What's new

How does the E-Meter Work? ...are you sure?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
(. . . snip . . . ) The day after I hate myself for all this. I feel pathetic and destroyed.

It is not hubbard to be blamed, it is us who allowed him to get us so deeply
oh well i cannot speak for others, just to generalize... I am no SP

It was me who allowed him to get me so deeply involved, that the quest for bringing good to my Family and me and all mankind turned into a hunt for the next grade the next course, the next tape, the next level, the next congress, on and on until all and every power was sucked up and nothing remained but a hollowness and a hull. ( . . . snip . . . )

"Self Blame" is a common and particularly harsh consequence of having been victimised or otherwise having endured a traumatic event.

It is a natural phenomena that lessens as time goes on and rational thought seeps back into the otherwise emotionally strung-out sufferer. You will heal. And remember this: yes, you initiated the contact which lead to the abuse - but - the only reason the abuse took place is because you are, inherently, a trusting person who only wants to make the world a better place. L Ron Hubbard and his minions know this and, while the rest of the world sees it as a good thing, they see it as a weakness that can be ruthlessly exploited. Thus, it is Scientology and L Ron Hubbard which is responsible for your suffering and who must carry the blame. All of it. Not you.

Self blame is not the only barrier to overcome, however. You may also go through huge bouts of anger, denial, flipping in between states, and maybe even starting over again - but they are all natural, human responses on the path to recovery. You will eventually emerge from the "victim state" into the "survivor role" and be potent force in the prevention of similar trauma happening to others.

The journey you have undertaken is very nearly completed, it has made you stronger and more able to bring good into the world.

G

Gottabrain

Hi AnonyMike! :)

I believe I understand your turmoil.

I was at AOLA for nearly 9 years as SO staff and helped a lot of staff and public through a lot of situations there when I was the Dir I&R, and heaps of people recover from Scn since I've been out.

Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat privately.

We can talk about whatever you like, but I can see there is something more bothering you and I will keep whatever you say confidential.

Last edited by a moderator:

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
AnonyMike;450621, it seems you know just enough to be dangerous, and all the clowns and knowalls who have answered you are in the same boat. I was trained on emeter repair in the CoS just before I left in '82, and went on to design and sell a far better meter than they have ever produced. Some facts:

>>Hubbard tells us that it measures mental masses... but the thetan has no mass, no wavelegth no whatever... how can it then measure mental masses??

IMO, there is no thing as mental MASSES. there are mental things, ok, but they do not have any wavelength. The being is totally spiritual and there is nothing regaring it that has anything like a mass that could be measured.<<

This is where you have simply a WRONG and inadequate concept. There are mental masses, they are made by RIDGING one mental energy against another - have you never been badly overrun on a process, never felt like you weighted a ton? Well, if not, I and lots other have.

Sure, a thetan has no mental mass itself, but no one claims the emeter can measure a thetan, only any junk he is bringing with him.

>>Next. There is a difference in resistance of a dead human body solely because of the "S E X"

hellOOOO???? what, how, WHY?<<

Let's get clear on the history on this. Hubbard took that data from US military records of dead servicemen and women, it 's NOT any research of LRHs. And well after that early book, he changed his mind on someone needing to be at clear read for their sex to be clear.

I can agree that the meter is a very IMPRECISE instrument, mostly because of the hand/cans interface, and hi/low TA situations due to dry skin etc etc etc, and the weird interpretations placed on such readings.

And the CoS meters have a serious technical fault, the voltage applied to the cans rises with rising TA, and beyond approx 2.5V, this voltage closes down the surface cells response, making reads smaller and smaller. We learnt this from a professional biofeedback meter manufacturer, and our meter (and the Ability meter who took our advice on this fact) never puts more than 1.25V across the cans, no matter what the TA setting.

But a good meter works VERY well in the hands of a competent auditor who has good TRs and who can see reads through body motion, and I for one find it SO useful (in fact vital) with public. less so solo.

Regards, Allen

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
AnonyMike;450621
<snipperoony>
Allen

Hi Allen,

Please use the regular "Quote" function to show what you are quoting. And if you screw it up when deleting bits you don't want to appear, just go back in and manually correct it.

Failure to do this does three things:

1. It makes it hard to see what is your text and what was the other guy's
2. There's no link to click on to see the original post you are referring to
3. It makes you look like a moron. :)

Paul

AnonKat

Crusader
Pavlov's dog

AnonyMike;450621, it seems you know just enough to be dangerous, and all the clowns and knowalls who have answered you are in the same boat. I was trained on emeter repair in the CoS just before I left in '82, and went on to design and sell a far better meter than they have ever produced. Some facts:

-snip-

But a good meter works VERY well in the hands of a competent auditor who has good TRs and who can see reads through body motion, and I for one find it SO useful (in fact vital) with public. less so solo.

