What's new

The sun is not a gas ball

Well, if you thought my other thread on the sun being conscious was specious, perhaps you will like this better. In the below video the lecturer, a brilliant scientist who's research made MRI possible, that claustrophobic machine in every hospital, points out several proofs that the sun is in fact a ball of liquid Hydrogen. At first he goes into the spectral analysis of the sun and it's continuous spectrum, then he goes into something any child can see - transverse waves on the surface of the sun. Gases (air) do not have transverse waves. What is a transverse wave? Def. below. Want to see transverse waves on the sun for your self? Go to 9:36 in the below video. More in the second video.

What does this have to do with Scientology, or other beliefs? If this hypotheses / theory is accepted widely, it will throw astronomy a punch to the gut - a liquid is incompressible - so the concept of black holes is shown to be false. All of the star types will have to be reworked. The mass of the galaxies re-evaluated. All the solar and star phenomena explained by thermonuclear fission etc. goes to the trash heap of science. On and on.

The resistance to this concept is massive not unlike the resistance of scientologists to accept their religion is a fraud. Entheta on an apocalyptic scale.

Mimsey

"A transverse wave is a moving wave that consists of oscillations occurring perpendicular (right angled) to the direction of energy transfer (or the propagation of the wave). If a transverse wave is moving in the positive x-direction, its oscillations are in up and down directions that lie in the y–z plane." Wiki

"Transverse wave, motion in which all points on a wave oscillate along paths at right angles to the direction of the wave’s advance. Surface ripples on water, seismic S (secondary) waves, and electromagnetic (e.g., radio and light) waves are examples of transverse waves."
https://www.britannica.com/science/transverse-wave

ripples-on-a-pond-big.jpg

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Haven't watched your vids Mimsey, life's too short.

"Pierre Robitaille is a world class crank who believes that he has discovered a serious flaw in the theory of thermal radiation. ... There are no consequences of anything that Robitaille has to say on this subject, for physics, at all. ... Oh, just possibly, you've been reading ..."

More here.

You live in Florida don't you? Or perhaps it's California. Either way it's pretty warm where you're at, which is especially remarkable since according to the latest mindfuck you're trying to sell us, the sun's temperature is −423.17° F.

I've got another OP for you. Is the Moon made of green cheese?

Last edited:

"Pierre Robitaille is a world class crank who believes that he has discovered a serious flaw in the theory of thermal radiation. ... There are no consequences of anything that Robitaille has to say on this subject, for physics, at all. ... Oh, just possibly, you've been reading ..."

Here

You live in Florida don't you? Or perhaps it's California. Either way it's pretty warm where you're at which is especially remarkable since according to the latest mindfuck you're trying to sell us, the sun's temperature is −423.17° F.

I know he has negative press however, that doesn't lessen the presence of transverse waves on the surface of the sun. How else does one explain them?

Let's look at this:

"These outbursts originate above the Sun’s visible surface, and they direct most of their energy outward. But some of it is directed back toward the Sun. That heats particles in the Sun’s lower atmosphere, creating a pressure wave that penetrates deep into the Sun. The wave then reflects back to the[bcolor=#ff0000] surface[/bcolor], causing a “sunquake.” Hot gas ripples outward from the site of the quake, and seismic waves travel deep into the Sun."
https://stardate.org/radio/program/sunquakes

How can a gas atmosphere have a surface? Look out your window at the sky - see any surface up there?
Now take a look out your window at the Thames - that liquid water has a surface.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Mimsey

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
How can a gas atmosphere have a surface? Look out your window at the sky - see any surface up there?
Now take a look out your window at the Thames - that liquid water has a surface.
So the atmosphere extends out from the Earth to infinity? No surface? Got it!

Well thought out.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I know he has negative press however, that doesn't lessen the presence of transverse waves on the surface of the sun. How else does one explain them?

Let's look at this:

"These outbursts originate above the Sun’s visible surface, and they direct most of their energy outward. But some of it is directed back toward the Sun. That heats particles in the Sun’s lower atmosphere, creating a pressure wave that penetrates deep into the Sun. The wave then reflects back to the[bcolor=#ff0000] surface[/bcolor], causing a “sunquake.” Hot gas ripples outward from the site of the quake, and seismic waves travel deep into the Sun."
https://stardate.org/radio/program/sunquakes

Res ipsa loquitur.

