What's new

Scientology OT 8s to complete Student Hat and Advanced Solo Auditor Course

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I left the CoS about 15 years ago, one friend I left behind was a long-term scientologist, ex-SO, mother of 5 grown-up kids, trained auditor, OT V.

Recently I saw a video from Saint Hill where she is talking about wins on the Student Hat!

A few days ago there was a picture on Tony Ortega's site of her on stage at Saint Hill dressed as batman!

Amazing progress in 15 years.:duh:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
When I left the CoS about 15 years ago, one friend I left behind was a long-term scientologist, ex-SO, mother of 5 grown-up kids, trained auditor, OT V.

Recently I saw a video from Saint Hill where she is talking about wins on the Student Hat!

A few days ago there was a picture on Tony Ortega's site of her on stage at Saint Hill dressed as batman!

Amazing progress in 15 years.
:duh:

:hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That captured the hilariously retarded stupid of Scientology so perfectly! Damn, that really made me laugh! (thx!)

ps: Your perfectly delivered setup & punchline ("on stage at St. Hill dressed as batman") was deliciously sublime bathos. I loved it!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
"I need you to . . ." always used to rub me the wrong way when I was in the SO, as it always seemed like the wrong reason for doing something. I mean, why would I give a shit unless it was someone I cared deeply about?

Extra bonus comment on "I need you to...."

As repugnant as it is to hear that preamble coming from some random Scientologist (before they give you what is really a thinly disguised "order"), there apparently is utility to that expression. Cops use it all the time and it seems to work.

e.g. "I need you to turn around and put your hands behind your back".

Cops have a good number of little catchphrases that they punctuate their banter with, to facilitate compliance. Another is "real quick". . .

e.g. "Just jump of the car for me real quick"

Anyways, on that "I need you to..." there is some kind of clever control value to it. It perhaps has something akin to the sales "closing technique" called the "assumptive close" where everything is said and done AS THOUGH the person has already agreed to buy.

The cops (or Scientologist's) version of "I need you to..." could be called the assumptive authority command. You just assume yourself to be senior to the person as if they already agreed that you are in control and your words are to be obeyed.

Okay, Paul, I need you to check off "LIKE" below. lol