What's new

Looking for these Miami people...

Wisened One

Crusader
Worked with all these people early to mid-90's:

Willi Pena-last post was an HCO post

Ilona Lagowski-Miami Public (mid 90's)who had to leave scn due to her parents wanting a full refund shed spent their money to get to nearly Clear.

Betsy Blair-former PES, Miami. Great person!

Shaun and Vicky Carroll-former Course Sups, Miami (REALLY LOVED YOU GUYS, HUGS!:)

Fred and Kate Figueroa-Fred was SSO, I think, Kate, Qual and Auditor, Miami. (WE LOVED YOU, FRED, HUGS!:)

Liz-She was my Junior in Div 6, Miami. Had a son, Josh who used to run holy terror all over the place, lo!;)

Cat Fox-Former BT-eyed ED of Miami Org, wondering if anyone else on this board knows of her and and has update?

Freddy-Worked with Bookstore Officer, Miami. (HUGS, Fred!:)

Guillerme-Worked in HCO recruiting Staff. Verrrry handsome and sweet guy;)

Laurie Thebom-former receptionist at Miami, last I heard, she joined SO, and was at CLOEUS training there for a bit..update anyone?

Bob and Tony Levy: Both worked I think in HCO, Miami. (GREAT couple, HUGS to them!)

Eden Schlein/Furlin: Was receptionist at Miami, had married Ed Furlin, I think may even have had a kid? Update anyone?

And anyone else, staff or public updates would be great!

Good twin

Floater
Worked with all these people early to mid-90's:

Willi Pena-last post was an HCO post

Ilona Lagowski-Miami Public (mid 90's)who had to leave scn due to her parents wanting a full refund shed spent their money to get to nearly Clear.

Betsy Blair-former PES, Miami. Great person!
Last I heard Betsy is working for Dr Nobbe.

Shaun and Vicky Carroll-former Course Sups, Miami (REALLY LOVED YOU GUYS, HUGS!:)

Shaun N Vikki moved to CW.

Fred and Kate Figueroa-Fred was SSO, I think, Kate, Qual and Auditor, Miami. (WE LOVED YOU, FRED, HUGS!:)

Also in CW

Liz-She was my Junior in Div 6, Miami. Had a son, Josh who used to run holy terror all over the place, lo!;)

Cat Fox-Former BT-eyed ED of Miami Org, wondering if anyone else on this board knows of her and and has update?

Flag joined the SO

Freddy-Worked with Bookstore Officer, Miami. (HUGS, Fred!:)

Laurie Thebom-former receptionist at Miami, last I heard, she joined SO, and was at CLOEUS training there for a bit..update anyone?

Bob and Tony Levy: Both worked I think in HCO, Miami. (GREAT couple, HUGS to them!)

Eden Schlein/Furlin: Was receptionist at Miami, had married Ed Furlin, I think may even have had a kid? Update anyone?

Eden was married to "Kevin" Furlin. No kid. They split. She joined the SO. Is at CLO EUS last I heard.

And anyone else, staff or public updates would be great!

The ones I don't know about would love to hear of as well.
GT

Wisened One

Crusader
Ah wow thanks for the updates on some of them, GT!:)

If anyone else has even more info on these people and any others at MM, would love to hear it!

Someone recently gave me an update on Judy Blum, too.

Anyone have an update on Josh Blum? He was a really nice guy:)

XenuEtrawls

Patron
I don't remember Willi Pena (last post was an HCO post) and never met Ilona Lagowski-Miami Public

Betsy Blair was SP declared in the early 80s (82-83?) when we got hit by the inafamous Int Finance Police with Don Larson. I don't think they're on staff anymore. She was indeed the former PES, Miami & her husband Bob Blair was at one time the Miami ED (short lived) He was replaced by Bob Levy, who was married to Toni Levy who worked in the art dept, making the promo pieces & org. mag. You can see their names (Bob & Betsy Blair) in the new or recent Mighty Miami (e-mail) leak. I just read the postings & looked at all the pics - mostly all MM Org old timers. I left Miami in the late 90s but was staff & public till then. I went to the Freewinds in the early to mid 90s, myself.

