What's new

Goodbye (at long last) from "Emma"

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
As usual, HH nailed it.

Emma, you have been a Force of Nature and unleashed the very hounds of hell upon the Cult of Dishonesty and Deceit.

You provided a home for me when I needed it. A refuge from the nightmare I found myself in, a place where I could be understood. You gave me a soapbox to speak from and find my voice. Room to breathe.

In the years to come, when the history of the demise of the cult is written, the creation of ESMB will be seen as a pivotal event – a very big nail in the coffin.

I am so very glad that you have decided to hang around and contribute and hope you enjoy your ‘retirement’.

And, a very big thank you to Ethercat and Mick for keeping ESMB safe and secure.

Here’s to the next 6 years! :cheers:

Axiom142

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I think the number of "thanks" and "likes" the OP got tell the story here.:yes:

Thanx for putting this forum together and for putting up with "us" over the years, Mich.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Having had the privilege of visiting "ESMB Central" several times when I still lived in Melbourne, I'm glad that you have folk you trust that you can turn that job over to and get on with your own life.:happydance:

ESMB was THE major thing that turned me from someone who'd just started to think Sciloontology was a scam to someone who could argue convincingly on national TV/radio/print media that it was a scam UFO cult specializing in abusing its deluded followers - something I'd never have dreamed I'd ever do. And all the other amazing things that have happened to me like appearing in the Australian Parliament House twice to tell my experiences in this cult.:omg:

And the amazing friends I've made (including Emma herself) through this Board. :bighug:

And I'm not alone in that praise, as a read of the preceding posts will testify.:thumbsup:

So thanx again, my friend - I'm sure this retirement will be sooooo much better than the last few have been:coolwink: - Mick and Ethercat have my undying admiration and respect for being willing to take over the Baby that ate the multi-billion $ multi-national scam cult called $cientology.:happydance:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
God Bless. Thank you for what you did here. I resigned myself in 1991 to never let anyone know of my existence in the Sea Org or anything else attaching me to Scientology.

In 2009 when I found this message board, I had no idea how it would affect me and my ability to talk freely of the crap I went through.

Your message board obviously affects other people way more than it did me. To those people I can only say I understand how much more you had to endure than I and how much better you are now.

75316d1246567806-happy-retirement-cowtownssr-congrat_retirement.jpg

So long, farewell Emma! :) You did a great job, Thanks for everything! :happydance:

We'll see you around the old corral! :thumbsup:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
What would be incredible is if all of us on the board could get together now for real and have a huge retirement party! :cheers:

Thank-You Emma for creating and maintaining the board for all these years. It's helped me out tremendously and am very grateful for the sacrifice you made to keep this going, even after you reached "EP" on it. :coolwink:

And to MiniMe....
:welcome2:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks Emma for all you have done and for allowing the many points of view to roll out stepping in only at times of most urgency to bring some sense to what was at times senseless. Damned good judgement! I can only imagine what it must have been like to birth this board at the very same time you were likely to be going through the same shit as all you were ministering to via the pages within ESMB.

It's not like you got to go free of all the shit first and then decide to start ESMB.

We've not meet in the real world but you are my friend and a friend indeed to our family...we are only ever a PM or phone call away should you ever need it.

Love to you and your family

James

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Thank you, Emma, for facilitating the creation of a real community. Stuck in the bowels of scn, I believed I was part of an important, effective group. Upon getting out, and discovering this board, I rediscovered how rich life is. If I were you, I can imagine being amazed at what I had wrought. Maybe I haven't paid attention, but I don't remember ever reading about your own feelings regarding the worth of what you have created. Thank you again for being someone who has made a real difference in my life, though you have no idea who I am and we will surely never meet.
Ho Tai

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I can't write a reply to every post in this thread but wanted to say that I've read every post and the effect was to make my screen blurry and at the same time make me feel great.

Yesterday was such a mixed day for me. At times I felt giddy & lightheaded with relief, like a 400 pound weight had been lifted from my shoulders. At other times I felt like I was saying goodbye to a child I'd raised who was leaving home for the final time.

