What's new

Scn minus money-getting & brainwashing

Veda

Sponsor
Would anything be left?

hqdefault.jpg

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
How about if you took out all of the factual data that hubbard provided and then took a look at what was left?

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
Scientology is "knowing how to know". So you know you know, you know........right?

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Would anything be left?

hqdefault.jpg

This is an excellent idea. The real problem is Hubbard's taint.

Namely that would be addressing the ego to possible spiritual detriment. Then there's the 1.1 carping criticism and the 1.1 subtle manipulation. All the Hubbard perversions and 1.1 aspect leaves a very muddy mess.

But the scales and stuff and processing...even the concept of isolating and exploring the properties and attributes of a "thetan" or whatever is interesting.

Is it all hypnotism? I doubt it. Is there something to the theta/MEST theory and the subsequent negative case gain? I believe so.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Would anything be left?
Yes, the bait on the hook, some of which is beneficial.

ocean.jpg

While some things in Scientology helped some people, I really question whether Hubbard's primary intention was to help people.

To me, it seems more like the positive things were like bait on a hook to achieve his real objectives.

And those real objectives are seen in his Affirmations (linked to in this blog post) , in his fraudulent marketing,in the way he treated people over the years, and in his creation of particular policies (and "Ethics Tech") which turned the Scientology organization into a cult.

Hubbard didn't create a single Clear or OT before his departure to Target Two, nor did he leave behind the means to achieve those states. Yet, that didn't stop him from marketing them from day one, and accumulating hundreds of millions of dollars by doing so. In my view, that makes him one of the greatest con artists of the past hundred years.