I saw Shaun and Vicky Carroll at Wayne Eisenman's home in Clearwater back in 2002-2003 (my Clear memory's kinda foggy :) Shaun & Vicki were both lead sups at one time under Don Pfendler (whose name I also "surprisingly" saw on the Mighty Miami leak I mentioned) They were both good guys & I believe are STILL IN. Vicki was always a very caring person. They were both my sups, too. ;-)

I saw Fred and Kate Figueroa last at Wayne Eisenman's Clearwater home too. Fred was (THE BEST) SSO, for sure & he and Kate who was Qual Sec for a while (her last post, I DO believe) bought a home in Wimoma, FL on Fla's west coast between Sarsota & Tampa. I also went to the Portland Religious Freedom Crusade with Kate, Laurie (forget her last name) & Canadian DMSMH bookseller, Robert Durkatch - remember him? Fred was the best. Such a smart guy and must've had a photographic memory or close to it. He would always have a reference (page no. and all) ready for anyone.

"Liz-She was my Junior in Div 6, Miami. Had a son, Josh who used to run holy terror all over the place, lo!;)"

I remember a Josh but he was Judi Blum's son, if I remember right. She (Judi Blum) is still IN and her name appears as "contributor" to the new Ideal Org bldg on the same leak I mention. Do u rem Liz's last name?

Cat Fox-Former BT-eyed ED of Miami Org <= I know her 2 sons, Kevin & Craig Furlin and that she was replaced as ED by Sue Vespi who was married at one time to "BLOWN" staff member, Norman Vespi (whom I was SHOCKED to also see pictures of in the leak I refer to. But I don't remember seeing Cat. She was also my auditor on several FPRDs :)

Freddy-Worked with Bookstore Officer, Miami. <= Is this Freddie Romero? He's STILL in & his name is on the "leak" Very good guy. Always with a smile on his face. Very friendly.

Guillermo, yes... Guillermo Perez and his son who was on staff at leat till very recently or since I lost touch with them in 2004. I actually TRIED to get Gui out and he confessed being disaffected for a long time but since his son, Damon & his daughter (who lived in L.A. with his ex-wife, Barbie) were STILL IN, he was afraid to be "disconnected" from them so he then changed ALL his phone numbers and I could not reach him anymore. He did so because he wanted to cut comm with me, I'm 99% sure. :) That's too bad. I DID try. He's not on staff and hasn't been for a while and said he almost wound up declared at one time due to his disaffection.

Laurie Thebom-former receptionist at Miami <= I rem the name but I also knew two other Lauries, one was in the Public Division when I got in back in 1978 & the other one, well, she had diff posts but I believe she ended up working in the bookstore after Gino Cocomir & then Glenn Miller were ousted. Gino was SP declared by the Int Finance Police and became a Buddhist again, which he was prior to his involvement with Scn. But I think Thebom is a diff Laurie. Actually, other Lauries are vaguely coming to mind so, I'm not sure. :) It's been a while.

Bob and Tony Levy: Both worked I think in HCO, Miami. Maybe at one time they were HCO but Bob was the Tech Sec for a LONG TIME and then he even became the ED -as I mentioned- But I think Tech Sec was his longest post. Toni worked the longest in Dissem working on the MM org mag & promo and always kept to herself but they were BOTH very nice. Bob was also a bit of a comedian - great guy, I agree.

Eden Schlein/Furlin: Was receptionist at Miami <= She then became HAS and she had the hots for Craig Furlin (whose borther Kevin was an auditor & had the same lisp as their mom, Cat Fox) I never knew there was an "Ed Furlin," much less that Eden married him. I don't think Eden ever married anyone but I could be wrong. Craig eventually married this Ecuatorian girl, Mimi was her name but it didn't work out; even though, they DID have a kid together and then HE remarried, I don't know whatever happened with Mimi. She used to have an apt in Brickell Ave (where btw, the Miami Org started - in a house in Brickell Ave) Her dad had money & paid for all her expenses. She was a spoiled "daddy's girl" brat. I never thought she and Craig would last, as he was ESTO & had gone on that famous mission to L.A. trying to get all Execs in MM Admin Trained. I don't know if u were around back then but that's when this guy who was good friends with Craig -and another SUPER guy, friendly and good sense of humor- FREAKED OUT (had a psychotic break) & I remember being part of his "Baby Watch" team. WoW it just came to me: Jim was his 1st name. I can probably rem his last name if I try.

Were you staff or public?

Who else did you know or remember?