Regards, Allen

TRAINING ROUTINES. You just got trained like pavlov's dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ALoW_yppI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EdvGzMNej8

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Thanks

Thanks for sharing the eMeter autopsy. That was interesting, I never saw that model before. I see that even back then, they were a generation or two behind the times on their electronics. Not quite such a rip-off as the infamous "Christmas eMeter", but still an alarming mark-up, given what's inside.

Bit of a shame that the reviewer identifies it as a "Hubbard Electropsychometer" when it was really invented by Volney Mathison - but he wasn't the first person to be ripped off by Ron, and he wouldn't be the last.

Feral

Rogue male
I think there is a difference between someone who is threatening one with a weapon, and someone who is just trying to cheat.

In the last months I read manymany.... I got hold of the Book from a British Author Miller "Bare faced Messiah" also i got john Atacks book, I read his webpages, lermanet, i found the L.R.H. Jr. Interview from Penthouse.

I even read the researchings from a german "e-zine" called the "Magickal Observer" which is some kind of thelemic webpage, for they are into Hubbards dealings with "jack" Parsons and try to explain that hubbard was into black magic, but thelema is not black magick and crowley hat nothing to do with hubbard and so on and on...

Mary, I know all af this and i literally cannot stop and will not stop reading more. I feel a strong need researching every bit of it. (I am so angry that i do not have the chance to go through all the Files that Armstrong was allowed to see. He is an a way a lucky guy..but its obvious that he pays a high price.

Mike, I would take everything that Nibs, (LRH jnr) says with a grain of salt. According to Alan Walter he was utterly psychotic on the subject of his father and he had the same flair for telling bullshit too.

Alan also said that on other matters he was very capable and sane.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Thanks. That was very interesting.
Although I would disagree on a couple of minor points concerning a session patter, it's pretty good.

Boiling it down, I think this was mainly about both NLP and light hypnotic trance.
NLP DOES work on a lot of humans. This is why mass TV commercials work on a lot of people, IMO.

An apparent expert on using NLP:
Derren Brown Controls Shopping Mall Visitors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOEKdaXIEHc

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
Hi Allen,

Please use the regular "Quote" function to show what you are quoting.

So just how do I comment.reply to several sections of a post then? Like this:

You wrote: Failure to do this does three things:

I put >>...<< around his message, a very common way of identifing who's who when replying to emails.

You wrote: 2. There's no link to click on to see the original post you are referring to

True.

You wrote: 3. It makes you look like a moron. :)

I don't think so.

But if you can help me with my problem, I'm all ears.

Regards, Allen

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Hi Allen,

Please use the regular "Quote" function to show what you are quoting.

So just how do I comment.reply to several sections of a post then? Like this:

You wrote: Failure to do this does three things:

I put >>...<< around his message, a very common way of identifing who's who when replying to emails.

You wrote: 2. There's no link to click on to see the original post you are referring to

True.

You wrote: 3. It makes you look like a moron. :)

I don't think so.

Regards, Allen

Allen,

This info might help
http://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

You can edit your posts using the BBCode's as described in that link.
Try it and see how it works out for you.
IF you have any questions I'll try to help.

Regards

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Regards, Allen

1. Let's say the post you are responding to has four paragraphs. You want to delete the final paragraph, but comment on the other three separately.

2. Hit the quote button. I know you can do this as I see the post number you are quoting.

Let's say what you see in the edit box is this (note it's a fictitious post number for the next eight months), but with square brackets [] instead of curly ones {}:

{QUOTE=Armadillo;531062}Blah blah para 1 blah blah.

Blip blip para 2 blip blip.

Bleep bleep para 3 bleep bleep.

Bling bling para 4 bling bling
{/QUOTE}

3. What you want it to look like in the edit box at the end, before you press "Submit Reply," is

{QUOTE=Armadillo;531062}
Blah blah para 1 blah blah.
{/QUOTE}
Comment re para 1.

{QUOTE}
Blip blip para 2 blip blip.
{/QUOTE}
Comment re para 2.

{QUOTE}
Bleep bleep para 3 bleep bleep.
{/QUOTE}
Comment re para 2.

Regards, Allen

4. Personally, I usually type in these {QUOTE} xxx {/QUOTE} pairs by hand, but you can also use the little icon in the bottom row above the edit box that looks like a square speech bubble (4th from the right). Highlight the text you want to wrap in quote tags.

