what is really being said here, and see how digestible Scientology scripture becomes ...

"The SUDDEN and ABRUPT MURDER of all individuals occupying the lower bands of the tone scale from the social order would result in an almost instant rise in the cultural tone and would interrupt the dwindling spiral into which any society may have entered. It is NOT necessary to produce a world of clears in order to have a reasonable and worthwhile social order; it is only NECESSARY to MURDER those individuals who range from 2.0 down, either by processing them enough to get their tone level above the 2.0 line -- a task which, indeed, is not very great, since the amount of processing in many cases might be under fifty hours, although it might also in others be in excess of two hundred -- or SIMPLY QUARANTINING them from the society. A Venezuelan dictator once decided to stop leprosy. He saw that most lepers in his country were also beggars. By the SIMPLE EXPEDIENT of collecting and MURDERING all the beggars in Venezuela an end was put to leprosy in that country."

Couldn't MURDER be justified for the "greatest good" here?

Now when you take somebody insane and a sociopath like David Miscavige, and you mix that with inculcated religious zealots who take all of LRH's works literally, in their minds, murdering those 2.0 or below could be the fastest way to "clear the planet", couldn't it? People in the anger and fear band can easily take Hubbard's scripture literally, and BELIEVE Hubbard is giving a choice, either/or ... that he's suggesting the option. Can you see why others more uptone are justifiably afraid if Scientologists got into any power in government?

/End of my comments

It's apparent that this post was too much evil to confront, judging by my lack of appropriate response. <sigh>

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
For one, this promotion of abuse ...

"any person from 2.0 down on the tone scale should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind"

Even if this were appropriate and proper (which it is clearly not), let's go with it for a second. WHO is the Judge and Jury who decides who is 2.0 or lower or not?

Obviously, this falls right into the hands of a perfect tyranny.

This has not gone unnoticed by me. It's sickening and repulsive! So I'm not in anyway endorsing all the text in SOS. But I need Scientology text to make points to inculcated Scientologists. SOS is just one of those tools because they'll have more of a tendency to believe it, just as if I was quoting Bible text to a Christian.

Safe, I dig what you are trying to do. I also know from experience that Scientologists are VERY hard to get through to. I have a couple of suggestions.

Firstly, try to condense what you are writing a bit. See if you can make your point with a paragraph rather than a chapter. That way it will get read by many more people.

Secondly there is a site I think you may find very helpful in using LRH's writings to get through to indoctrinated Scientologists.

http://www.friendsoflrh.org/

Have a look at it. I think you'll like it.

Gadfly

Crusader
Again, you have to cut back the gradient.

You are giving them far too much to bite off at one time. You have to get into their stuck viewpoints bit by bit, and layer by layer.

Which of course will extend the time factor involved with affecting the brutally indoctrinated hardcore Scientologists.

They simply cannot confront facts and truth. So, you have to trick them to do so. I can imagine an entire website that aims to do such a thing, where it first picks apart small points, one by one, and that these build to create small "cognitions", that when all completed lead to larger "cognitions". It would be a large and complicated enterprise. But, the notion of gradients and hitting them at "their reality" are vital.

Also, different approaches resonate with different people, so most likely there is not a one-size-fits-all approach that would "work". The way it works now is that there is so MUCH information on the Internet, attacking Scientology from so many different angles, that once a person begins to question something, he or she then tends to roll through the Internet reading and slowing unraveling.

Another site is always helpful! And, by doing this, you will learn a great deal about how strongly fixed beliefs can be in the minds of true fanatical over-indoctrinated believers (such as Scientologists).

At timers you WILL feel like you are trying to have a conversation with a box of rocks. :yes:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The glaring fact is that all of this deals with the Organization not the individual.

I recently had a conversation with a scillion ~ and when they told me about the "merchant of chaos" briefings" from the 15 year old Sea Orgre in order to obtain more dono's for the International Assoc. of Scamartists ~ I gave her a bit of the ole Scien. medicine:

They went on and on about the Psychs doing this and that and they are howling. The EsPee's are out to take out Scamonology etc.

I asked them of the proof. They were silent. I stated "this is the science of knowing how to know" and it is backed by proof. Where is it?" They agreed it should be proven. Then I waltzed into the conversation regarding the IAS and transparency. This got them thinking. I asked them where the money goes....what DO the donations buy? Why is there NOT transparency? This would make the group walk the talk. How come David Miscavige does not show the books?

It was fun turning the table on the Merchant of Chaos maker!! It shut them up and poked a hole of doubt in their very carefully placed bubble.