How about the Caulkins, Dave & Nancy? When were you in? Remember Dave Tropf? He was ED back in the late 70s, early 80s who also got SP declared by Don Larson's Int Fin Police "mission" They were ON A MISSION!!! Ahh, THAT explains it. :-X

Leah Abady, the chief reg (possibly became Dissem Exec/Sec? She's been on staff since the Brickelll days, as were Bob & Toni Levy, Sue & Norman Vespi, Fred & Lisa Fifueroa (who had 2 girls and one boy together b4 divorcing) Rem Shaun Fig, Fred's son? I know all three joined the S.O. but I don't think they made it but could be wrong, again.

Anyway, I remember TONS more people but I'll end this here and hope you reply. :) I don't know if you're notified of these so I'm also going to PM you. Okay.

Hoping to hear from you,

An old timer, myself :) 25+ yrs in, FREE for 5 ;-)

Wisened One

Crusader
I don't remember Willi Pena (last post was an HCO post) .

No problem. He and I were brief friends there for a little while while we worked together on Staff. He was Div 6 Book One Auditor and Expeditor when I was in. Then
a couple years after we'd left Staff in 1995, he'd been moved to an HCO Exec Esto or some such thing (and was trying desperately to recover us, lol).

and never met Ilona Lagowski-Miami Public.

She was a really nice girl! She was a Public with wealthy parents and used their money to go Clear. She used to let a lot of us use her car to do Promo and stuff. Then the sh*t hit the fan when they apprently found out and demanded a full refund. Poor Ilona was declared due to THAT. (of course as per policy, right?). I wouldn't mind hearing from her or knowing if she's in or out...

Betsy Blair was SP declared in the early 80s (82-83?) when we got hit by the inafamous Int Finance Police with Don Larson. I don't think they're on staff anymore. She was indeed the former PES, Miami & her husband Bob Blair was at one time the Miami ED (short lived) He was replaced by Bob Levy, who was married to Toni Levy who worked in the art dept, making the promo pieces & org. mag. You can see their names (Bob & Betsy Blair) in the new or recent Mighty Miami (e-mail) leak. I just read the postings & looked at all the pics - mostly all MM Org old timers. I left Miami in the late 90s but was staff & public till then. I went to the Freewinds in the early to mid 90s, myself.

Yep, Betsy was my PES. I heard she's not on Staff anymore but is now Public/FSM. I too saw her on the Miami Newsletters and even on Miami's website!

I saw Shaun and Vicky Carroll at Wayne Eisenman's home in Clearwater back in 2002-2003 (my Clear memory's kinda foggy Shaun & Vicki were both lead sups at one time under Don Pfendler (whose name I also "surprisingly" saw on the Mighty Miami leak I mentioned) They were both good guys & I believe are STILL IN. Vicki was always a very caring person. They were both my sups, too. ;-)

GOD, I looooved them! Especially Shaun! He and I used to get into long, deep conversations about conspiracies, the Masons, (he even still wore a Masonic ring and I used to be
perplexed by how and why he did that). Vicky was also VERY sweet and caring! I hope those guys get OUT soon, I would LOOOOVE to talk to them again! I HUG BOTH OF YOU if you ever read this!!! :hug:

I saw Fred and Kate Figueroa last at Wayne Eisenman's Clearwater home too. Fred was (THE BEST) SSO, for sure & he and Kate who was Qual Sec for a while (her last post, I DO believe) bought a home in Wimoma, FL on Fla's west coast between Sarsota & Tampa. I also went to the Portland Religious Freedom Crusade with Kate, Laurie (forget her last name) & Canadian DMSMH bookseller, Robert Durkatch - remember him? Fred was the best. Such a smart guy and must've had a photographic memory or close to it. He would always have a reference (page no. and all) ready for anyone.

Fred and Kate! Oh WOW, I also loved them! And yeah Fred WAS one of THE BEST SSO (and person) there!!! HE and I also used to get into long conversations about the same stuff Shaun Carrol and I did...he's also one of the few people that can make me laugh! I remember he used to cock his prostetic arm like a rifle sometimes and that never failed to make
me giggle no matter how stressed I was! :laugh:

And Kate Fig was always a sweet, cheerful person! She also audited me a few times. Good Auditor! Thanks for the update on them! I hope they are doing well and are happy! :)

And Laurie...(you may be thinking of either Laurie Karnes the bookstore Officer when I was in or perhaps Laurie Thebom the receptionst who later joined the SO). Both really nice people! :)
And Rob Derkatch! Yep! I used to sell books with him sometimes. He was always a great guy to talk to as well! He's still in, huh?

