What's new

How I got my FLAG repayment - in 30 days

Leland

Crusader
Hi, does anyone know if you can get a refund on 5 intensives that were paid for OT 5 and never received? I went to Flag to do this and was given Sec Checks instead. Is this fraudulent?

Thanks for any info.

Zegritte

This is what I've been thinking.....Small Claims Court.

Just sue em for bait and switch....false advertising...

The limit in Small Claims Court is $5000....+ fees... But no attorneys necessary....and small fee to do the paper work.

The other wrinkle I've been thinking about is not naming the CofS as the defendant....but rather the SO, as an unincorporated fraternal organization....

The Cult could send a Lawyer to the suit....but he would be limited in his actions...and any additional filings...(as far as I know.)

I know Smurf will get ticked off at me for giving "legal advice" but....this is just an idea of mine.

Of course, if you win....then you still have to collect the Judgement...which could be another difficulty....

But in this way, one could sue for services already delivered.... (bait and switch)

Plus, Small Claims Court is informal....and quick. It would be over in a day.....not years...

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi, does anyone know if you can get a refund on 5 intensives that were paid for OT 5 and never received? I went to Flag to do this and was given Sec Checks instead. Is this fraudulent?

Thanks for any info.

Zegritte

I would imagine this happens with a lot of people. They pay for one service then are persuaded to use the money for something else.

I'm not a lawyer but with my experience of Scientology I would say you have no chance of getting that money back. They will probably say you agreed to do the Sec Checks and their Policy forbids repayment of monies that have been used for services. The refunds mentioned in this thread are for unused services.

Just my opinion.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
An oldie but good thread to stay next the top in view of new arrivals.

I always say when it come to the cult " Sue 'em "!