What's new

Marty critiques the Tone Scale and violates KSW in a new way

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty critiques the Tone Scale and violates KSW in a new way.

Marty has now crossed a new Rubicon. He has gone past the anti-KSW practice of refusing to apply aspects of the Tech he believes to be harmful or not workable to positively changing, altering and rewriting the Tech. It is one thing to omit. It is another step to rewrite and replace. Marty has gone from an editor who merely uses an eraser to an author who uses an eraser and a pen.

Marty is doing something else. He is asking people to think for themselves.

Marty - Emotions III: The Tone Scale
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/08/06/emotions-iii-the-tone-scale/

Excerpt:
So Marty is a squirrel? So the CoFs was right all along.

I'm off to my local org.

guanoloco

As-Wased
So Marty is a squirrel? So the CoFs was right all along.

I'm off to my local org.

Me too! And just think...we're just in time for GAT II!!

...Rinders, Rathbuns and SPs...Oh MY!

We're off to see the Wizard...the Wonderful Wizard of Cause!
Because, because, because, because...
Because his teeth are full of scuzz!

We're off to see the Wizard...the Wonderful Wizard of Cause!
Because, because, because, because...
Because of the way he hides from the fuzz!

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Here's MahTee's Tone Scale replete with additives:

Bliss, Pan-equilibrium (Non-Duality)

Serenity, equilibrium (Justice)

40.0 Serenity of Beingness Know

Compassion (Responsibility)

Care (Nurturing)

Empathy (Transcendence of ego/pan-emotion)

Appreciation (Acknowledgment)

Release (Letting go)

30.0 Postulates Not Know

22.0 Games Know About

20.0 Action Look

8 Exhilaration Plus Emotion

6 Aesthetics

4 Enthusiasm

3.5 Cheerfulness

3.3 Strong Interest

3.0 Conservatism

2.9 Mild Interest

2.8 Contented

2.6 Disinterested

2.5 Boredom

2.4 Monotony

If I didn't know...and I actually don't know...I'd think the old boy was reading some David R. Hawkins Power VS Force stuff.

Here's Hawkins' book titles:

Books by Dr. Hawkins

1. Power vs Force: Author's official Revised Edition
  2. The Eye of the I
  3. I: Reality and Subjectivity
  4. Truth vs. Flasehood: How to Tell the Difference
  5. Transcending the Levels of Consciousness
  6. Discovery of the Presence of God: Devotional Nonduality
  7. Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man
  8. Healing and Recovery
  9. Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Another thing about the Tone Scale...what do you guys think about Pain as an emotion? Wouldn't that be a sensation?

Or is it a misunderstood in the Choich of Lientology and supposed to signify emotional pain as opposed to physical pain? More like a secondary or a lock instead of an engram?

I remember in the Tone Scale film the guy is huddled up and moaning, clutching his midriff and acting like it's physical sensation instead of emotional "pain"...do you think that's something the Choich got wrong or are they following L. Magnifico's script?

Any one know or give a hooey?

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think Marty, along with the rest of us, learned the hard way that TRUST is NOT at the top of the tone scale :omg:

Marty is out - it is just a matter of time before he starts to post about the con job of L Ron Hubbard and that he was duped. The reason he is getting OUT-OUT is that he is LOOKING! :happydance: He will help others get all the way out too! He was in it deep but there is a way out - you have to confront the evilness that Hubbard was and that takes time for some!

kate8024

-deleted-

Care (Nurturing)

Release (Letting go)

30.0 Postulates Not Know

22.0 Games Know About

20.0 Action Look

6 Aesthetics

4 Enthusiasm

3.5 Cheerfulness

3.3 Strong Interest

3.0 Conservatism

2.9 Mild Interest

2.8 Contented

2.6 Disinterested

2.5 Boredom

2.4 Monotony

One thing (out of many) that I don't get about the tone scale is the number assignments - is aesthetics twice the emotion that conservatism is (are either of those even emotions? lol)? Why do the numbers increase in non-linear proportions? What is the point of the numbers - especially the decimal places, why not just use integers for all of them or not use them at all? Is it just to make it more scientific? Is it just a representation of LRH's though process? Have I already spent too much thinking about this (yes)?

Anonycat

Crusader
I now think I went south through some sort of crazy and ended up in the cult as a solution, finding no solution there really I exited the cult eventually, I may have hit crazy again coming north from it...or I am about to! Unsure on this point.

Anyway, getting out of it is just the first part and that may have been achieved easily for some and not so for others, either way; out is just like saying you opened the front door and stepped through it to find yourself on the porch there is yet a road in front of you. IMO one may hit 'crazy' on that road. Perhaps Marty is now at this point.

I agree. I know people who were out 2 years and were fine, and those out 20 years, who said they were permanently damaged. I know there is everything in between, too.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
One thing (out of many) that I don't get about the tone scale is the number assignments - is aesthetics twice the emotion that conservatism is (are either of those even emotions? lol)? Why do the numbers increase in non-linear proportions? What is the point of the numbers - especially the decimal places, why not just use integers for all of them or not use them at all? Is it just to make it more scientific? Is it just a representation of LRH's though process? Have I already spent too much thinking about this (yes)?

If I recall correctly Hubbard just arbitrarily assigned the numbers...makes no sense I know...Hubbard said so it was. And yes you've spent more time on it than it's worth, believe me.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Care (Nurturing)

Release (Letting go)

30.0 Postulates Not Know

22.0 Games Know About

20.0 Action Look

6 Aesthetics

4 Enthusiasm

3.5 Cheerfulness

3.3 Strong Interest

3.0 Conservatism

2.9 Mild Interest

2.8 Contented

2.6 Disinterested

2.5 Boredom

2.4 Monotony

If I didn't know...and I actually don't know...I'd think the old boy was reading some David R. Hawkins Power VS Force stuff.

Here's Hawkins' book titles:

Books by Dr. Hawkins

1. Power vs Force: Author's official Revised Edition
  2. The Eye of the I
  3. I: Reality and Subjectivity
  4. Truth vs. Flasehood: How to Tell the Difference
  5. Transcending the Levels of Consciousness
  6. Discovery of the Presence of God: Devotional Nonduality
  7. Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man
  8. Healing and Recovery
  9. Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender

Care, compassion, and empathy???? No shit!!!

guanoloco

As-Wased

I once read this and have never been able to find it again. He wrote that at one time the tones were thought of as standing waves with the major emotions landing on nodes and antinodes. Node at 0.0 was Death (is that an emotion?), antinode at 0.5 Apathy, then a node at 1.0 for Fear and so on. This was why people tended to gravitate to the major CHRONIC emotions because they landed at the nodes/antinodes and the briefer acute levels were transitory as part of the progress. The whole deal analogized tuning forks but in that write up he started the notion was mistaken.

Later, as the scale evolved the parameters became points of the Be, Do, Have triangles of ARC/KRC, Start, Change, Stop/Future, Present, Past - all that 0-8 Book of Basics stuff and that's Tones 40.0, 20.0 and 0.0, IIRC; thus, Serenity of Beingness, Action and Body Death.

How's that for hooey?

guanoloco

As-Wased
Forgot to say that each full "step", ie 0.0, 1.0, 2.0 and so on was a node and each half step was an antinode, of 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, etc.

Another thing about the Tone Scale...what do you guys think about Pain as an emotion? Wouldn't that be a sensation?

Or is it a misunderstood in the Choich of Lientology and supposed to signify emotional pain as opposed to physical pain? More like a secondary or a lock instead of an engram?

I remember in the Tone Scale film the guy is huddled up and moaning, clutching his midriff and acting like it's physical sensation instead of emotional "pain"...do you think that's something the Choich got wrong or are they following L. Magnifico's script?

Sorry i wasn't really listening.......what were y saying?

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors

I have an earlier similar.

minshull1.jpg

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
He's caught in a trap ... but he can walk out.

It seems to me that Marty, probably due to his loathing of Miscavige has given himself a much harder time than he needed to on his way out of the cult ... by setting himself up as 'the man' via his Indie blog, books and various media escapades he created a lot of drama (for himself) that he needn't have but he now appears to be seriously trying to normalise despite bothering to hunt for merit in various bits of the tek to feed to his followers and 'request feedback' from having put his own regurgitated slant on it.

He's 'keeping up appearances' ... just as most of us once did in the cofs.

He may not mean much of the positive he posts (about the tek and hubbard) these days but he can't really wander off now or announce it's all a load of old tripe (also like most of us could and did) even if he would like to.

He's built himself a mini cult (I believe purely for the potential income) but if he truly wants to be free he'll need to cut all ties to it and move on now, he isn't a young man anymore and time is valuable.

If he had serious income potential elsewhere I expect he'd dump his blog, his books and his apparent interest in pulling the tek apart in a heartbeat.

He was already in deep but he dug himself so much deeper by becoming an Indie 'leader' and I think he's trying to extricate himself now gradiently and without losing face ... he won't be able to though because scientologists (Indies very much included) are an unforgiving lot and won't let him go easily.

He did one thing right and that was finding Mosey, her normality, love and sanity are probably what saved him and I hope he dumps his latest cult soon for her sake as much as his own.

:)

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: He's caught in a trap ... but he can walk out.

He did one thing right and that was finding Mosey, her normality, love and sanity are probably what saved him and I hope he dumps his latest cult soon for her sake as much as his own.

:)

Yup -- chuck it all away and follow the advice of sages Lennon and McCartney ..."all you need is love"

Terril park

Sponsor

Don't forget he also recommended reading psychologist Carl Rogers and
embracing his idea of client centered therapy which Scn traditionally used to employ.

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
Marty now calls what he does "his practice". So he went from being in a make believe religion and military to being in a make believe medical field.