"Liz-She was my Junior in Div 6, Miami. Had a son, Josh who used to run holy terror all over the place, lo!;)"

I remember a Josh but he was Judi Blum's son, if I remember right. She (Judi Blum) is still IN and her name appears as "contributor" to the new Ideal Org bldg on the same leak I mention. Do u rem Liz's last name?

No sadly, I run a blank on Liz's last name...geez, she was my damn junior, too! lol. Hope she's doing well....she was a really sweet girl! :)

Yep, I really liked Josh Blum! (And Judi was sweet as well). I do wonder if Josh is still in the SO?

Cat Fox-Former BT-eyed ED of Miami Org <= I know her 2 sons, Kevin & Craig Furlin and that she was replaced as ED by Sue Vespi who was married at one time to "BLOWN" staff member, Norman Vespi (whom I was SHOCKED to also see pictures of in the leak I refer to. But I don't remember seeing Cat. She was also my auditor on several FPRDs

:violent: Cat Fox :violent: Cat Fox :violent: :puke2: ...maybe she was a nice lady as a human being goes, but...geez....I didn't particularly have a lovely experience with her being ED.....:nervous:

And regarding the Furlin's I don't think there was an Ed, Idk...I knew Craig, but not the other one, Kevin, so..they were both nice guys tho, and remember the girl...Nicole Furlin?. I got along with her. She was married to Ray Jourdain the Div 2 Reg when we were in. I heard she divorced him and joined the SO, tho. No word after that.

Yep Sue Vespie was always a nice lady. And I was there when Norman blew for a good year or two. I even remember when he came back...guess he's still there, huh? Geeeez. We blew 6 months after Sue Vespie took over as ED. We were just too dog-tired, etc,etc,etc..

Freddy-Worked with Bookstore Officer, Miami. <= Is this Freddie Romero? He's STILL in & his name is on the "leak" Very good guy. Always with a smile on his face. Very friendly.

Yeah! Freddy Romero, that's it! SWEET guy! And he's still there, huh? Sad. :(

Guillermo, yes... Guillermo Perez and his son who was on staff at leat till very recently or since I lost touch with them in 2004. I actually TRIED to get Gui out and he confessed being disaffected for a long time but since his son, Damon & his daughter (who lived in L.A. with his ex-wife, Barbie) were STILL IN, he was afraid to be "disconnected" from them so he then changed ALL his phone numbers and I could not reach him anymore. He did so because he wanted to cut comm with me, I'm 99% sure. That's too bad. I DID try. He's not on staff and hasn't been for a while and said he almost wound up declared at one time due to his disaffection.

Oh wow.....well I always liked Gui! Since he used to recruit my Raw Public who didn't sign up for courses/auditing (or even if they did). GREAT guy! Hope he's doing well, wherever he is!

Laurie Thebom-former receptionist at Miami <= I rem the name but I also knew two other Lauries, one was in the Public Division when I got in back in 1978 & the other one, well, she had diff posts but I believe she ended up working in the bookstore after Gino Cocomir & then Glenn Miller were ousted. Gino was SP declared by the Int Finance Police and became a Buddhist again, which he was prior to his involvement with Scn. But I think Thebom is a diff Laurie. Actually, other Lauries are vaguely coming to mind so, I'm not sure. It's been a while.

Yeah, the Bookstore Officer when I was in (early to mid 90's) was/is Laurie Karnes. The receptionist was a Laurie Thebom who I do know joined the SO and was at CLO for a while when I was there for a few weeks around Oct or Nov 1994.....

Bob and Tony Levy: Both worked I think in HCO, Miami. Maybe at one time they were HCO but Bob was the Tech Sec for a LONG TIME and then he even became the ED -as I mentioned- But I think Tech Sec was his longest post. Toni worked the longest in Dissem working on the MM org mag & promo and always kept to herself but they were BOTH very nice. Bob was also a bit of a comedian - great guy, I agree.

Yeah, I personally never had any problems with either one of them...hope they're ok wherever they are....