Mimsey
What liquid Mimsey? The sun is composed mainly of Hydrogen right? Hydrogen becomes a liquid at −423.17° F as I said earlier. How do you (or your nutty professor) reconcile that?

What liquid Mimsey? The sun is composed mainly of Hydrogen right? Hydrogen becomes a liquid at −423.17° F as I said earlier. How do you (or your nutty professor) reconcile that?
Pressure. Remember how you can liquify gas by compressing it? If the sun has enough gravity to hold the planets in place, surely, as you get closer to it, the gravity increases. Hence the pressure increases.

You do make an excellent point - the corona is fabulously hot - what millions of degrees? But the surface of the sun is no where that. He did a video about the temperatures of the surface and if you want to watch his series, there's much more.

Mimsey

So the atmosphere extends out from the Earth to infinity? No surface? Got it!

Well thought out.
Well, your definition of surface and mine differ. How do you explain transverse waves on a gas body when a gas only propagates longitudinal ones? Oh! I don't recall any photos of transverse waves on the earth's atmosphere taken or observed from the space station - where are they? Mimsey

sur·face
/ˈsərfəs/
noun
noun: surface; plural noun: surfaces
the outside part or uppermost layer of something (often used when describing its texture, form, or extent).
"the earth's surface"
synonyms:
outside, exterior; More
top, side;
finish, veneer
"the surface of the door"
antonyms:
inside, interior
the level top of something.
"roll out the dough on a floured surface"
synonyms:
counter, table
"a floured surface"
the area of such an outer part or uppermost layer.
noun: surface area; plural noun: surface areas
"the surface area of a cube"
the upper limit of a body of liquid.
"fish floating on the surface of the water"
what is apparent on a casual view or consideration of someone or something, especially as distinct from feelings or qualities that are not immediately obvious.
"Tom was a womanizer, but on the surface he remained respectable"
synonyms:
outward appearance, facade More
"the surface of police culture"
at first glance, to the casual eye, outwardly, to all appearances, apparently, ostensibly, superficially, externally
"it sounded plausible enough on the surface"
Geometry
a continuous set of points that has length and breadth but no thickness.
adjective
adjective: surface
relating to or occurring on the upper or outer part of something.
"surface workers at the copper mines"
synonyms:
superficial, external, exterior, outward, ostensible, apparent, cosmetic, skin deep
"surface appearances"
antonyms:
underlying
denoting ships that travel on the surface of the water as distinct from submarines.
"the surface fleet"
carried by or denoting transportation by sea or overland as contrasted with by air.
"surface mail"
verb
verb: surface; 3rd person present: surfaces; past tense: surfaced; past participle: surfaced; gerund or present participle: surfacing
rise or come up to the surface of the water or the ground.
"he surfaced from his dive"
synonyms:
come to the surface, come up, rise
"a submarine surfaced"
antonyms:
dive
come to people's attention; become apparent.
"the quarrel first surfaced two years ago"
synonyms:
emerge, arise, appear, come to light, crop up, materialize, spring up
"the idea first surfaced in the sixties"
informal
(of a person) appear after having been asleep.
"it was almost noon before Anthony surfaced"
synonyms:
get up, get out of bed, rise, wake, awaken, appear
"she eventually surfaces for breakfast"
provide (something, especially a road) with a particular upper or outer layer.
"a small path surfaced with terra-cotta tiles"

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Well, your definition of surface and mine differ. How do you explain transverse waves on a gas body when a gas only propagates longitudinal ones? Oh! I don't recall any photos of transverse waves on the earth's atmosphere taken or observed from the space station - where are they? Mimsey

