What's new

Scio/Pedo James Barbour

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/19/james-barbour-broadway-ac_n_931292.htm

SAN DIEGO -- Broadway actor James Barbour is leaving a San Diego production of "The Rocky Horror Show" days after it was revealed that he had sexual contact with a 15-year-old girl.

On his Facebook page, the 45-year-old actor says he's leaving because of unexpected issues with his wife's pregnancy. She's expecting their second child in October.

Barbour was to play the lead in the "Rocky Horror" musical, which opens next month at the Old Globe theater. No replacement has been cast.

After Barbour's hiring was announced last week, San Diego news outlets reported that in 2008 he pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor counts of endangering the welfare of a child. Barbour acknowledged he had sexual contact with a 15-year-old he met in 2001 during his Broadway run in "Jane Eyre."

-----------

James Barbour, the 43 year-old Broadway actor and prominent member of the Church of Scientology, was sentenced in Manhattan Superior Court in March 2008 to a 60-day jail term and three years' probation, for pleading guilty to two sexual acts with a child.

[video=youtube;oRctTEXu3JA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRctTEXu3JA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Scumbag! And a repeat offender. That nets him a paltry 60 days in the slammer? That is digusting. He sure is part of the most ethical group on the planet. :no:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hmmm...I agree that guys who attempt to have sex with teenaged minors or who have sex with them are definitely predators.

But I wouldn't call them pedophiles.

In any event, this guy needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I think I may know this guy.

I was standing outside of Flag one day when a 12 year old girl walked by. The guy standing next to me said "Wow! Look at the body on her."

I said to the guy, in a way to show my disgust at what he was saying "She's twelve years old!"

And the guy repleid "Yeah, but she has the body of a ten year old!"

I kid the scumbag/pedophile/repeat offender/ IAS member.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
:no: I don't agree.

:angry: A 45 year old man messing around with a 15 year old girl (under the legal age)...:puke2:

I've already said it's a criminal act. But a pedophile likes children. He's a pervert and a sexual predator.

I've also already said that he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Someone who has sex with teenagers is a predator and molester but isn't a seeker after CHILDREN.

Adolescents are mostly developed. People who go after them can certainly be said to be preying on their innocence, taking advantage of them, breaking the law, committing statutory rape and being all round shitheads. But there is no way they can be said to be pedophiles because pedophiles are child molesters.

I speak as one who was molested prior to my teenage years.

I will never ever refer to someone who preys upon teenaged boys and girls as a child molester or pedophile unless he also preys on those who've not attained adolescence. But I will certainly say they are predatory and that they are hurting people, hurting families and breaking the law. There's a reason there're statutory rape laws. The victim does not have the emotional capacity to truly consent, and, thus, the law states that they do not have the legal capacity to do so. And I agree with the law.