Eden Schlein/Furlin: Was receptionist at Miami <= She then became HAS and she had the hots for Craig Furlin (whose brother Kevin was an auditor & had the same lisp as their mom, Cat Fox) I never knew there was an "Ed Furlin," much less that Eden married him. I don't think Eden ever married anyone but I could be wrong. Craig eventually married this Ecuatorian girl, Mimi was her name but it didn't work out; even though, they DID have a kid together and then HE remarried, I don't know whatever happened with Mimi. She used to have an apt in Brickell Ave (where btw, the Miami Org started - in a house in Brickell Ave) Her dad had money & paid for all her expenses. She was a spoiled "daddy's girl" brat. I never thought she and Craig would last, as he was ESTO & had gone on that famous mission to L.A. trying to get all Execs in MM Admin Trained. I don't know if u were around back then but that's when this guy who was good friends with Craig -and another SUPER guy, friendly and good sense of humor- FREAKED OUT (had a psychotic break) & I remember being part of his "Baby Watch" team. WoW it just came to me: Jim was his 1st name. I can probably rem his last name if I try.

Yeah. Craig was still married to Mimi when we were there. And I agree that she was a rich girl type. I had very few issues with Craig, in fact he was very nice to me..he even calmed me
down when Kitty (SO EO at the time) hinted at declaring me SP or called me one or something during my routing off Staff cycle in Oct 1995, geeesh!).

And yep, THAT guy freaking out was a very traumatic time for us, too! :omg: :bigcry: We really liked him! He had just returned with :violent: Cat Fox :violent: and her crew
from OEC/FEBC and was working to 'boom' the Org and 'snap us all into shape' etc..etc... guess it got to him a bit. :sad: He was married to the Bookstore Officer at the time,
Laurie Karnes. His name: Jim Karnes. We never knew whatever happened to him except that he was audited successfully out of his 'break' then offloaded. But then we heard that he's fine and apparently BACK ON LINES at some other Org somewhere?! :ohmy:

Were you staff or public?

I was Div 6 Staff. Certainly you and I MUST know one another!? :)

Who else did you know or remember?

How about the Caulkins, Dave & Nancy? When were you in? Remember Dave Tropf? He was ED back in the late 70s, early 80s who also got SP declared by Don Larson's Int Fin Police "mission" They were ON A MISSION!!! Ahh, THAT explains it. :-X

No, I never met/knew Dave Tropf. I came on Staff I think early 1992. And Nancy Caulkins was my direct Senior for a few months then she left. She even put me up at her place for a while, NICE lady!:)

Leah Abady, the chief reg (possibly became Dissem Exec/Sec? She's been on staff since the Brickelll days, as were Bob & Toni Levy, Sue & Norman Vespi, Fred & Lisa Fifueroa (who had 2 girls and one boy together b4 divorcing)

Rem Shaun Fig, Fred's son? I know all three joined the S.O. but I don't think they made it but could be wrong, again.

Yep, knew of Leah, but never really got to know her. She seemed nice, though. And Shaun Fig! I also really enjoyed talking to him! I also heard he (and the two girls) joined the SO but that's all. They were all great kids! :)

Anyway, I remember TONS more people but I'll end this here and hope you reply. I don't know if you're notified of these so I'm also going to PM you. Okay.
Hoping to hear from you,
An old timer, myself 25+ yrs in, FREE for 5 ;-)

Read my signature. It has my name, my post and even some of my story of my time on Staff! :)

Oh and hey, you might also know of my husband, Dean Wentling (he's here on ESMB too). He and I married while on Staff and will be going on 15 yrs this December, WOW!:) We both also left in 2004!!! (although we left Staff in 1995 blew actually..then routed off a few months later). But we *left for real* in 2004. Ain't the Net great? ;)

I also knew a lot more people and can't wait to chat about them all with you! And I'm soooooo happy you have posted here! :hug: Another Miami Ex to talk to!!! Do you remember me then, do ya think? (And I hope it's not in a bad way? :unsure: :redface: )

Michelle Wentling (aka: Stacey)

Wisened One

Crusader
Hey: Anyone who also knew Ilona Lagowski, I found her! She has some adorable kids!:) And she's still out and was declared by Miami Org years ago.

But she looks great, so glad I've found her again!:)

Last edited:

Wisened One

Crusader
Last I saw Josh Blum he was driving a bus at Flag. August 2006. Nice guy, I hope he wakes up soon.

I hope he wakes up soon, too. Yep, really sweet guy, I had some good times with him and all the kids there. Josh, Shaun, Garrett, and some others. Lots of great people were there. Can't wait to see some of them one day on the other side :)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
When I was on staff at Boston Org in the early 80's I was put into the TTC and sent to Miami Org to train there. I don't know why :confused2:
It was a nice change of scenery though for sure. There were several other Boston staff that also came there for training during the time I was there. One of them was Heather Landrey who I believe is still an Exec at Boston org to this day.