They also brought up the internet and how it was helping us with the corruption in government. I asked them to repeat this.

Later on in the converstaion - they brought up the attact on Scientology by the government, interpol, etc....(puke). I once again said "where is the proof?" "Who told you this happened". She replied - "a Sea Org guy". (22 years old).

I asked where are the facts to back this up. She was told that "they" killed Quentin Hubbard. Oh my ... and once again - who told you this.

After a while I noticed I had rehabilitated her ability to LOOK - and apply the "tech" and get the facts not spray rumors coming from a 14 year old "dedicated" and controlled Sea Org 15 year old~! :happydance: I took the win!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The glaring fact is that all of this deals with the Organization not the individual.

I recently had a conversation with a scillion ~ and when they told me about the "merchant of chaos" briefings" from the 15 year old Sea Orgre in order to obtain more dono's for the International Assoc. of Scam-artists ~ I gave her a bit of the ole Scien. medicine:

They went on and on about the Psychs doing this and that and they are howling. The EsPee's are out to take out Scamonology etc.

I asked them of the proof. They were silent. I stated "this is the science of knowing how to know" and it is backed by proof. Where is it?" They agreed it should be proven. Then I waltzed into the conversation regarding the IAS and transparency. This got them thinking. I asked them where the money goes....what DO the donations buy? Why is there NOT transparency? This would make the group walk the talk. How come David Miscavige does not show the books?

It was fun turning the table on the Merchant of Chaos maker!! It shut them up and poked a hole of doubt in their very carefully placed bubble.

They also brought up the internet and how it was helping us with the corruption in government. I asked them to repeat this.
They did. Later I questioned where she was getting her "facts" because I have done some research and have found conflicting data. She got upset and said "the internet?" in a Smart ASS tone. I said - you just told me earlier in the conversation that you were grateful for the internet re: politics. Why is it not great for EVERYTHING including Scientology. Does that make sense to you - REALLY? .... silence...

Later on in the conversation - they brought up the attack on Scientology by the government, Interpol, etc....(puke). I once again said "where is the proof?" "Who told you this happened". She replied - "a Sea Org guy". (22 years old).

I asked where are the facts to back this up. She was told that "they" killed Quentin Hubbard. Oh my ... and once again - who told you this?

After a while I noticed I had rehabilitated her ability to LOOK - and apply the "tech" and get the facts not spray rumors coming from a 14 year old "dedicated" and controlled Sea Org 15 year old~! :happydance: I took the win! Using their own TECH to defeat the indoctrination! Thank you SIR!:clap:

Veda

Sponsor
Safe, I dig what you are trying to do. I also know from experience that Scientologists are VERY hard to get through to. I have a couple of suggestions.

Firstly, try to condense what you are writing a bit. See if you can make your point with a paragraph rather than a chapter. That way it will get read by many more people.

Secondly there is a site I think you may find very helpful in using LRH's writings to get through to indoctrinated Scientologists.

http://www.friendsoflrh.org/

Have a look at it. I think you'll like it.

Safe is doing just fine.

I'm sure he already knows about the site you linked.

He's going in the right direction in his personal voyage of discovery, and people will be reading his site, even if they're not responding right away.

It's refreshing to behold. :)

Gadfly

Crusader
Safe is doing just fine.

I'm sure he already knows about the site you linked.

He's going in the right direction in his personal voyage of discovery, and people will be reading his site, even if they're not responding right away.

It's refreshing to behold. :)

Yes, it is!

Another site up on the web critical of Hubbard & Scientology is a DOWNSTAT for OSA! :happydance:

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
Me - I just love the phrase "Scientology Punishment System" that the OP used. It made me snort with amusement. Punishment, threats, intimidation - THIS is the hope of mankind?

Safe

Patron
Me - I just love the phrase "Scientology Punishment System" that the OP used. It made me snort with amusement. Punishment, threats, intimidation - THIS is the hope of mankind?

LOL. I'm glad you caught on and were amused. It was supposed to amuse the reader it was intended for, and hopefully wake them up to the total irony of total control to become free, when I wrote ...

"Even though these "ethics" codes have nothing to do with ethics, but have everything to do with how we want YOU to properly behave and control you as a Scientologist, while you become a FREED BEING with us.

This list insures you don't get over-punished by us. This safeguards your freedom in our Scientology punishment system."

Yet everyone seemed to be sleeping at the wheel. Not one "lol" to something which was meant to be funny, yet sad.