What's new

introduction

Hello all,

I'm here because I'm interested in the freezone. I tend to think one day soon quite a bit more of the best of 'the tech' will be recognized as useful and will start to find more of a place in the repertoire of various kinds of mental and physical healing practitioners.

I'm new to the study of Scientology and Hubbard, but not new to topics of the mind and communication such as NLP, EFT, PEAT, nor am I entirely unfamiliar with metaphysical studies though I cannot lay claim to any great mastery of any of the techniques of any of these 'other practices.'

But I have read enough to perhaps recognize that although Scientology was surely a peculiar admixture of sham and sincerity, it was yet possessed of many useful models of mind and spirit that will perhaps one day escape existing solely as shibboleths of a cult of personality and instead emerge anew, better documented and hopefully closer to some kind of open source.

From various quotes of Hubbard's such as "The work was free. Keep it so," I intuit that, in his better moments he definitely had hopes at least some of his technology would make its way into mainstream use. Perhaps he also hoped he would still be the one controlling its use and dissemination. History has seen to it that this latter dream of his was never realized. But a few continue the underlying research into the resolution of the problems of mind and spirit try to better integrate this with existing bodies of knowledge.

So I'd like to see an Open Source freezone Bridge affordably delivered to me ASAP with workable processes, an understandable philosophy and producing repeatable results.

So far I haven't seen it. And I'm sure half of you here will tell me it was all mostly just a scam. I can accept that evaluation, it is to find the few gems of truth and utility buried amidst the rambling morass of Hubbard's writings that I am still digging in this subject.

So I'd like to see an Open Source freezone Bridge affordably delivered to me ASAP with workable processes, an understandable philosophy and producing repeatable results.
The only repeatable result you will find through Scientology is slavery in the form of close-minded obedience to the cult of Scientology.

You might be able to able to pick apart a few of the tools Hubbard compiled and claimed as his own and find them useful,

but if you practice Scientology as Hubbard intended it,

all it will do is make you a slave to Scientology.

Scientology is a con game, and the "Bridge" is a bridge to nowhere. There are no Clears and there are no OTs

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=6033

You are not alone. :)

Yes, a considerable portion of the freezone & independent practioners have similar goals.

Mark A. Baker

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

From various quotes of Hubbard's such as "The work was free. Keep it so," I intuit that, in his better moments he definitely had hopes at least some of his technology would make its way into mainstream use.

-snip-

That was written with reference to Hubbard's many envisioned enemies, including the communists. Only a couple of years before that statement was made, Hubbard anonymously wrote a hoax "Russian Communist (anti-Dianetics) textbook" which he used to demonstrate that he and Dianetics and Scientology were under attack by Russian commies. However, at various times, the capitalists were also included in the long list of enemies.

So, I'd recommend taking such inspirational utterances with grain of salt.

He was manipulating his well-intentioned followers.

Perhaps this link will be helpful in finding the few gems of truth buried in the rambling morass. http://exscn.net/content/view/178/105

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Hello all,

I'm here because I'm interested in the freezone. I tend to think one day soon quite a bit more of the best of 'the tech' will be recognized as useful and will start to find more of a place in the repertoire of various kinds of mental and physical healing practitioners.

I'm new to the study of Scientology and Hubbard, but not new to topics of the mind and communication such as NLP, EFT, PEAT, nor am I entirely unfamiliar with metaphysical studies though I cannot lay claim to any great mastery of any of the techniques of any of these 'other practices.'

But I have read enough to perhaps recognize that although Scientology was surely a peculiar admixture of sham and sincerity, it was yet possessed of many useful models of mind and spirit that will perhaps one day escape existing solely as shibboleths of a cult of personality and instead emerge anew, better documented and hopefully closer to some kind of open source.

From various quotes of Hubbard's such as "The work was free. Keep it so," I intuit that, in his better moments he definitely had hopes at least some of his technology would make its way into mainstream use. Perhaps he also hoped he would still be the one controlling its use and dissemination. History has seen to it that this latter dream of his was never realized. But a few continue the underlying research into the resolution of the problems of mind and spirit try to better integrate this with existing bodies of knowledge.

So far I haven't seen it. And I'm sure half of you here will tell me it was all mostly just a scam. I can accept that evaluation, it is to find the few gems of truth and utility buried amidst the rambling morass of Hubbard's writings that I am still digging in this subject.

You may ultimately be disappointed to find that any Hubbard 'gems' you find were concieved by others long before he integrated them into his sham of an illusion. When/if you find an origional one please do tell!

And Welcome! :welcome: too!

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Breaking new ground!

Welcome friend! :thumbsup:

"Esthetics" (or aesthetics) :confused2: is no stranger to this august body! :eyeroll:

But to arrive with "shibboleths" in your OP is a rare treat indeed! :happydance:

EP

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello all,

<snip> I tend to think one day soon quite a bit more of the best of 'the tech' will be recognized as useful and will start to find more of a place in the repertoire of various kinds of mental and physical healing practitioners.
<snip<

I very much doubt that this will happen.
Psychoanalysis has moved on leaps and bounds and has left Dianetics behind.
Scientology tech is too structured and narrow, so those things that are actually bothering an individual are hardly ever addressed. In effect, a lot of PC's are being audited over ongoing and never handled problems, such as phobias, anger issues, compulsions, obsessions, anxiety, depression, sexual dysfunctions, shyness. Just addressing PTP's and PTSness doesn't fix this.
When does a C/S ever ask "OK what do you think your problem is?" and then has the tech on hand to deal with that specific problem? Never, the C/S has to follow the rigid steps.
Some problems respond brilliantly to drugs and Scientology can never accept that as a fact.
I hope you find what you are looking for in the FZ; do they allow an open mind such as yours?
Welcome aboard. :welcome:
D.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hello all,

I'm of the mind that some of it can be a useful starting point for better procedures and applications.

Welcome to ESMB, though. I hope you find it helpful.

Paul

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello all,

I'm new to the study of Scientology and Hubbard, but not new to topics of So I'd like to see an Open Source freezone Bridge affordably delivered to me ASAP with workable processes, an understandable philosophy and producing repeatable results.

going witt the Buddhist tradition, that you will decide your own course with the good , bad and the ugly.

Heres some links.

http://internationalfreezone.net/
www.stss.nl
http://www.ronsorg.com/
http://www.knowledgism.com
http://idenics.com/
http://www.net-prophet.net/ucp/index.html
http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.scientology.toc.htm