I'll still be around but it won't be the same. "Emma" was me but she was more than that. She was braver than me. She was tougher than me. She was meaner than me. She was more compassionate than me. I became someone else when I signed in to ESMB as Emma. Emma bought out the best & worst in "Michelle" and taught me a lot about myself.

Emma allowed me to test boundaries, forced me to confront situations I never dreamed I'd have to confront and pushed me into learning things I never would have thought possible if I hadn't started ESMB.

I realised this morning that it's not ESMB that I'm saying goodbye to. ESMB is still here and will always be here as long as there is a need for it. It's Emma I'm saying goodbye to & it's Emma I'm going to miss.

Feral

Rogue male
I'm definitely going to miss you Emma. It seems like a real good time to say thank you for putting this board here. :thumbsup:

I remember when I first came and posted, I was on OTVII and a model Scientologist!.:eyeroll:

Bloody hell, I was without a single clue. Like many people here I was scared to look and certainly afraid as I pressed 'submit' on my first post. Let's not forget that, when I recall that you actually got arrested on trumped up charges for, essentially, putting this board here for us. Without ESMB I might not have made it out of the labyrinth.

Yeah, that Emma alter ego you picked sure was brave, feisty, noble, wise and even bitchy at times. Let us also mention that I could find Emma asleep at nearly any time of the day by merely calling her. But oddly enough not between midnight and 3am.

Emma could be led into any hair brained campaign designed to expose the CofS and was a sympathetic ear more than once, it's not a bad time to thank you for that help now too.:biggrin:

:heartflower:

Don't know what to make of that new member, sure looks 'iffy'. I had a cow I called 'Mini Moo' once, she was short, threw nice calves though.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for starting this place. May it stay up long enough to see the final collapse of the Cof$.

Pete

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I can't write a reply to every post in this thread but wanted to say that I've read every post and the effect was to make my screen blurry and at the same time make me feel great.

Yesterday was such a mixed day for me. At times I felt giddy & lightheaded with relief, like a 400 pound weight had been lifted from my shoulders. At other times I felt like I was saying goodbye to a child I'd raised who was leaving home for the final time.

I'll still be around but it won't be the same. "Emma" was me but she was more than that. She was braver than me. She was tougher than me. She was meaner than me. She was more compassionate than me. I became someone else when I signed in to ESMB as Emma. Emma bought out the best & worst in "Michelle" and taught me a lot about myself.

Emma allowed me to test boundaries, forced me to confront situations I never dreamed I'd have to confront and pushed me into learning things I never would have thought possible if I hadn't started ESMB.

I realised this morning that it's not ESMB that I'm saying goodbye to. ESMB is still here and will always be here as long as there is a need for it. It's Emma I'm saying goodbye to & it's Emma I'm going to miss.

Me too ... I like what you wrote though, it helps. :hug:

Wow. just Wow. Emma / Michelle. Wow. This site is a breath of fresh air. It was what I thought I was getting out of Scientology Grade One - freedom to communicate. If only Hubbard had the ethics and moral fiber to create a freedom like what you have created, he might have truly hammered his name into history. Hope wouldn't have been betrayed. Lies wouldn't have been told and perpetuated. Families wouldn't be torn apart.

In my mind there is no comparison - you are the "upstat"

Much love and affection,

Mimsey

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
........... I'll still be around but it won't be the same. "Emma" was me but she was more than that. She was braver than me. She was tougher than me. She was meaner than me. She was more compassionate than me. I became someone else when I signed in to ESMB as Emma. Emma bought out the best & worst in "Michelle" and taught me a lot about myself.

Oh my Emma but that was beautiful.

And I do get it. I said goodbye to a former, and different, me too right here on ESMB where I made my very last post as the former me. I felt deep relief and sorrow as well.

I really think I understand how you feel but still I think you need not miss Emma. She is still there, right there in your heart. Yes, right THERE.

Ever since we chatted on the phone years ago I have said I always wanted to meet you, like for example if and when you might visit Pooks. But the other day I realized that I have already met you and you are right here with me in MY heart too as you are in others'.

Emma honey Love called you here and all your hard work, tears and laughter made a place where Love could thrive for all of us. Thank you for answering that call Emma.

Now you are part of us forever.

Enjoy the rest of your journey as Love calls you home.

I love you Emma.

Denise