sur·face
/ˈsərfəs/
noun
noun: surface; plural noun: surfaces
the outside part or uppermost layer of something (often used when describing its texture, form, or extent).
"the earth's surface"
synonyms:
outside, exterior; More
top, side;
finish, veneer
"the surface of the door"
antonyms:
inside, interior
the level top of something.
"roll out the dough on a floured surface"
synonyms:
counter, table
"a floured surface"
the area of such an outer part or uppermost layer.
noun: surface area; plural noun: surface areas
"the surface area of a cube"
the upper limit of a body of liquid.
"fish floating on the surface of the water"
what is apparent on a casual view or consideration of someone or something, especially as distinct from feelings or qualities that are not immediately obvious.
"Tom was a womanizer, but on the surface he remained respectable"
synonyms:
outward appearance, facade More
"the surface of police culture"
at first glance, to the casual eye, outwardly, to all appearances, apparently, ostensibly, superficially, externally
"it sounded plausible enough on the surface"
Geometry
a continuous set of points that has length and breadth but no thickness.
adjective
adjective: surface
relating to or occurring on the upper or outer part of something.
"surface workers at the copper mines"
synonyms:
superficial, external, exterior, outward, ostensible, apparent, cosmetic, skin deep
"surface appearances"
antonyms:
underlying
denoting ships that travel on the surface of the water as distinct from submarines.
"the surface fleet"
carried by or denoting transportation by sea or overland as contrasted with by air.
"surface mail"
verb
verb: surface; 3rd person present: surfaces; past tense: surfaced; past participle: surfaced; gerund or present participle: surfacing
rise or come up to the surface of the water or the ground.
"he surfaced from his dive"
synonyms:
come to the surface, come up, rise
"a submarine surfaced"
antonyms:
dive
come to people's attention; become apparent.
"the quarrel first surfaced two years ago"
synonyms:
emerge, arise, appear, come to light, crop up, materialize, spring up
"the idea first surfaced in the sixties"
informal
(of a person) appear after having been asleep.
"it was almost noon before Anthony surfaced"
synonyms:
get up, get out of bed, rise, wake, awaken, appear
"she eventually surfaces for breakfast"
provide (something, especially a road) with a particular upper or outer layer.
"a small path surfaced with terra-cotta tiles"
I think it's only liquids that allow transverse waves to propagate on their surface. I doubt that transverse waves would propagate on, for example, the surface of a table.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

More here.

You live in Florida don't you? Or perhaps it's California. Either way it's pretty warm where you're at which is especially remarkable since according to the latest mindfuck you're trying to sell us, the sun's temperature is −423.17° F.

No, the moon is clearly not green. It's more likely to be made of cheese CAKE.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
What does this have to do with Scientology, or other beliefs? If this hypotheses / theory is accepted widely, it will throw astronomy a punch to the gut - a liquid is incompressible - so the concept of black holes is shown to be false. All of the star types will have to be reworked. The mass of the galaxies re-evaluated. All the solar and star phenomena explained by thermonuclear fission etc. goes to the trash heap of science. On and on.

I doubt that a liquid is incompressible - it's only RELATIVELY incompressible (relative to a gas). If you compress gas enough, you get a liquid. Presumably if you compress a liquid with enough pressure, you will get a solid. But at super-high temperatures, that might all change. The physics you can play with on earth is likely to be very different from the physics of a star, given the higher levels of gravity and temperature. It could be that the sun is a gas that shows properties that are not like those of the gases we experience on earth, because of the extreme conditions.

I doubt that a liquid is incompressible - it's only RELATIVELY incompressible (relative to a gas). If you compress gas enough, you get a liquid. Presumably if you compress a liquid with enough pressure, you will get a solid. But at super-high temperatures, that might all change. The physics you can play with on earth is likely to be very different from the physics of a star, given the higher levels of gravity and temperature. It could be that the sun is a gas that shows properties that are not like those of the gases we experience on earth, because of the extreme conditions.
They did succeed in making Hydrogen metal - perhaps it's a ball of Hydrogen metal with a liquid Hydrogen surface. I would presume the surface has constant sublimation of the liquid into gas. Perhaps it's the main constituent of the corona? I know the corona is plasma. It does nonetheless, if it has transverse, exhibit the properties of a liquid, yes?

Hydrogen metal has a very similar hexagonal lattice structure to graphite BTW.

