What's new

The E-Meter As A Delusion Facilitator

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Newton doesn't have a law of energy.

http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/NatSci102/NatSci102/lectures/physicallaws.htm

Jump, I guess my junior high school science classes failed me. I should have just waited until I could ask you...:nervous:

Energy

Newton's Laws give us precise definitions of energy, defined as the ability to do work, which in turn is defined as a force acting over a distance. Power is energy per second, so it reflects the ability to do continuous work. For example, a falling object can definitely exert a force over a distance, and the associated energy before it starts to fall is called potential energy:

potentialenergy.jpg (32207 bytes)

where M is the mass of the earth, m the mass of the object, and r is the distance from the center of the earth. The potential energy is defined in a way that makes it nearly zero far from the earth, and increasingly negative as the object falls farther toward the center of the earth. Once it is falling, it also has kinetic energy

kineticenergy.jpg (25677 bytes)

where v is his velocity.

The law of conservation of energy

Energy may be transformed from one form to another (as in from the battery packs to the pc), but it can not be created or destroyed

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime

Newton's three laws of motion ( inertia, F=ma, action/reaction ) don't mention energy, Newton was interested in motion and momentum.

The concept of conservation of energy worked on by Leibniz who noted kinetic energy of a system <sigma>mv[SUP]2[/SUP] was conserved was later developed by engineers, the gas chemists and others.

But it's ok, we can summarise by reference to Newton's laws of energy if you like.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Newton's three laws of motion ( inertia, F=ma, action/reaction ) don't mention energy, Newton was interested in motion and momentum.

The concept of conservation of energy worked on by Leibniz who noted kinetic energy of a system <sigma>mv[SUP]2[/SUP] was conserved was later developed by engineers, the gas chemists and others.

But it's ok, we can summarise by reference to Newton's laws of energy if you like.

Then I'll really feel like I'm back in Scientology.
By your retort I'll assume you are.
So why derail the thread?
Is there something with regard to the emeter that you don't want discussed?
It's a contraption of deception, replete with its minions thereof...

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
My Hulda Clark zapper uses just one 9 volt battery which powers it for weeks.

And Barry Penberthy's Ability meter -- from memory -- ran for a hundred hours on one AA battery. The Thetameter Nano I have runs off the 5-volt USB port.

Paul

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
Then I'll really feel like I'm back in Scientology.
By your retort I'll assume you are.
So why derail the thread?
Is there something with regard to the emeter that you don't want discussed?
It's a contraption of deception, replete with its minions thereof...

Your derail was bigger than mine :coolwink:

Back on topic...
There was a system called 'Faciltated Communication' used with severely disabled people whereby they were 'helped' to communicate a message on a keyboard by their therapist. It was eventually proved to be completely invalid.

Auditing has some of these concepts. The 'therapist' wants a desired EP and facilitates the discussion through earlier similars and fantastic past life stories by encouraging acceptable responses. The 'PC' knows they have to participate in the auditor's guidance to get an acceptable outcome.

Valid professional therapies are more aligned to the client's needs without any overlaying dogma.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
And Barry Penberthy's Ability meter -- from memory -- ran for a hundred hours on one AA battery. The Thetameter Nano I have runs off the 5-volt USB port.

Paul

So you're an electronics guy, what eats up the stored energy of a 6 AA battery pack during a couple of auditing sessions? What is different here than is going on during zapping where clearly the juice is being absorbed by the body? Or isn't it? Details, details..

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So you're an electronics guy, what eats up the stored energy of a 6 AA battery pack during a couple of auditing sessions? What is different here than is going on during zapping where clearly the juice is being absorbed by the body? Or isn't it? Details, details..

Sorry, I'm not an electronics guy at all. The friend who created the "audio-programmed zapper" as he called it is very much an electronics engineer -- I just re-purposed it as the "music zapper" to have a bit of fun.

One meter uses half of a 6xAA-battery pack in a session; another runs for 100 hours of sessions off 1xAA battery. The difference is in the design of the meter. I assume some of it gets eaten up in the meter circuitry and is dissipated as heat in a badly-designed meter. Beyond that I couldn't say. Ralph (Hilton), who's been repairing (on the Apollo), researching, designing and building meters of different kinds since the 70s, could probably tell you.

One 9-volt battery powers a zapper for dozens of hours and seems to have interesting non-harmful effects in the body. One 9-volt battery in a taser of roughly the same size as a zapper will knock a man flat and unable to stand. The electronics differ device to device and are relatively simple to describe physically, but what happens in the body is not well understood.

Paul

Last edited:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Your derail was bigger than mine :coolwink:

Back on topic...
There was a system called 'Faciltated Communication' used with severely disabled people whereby they were 'helped' to communicate a message on a keyboard by their therapist. It was eventually proved to be completely invalid.

Auditing has some of these concepts. The 'therapist' wants a desired EP and facilitates the discussion through earlier similars and fantastic past life stories by encouraging acceptable responses. The 'PC' knows they have to participate in the auditor's guidance to get an acceptable outcome.

Valid professional therapies are more aligned to the client's needs without any overlaying dogma.

I hadn't thought of that for years and had no idea it was struck down.
I always thought their was too big of a chance the therapist might make things up for the subject.

I guess I'll file that away with all the bullshit about fmri.