5. I'll repeat for anyone that missed it, use square brackets and not the curly ones that I have used, as it won't work using the curly ones!

6. If you notice after you've hit "Submit Reply" that you've screwed it up, simply hit "Edit" and correct it.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
By that time some hair-trigger has already responded and your fuckup is there for posteriority. :)

Zinj

But sometimes the snappy guy allows you a few minutes to notice the error before he pounces on it (unless it's Alanzo's post).

If it's me, I do it in stages, the worst errors first. Sometimes, and not infrequently, it takes several seconds for an edit to be accepted, and sometimes I just get a "go fuck yourself" screen ("Connection closed by remote server") that doesn't tell me if it worked or not and I have to go around to recheck (otherwise I can end up posting the same message twice). All in all, the moral is do it right the first time.

Paul

AnonyMike

Patron
This is where you have simply a WRONG and inadequate concept. There are mental masses, they are made by RIDGING one mental energy against another - have you never been badly overrun on a process, never felt like you weighted a ton? Well, if not, I and lots other have.

Sure, a thetan has no mental mass itself, but no one claims the emeter can measure a thetan, only any junk he is bringing with him.

Regards, Allen

Thank you Allen for your lines. Had a bit of a hard time sorting out, but ok, done it ;-)

Now, Yes I had been overrun several times and yes i also hat the feeling of weighting a ton..
But this is a feeling is not conneted to the body any way, shape or form whatsoever. It is simply false, that you can find any mental mass via the meter. Yes, you say, that in the hands of a good auditor and so on.

But view it from a different viewpoint. The meter reads, because it is expected to. Well not the meter itself, but you make it read. A simply lay guy from the street can make the meter read, see the pinch test.

And later work on the meter has to be trained, so unknowingly you train in how to make the meter read in the game you play.

Maybe there are things like ridges by now I am not far enough to prove nor disprove these effects, but i will do in a few months.
What you build up appears as something that can be understood as a mental mass, a ridge but it could also simply be a mock up because we have been told we do make them, and so we do automatically because we can.

Ron once said he realized that the basic underlying principle of existence is survival.

Since I am through all this, I will prove him wrong. And I can prove that he knew the truth and hid it. Because so he was sure that we´d follow him along the way.

In a Universe created by beings that cannot do else than survive, for they are eternal and only the universe has been created to last in order to create time, the basic principle of existence is : Creation.

On Monday I have an extended meeting with scientist at CERN. This for me is one step further in the direction to find and codify the real key to freedom.

Carcassed

Patron
Well, your body, especially your brain and nervous system operates electrochemically, so, yes, what's going on on your mind can be measured in your skin.
I've audited myself and others to know
How many times? How can you be so sure if you maybe don't even know if the results are temporary or permanent?
that the meter does react a certain way when you're anxious
And how can you prove that it was just the anxiousity that made the e-meter to react in that certain way? Maybe something else could have played a role in this. Just saying!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The e-meter works poorly. Yes, I'm sure.

If it worked as touted there'd be lines around all the orgs with people pushing to get inside the org.

Go to an org & see for yourself what is happening.

There is the answer !

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK mate, HTFU!,......... Better? :)

Good, 'cos I spent 3500 hrs auditing OT VII over 15 years, can you say 'duped'? My wife attested to OTVII to find she was later overwhelmed by depression after giving birth to our second kid which we waited for ten years to do because we were delivering full time therapy to our first kid who was severely brain injured in utero (sp?) by contracting cyto meglo virus while mum was at Flag on one of those expensive and squirrel six month checks.

It really sucks that there was no state of clear and OT as promised. I know.

We did get something out of it, so try to work out what you got from it, eh?

Me? I've got a cunning toughness that if I hadn't gotten into Scn I would have had to do hard time in a maximum security prison to aquire. Was it worth it? No, but it was something.

As for the meter, I found it was pretty consistant in what it read on and didn't read on but "Just Bill" did an excellent pair of posts on it. Here and here

Might help.

We did get something out of it, so try to work out what you got from it, eh?

Okay - Here is what the average Scientologist will say they got from it:

"I got an IAS pen in exchange for $50K and a plaque...oh, and a T-shirt.

I got to go to some events and eat cheese and fruit in exchange for $100K.

I got to spend $356,000 to spend time with auditor's that only acked me if I agreed with Scientology.

I got to go in debt, file bankruptcy, give up my IRA and have the experience of trying to create a new family cuz I disconnected from my old one cuz Hubbard convinced me they were SP's.

The biggest thing I got - was a really kewl SP Declare on goldenrod paper!!

Scientology sucks!