Mimsey

The solar wind is a continuous outward stream of particles (mostly protons and electrons) from the sun's hot corona. Energized by high temperatures in the corona, these particles leave the sun at speeds ranging from 200 to 500 miles per second (300 to 800 kilometers per second). https://www.exploratorium.edu/spaceweather/wind.html

Coronal Mass Ejections
A coronal mass ejection, or CME, for short, is an ejection of large amounts of matter from the sun’s atmosphere, or corona. One of the most spectacular displays of solar activity, CMEs can fling into space billions of tons of solar material, called plasma, as well as embedded magnetic fields. The ejected material hurdles into space at speeds up to several million miles per hour, creating an interplanetary shock wave.
CMEs are thought to arise from large-scale magnetic instabilities. The solar atmosphere is contained by magnetic fields that can suddenly rearrange, releasing an enormous bubble of matter—a coronal mass ejection. CMEs are sometimes (but not always) associated with solar flares.
https://www.exploratorium.edu/spaceweather/cme.html

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
They did succeed in making Hydrogen metal - perhaps it's a ball of Hydrogen metal with a liquid Hydrogen surface. I would presume the surface has constant sublimation of the liquid into gas. Perhaps it's the main constituent of the corona? I know the corona is plasma. It does nonetheless, if it has transverse, exhibit the properties of a liquid, yes?

Hydrogen metal has a very similar hexagonal lattice structure to graphite BTW.

Mimsey

The solar wind is a continuous outward stream of particles (mostly protons and electrons) from the sun's hot corona. Energized by high temperatures in the corona, these particles leave the sun at speeds ranging from 200 to 500 miles per second (300 to 800 kilometers per second). https://www.exploratorium.edu/spaceweather/wind.html

Coronal Mass Ejections
A coronal mass ejection, or CME, for short, is an ejection of large amounts of matter from the sun’s atmosphere, or corona. One of the most spectacular displays of solar activity, CMEs can fling into space billions of tons of solar material, called plasma, as well as embedded magnetic fields. The ejected material hurdles into space at speeds up to several million miles per hour, creating an interplanetary shock wave.
CMEs are thought to arise from large-scale magnetic instabilities. The solar atmosphere is contained by magnetic fields that can suddenly rearrange, releasing an enormous bubble of matter—a coronal mass ejection. CMEs are sometimes (but not always) associated with solar flares.
https://www.exploratorium.edu/spaceweather/cme.html
Hydrogen metal, huh? That's interesting. Yes, I would agree that transverse waves suggest liquid. Or at least, a gas with very 'strange' properties (i.e., liquid-like properties). Maybe you're right about it being a solid-hydrogen core with liquid and then a gas corona.

Gib

Crusader
Hydrogen metal, huh? That's interesting. Yes, I would agree that transverse waves suggest liquid. Or at least, a gas with very 'strange' properties (i.e., liquid-like properties). Maybe you're right about it being a solid-hydrogen core with liquid and then a gas corona.
I like liquid metal, with a program, because it's great entertainment for the sublime. Gotta luv these sublime movies which have made millions of dollars just like Hubbard's sublime of clear and OT, LOL. All make believe and sublime.

guanoloco

As-Wased
There's 4 States of matter.

Solids
Liquids
Gases
...and...
Plasma

Plasma is abundant everywhere except...dare I say it? On this planet.

The sun is plasma and, w/o knowing anything about it...pressure, gravity, plasma...I'm pretty certain this latest "mystery" is a mundane answer solved because the comparison of the Sun being a gas giant isn't apples to apples...wrong comparison.

This is why HH says to study and research before posting on a tangent.

Plasma is not a gas, liquid, or solid - it is the fourth state of matter. Plasma often behaves like a gas, except that it conducts electricity and is affected by magnetic fields. On an astronomical scale, plasma is common. The Sun is composed of plasma, fire is plasma, fluorescent and neon lights contain plasma.

"99.9 percent of the Universe is made up of plasma," says Dr. Dennis Gallagher, a plasma physicist at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. "Very little material in space is made of rock like the Earth."

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/1999/ast07sep99_1
IDK the properties of plasma. Why doesn't Mimsey study this in depth and to a full conceptual understanding before posting anymore canards or woo and then we'll all learn something from his post for once.

Study plasma as it would be and its properties under extreme gravition of the Sun, etc. For instance, solar flares are torn pieces of magnetic field twisted to extremes by the Sun's coriolis effect so we're talking about extreme non Earthly conditions.

Yes, Mimsey, the Sun is most definitely not a gas ball. Been common knowledge for a while. Big revelation...not.

Last edited: