What's new

Not sure I qualify

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi

I don't even know where to start and not sure that I qualify to be on here as my experience was barely anything in comparison to some.

I know someone who has been on here and he is having a real 'win' for a better word, just finding out that he himself was not nuts!

In a nutshell (for now at least) I was introduced to scn through a boyfriend who incidentally didnt want to tell me at first but I kind of made him! lol first mistake!.:duh: From walking through the door as someone who had NEVER ever heard of it or read about it or anything I was as green as they come, I was almost suprised I didnt get WOG stamped on my forehead as I entered reception, anyway I digress...from walking through the door to being signed staff took 2 visits. from that second visit to being placed as Tres Sec (oh yeah not just any post) was about 4 weeks.not permanent training oh no just every spare minute I had from my job, running my house, to looking after my child, and driving the hour and half to get to the org.

I wont go into details as yet but the whole process was hilarious at times down right ridulous at others and constantly stressful.. I even got on post before I had finished training. although i use the word training very very loosely. I didnt even know what words were like for example what OT stood for! what out ethics meant! what devT meant! but I sure as hell learnt what a quiksilver was!!!!

I will leave it there for now. I dont know if I should ramble on, I was not a patron, or even really anything. only had a tiny audit session to clear an ARC with with previous tres sec, I have however been KR'd !!!, I never finished a course, i told the sup that i didnt get the course but she was under instruction to just push me through. I lied on the cans to get the 'floating needle' that she was looking for that was when i had my first doubt. so im not sure I qualify to share.

I do however have a lot of anger at the whole thing as although my relationship ended because of my own actions, the church certainly had a fair hand in it. I was on staff he was just about on course therefore down stat! i had money - i was loved he did not - he was not! you get the picture???

for now possibly i will leave it. It makes me soo angry when I look back.:angry:

Welcome Quickied! Hell if they let scientologists in here I'd say *you * qualify! Lol

Come on in and make yourself at home.

Hey, not to take away from your post but during my 7 year tenure on staff at LAD I saw what you described over and over. Hell it happened to me.

small steps

Patron with Honors
Yeah. After you trip in the pothole and fall on your face, weeping and moaning doesn't do much to help, so, you get up, go home, take a shower, wash your face and vow to watch where you're going more carefully.

Then, if you're feeling civic-minded, you go fix the pothole, for the sake of others, or even just report it. All while getting on with your life.

Zinj

I like the way you have worded that zinj! simple and to the point, not like my rambling on! lol. however I must point out that if one has been led to believe that road infront of you is absolutely safe and without any need of repair, and then proceeds put a pothole right in your path intentionally so that you fall and get hurt, then that is another matter entirely. Learning to NOT be emotional and angry in THAT circumstance is quite a trick. In fact I'm not sure whether one should even TRY to control what would, to my mind, be a reasonable response.

accident, or somebody elses intention or neglegance. there is a big difference.

small steps

Patron with Honors
Small Steps, I remember this thread. I did not get any negative impression of you (or of her) from reading it. There was just obviously pain there on both sides. I'm glad that you are getting past it. I also have learned after Scientology that open eyes, and seeing things as they are instead of how you want them to be is a gift. I'm glad that you are there. Godspeed!

-TL

Thanks TL!
although i'm not entirely sure I can claim to be anywhere yet, let alone 'there'! :) it's just a case of understanding things as they come up, how it all fits and how I should and shouldn't think about it.

ml

dave.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Sometimes the pothole is a tiger trap :)

Still, while it's understandable to be outraged, the actual further action remains the same. Sure; get mad. Then fix it.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
This board's for anyone who used to be in Scn and there are forum regulars who never were involved. So it's a good board for anyone interested in the subject. Welcome!

small steps

Patron with Honors
I feel I should clarify here. It is HIGHLY unlikely that Quickied will be bqack here. it was months ago that she was posting and a lot has happened since then. I suspect her motivation for posting was more to do with me than a genuine desire to deal with any lasting issues she had with scn. I may be wrong of course and if she ever does look in on here then i'm sure she will correct me accordingly.

I merely had an urge to re-read what she had put on here and it led me to a few thoughts. I didn't feel it warrented a new thread and so just tagged on to here.

It is good she is welcome, obviously, but i doubt that she will be back to see your replies guys. sorry for any confusion.

dave.

Hi

I don't even know where to start and not sure that I qualify to be on here as my experience was barely anything in comparison to some.

I know someone who has been on here and he is having a real 'win' for a better word, just finding out that he himself was not nuts!

In a nutshell (for now at least) I was introduced to scn through a boyfriend who incidentally didnt want to tell me at first but I kind of made him! lol first mistake!.:duh: From walking through the door as someone who had NEVER ever heard of it or read about it or anything I was as green as they come, I was almost suprised I didnt get WOG stamped on my forehead as I entered reception, anyway I digress...from walking through the door to being signed staff took 2 visits. from that second visit to being placed as Tres Sec (oh yeah not just any post) was about 4 weeks.not permanent training oh no just every spare minute I had from my job, running my house, to looking after my child, and driving the hour and half to get to the org.

I wont go into details as yet but the whole process was hilarious at times down right ridulous at others and constantly stressful.. I even got on post before I had finished training. although i use the word training very very loosely. I didnt even know what words were like for example what OT stood for! what out ethics meant! what devT meant! but I sure as hell learnt what a quiksilver was!!!!

I will leave it there for now. I dont know if I should ramble on, I was not a patron, or even really anything. only had a tiny audit session to clear an ARC with with previous tres sec, I have however been KR'd !!!, I never finished a course, i told the sup that i didnt get the course but she was under instruction to just push me through. I lied on the cans to get the 'floating needle' that she was looking for that was when i had my first doubt. so im not sure I qualify to share.

I do however have a lot of anger at the whole thing as although my relationship ended because of my own actions, the church certainly had a fair hand in it. I was on staff he was just about on course therefore down stat! i had money - i was loved he did not - he was not! you get the picture???

for now possibly i will leave it. It makes me soo angry when I look back.:angry:

Oh honey, you so qualify to share and be here...Your experience was not unique, unfortunately. Feel free to read and post, or just visit from time to time. You are welcome here! :)