What's new

This cult has always been a trap, not just lately

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I have gathered from reading recent threads here that some people think that what is wrong with the cult is the current management, and that this is the reason why they have left.

Ask some of the old timers around here like me, who were out before Hubbard even died, and most of us will tell you that it has always been an evil mind control cult with the hidden purpose of enriching the person at the top.

Any of the benefits people get from it are 1) entirely an effect of your own belief in it. In other words 'as a man thinks, so he is' to quote a legitimate source. And 2) completely attainable elsewhere without being sucked dry of your money, time, and energy in the process, and without you having your opinions twisted to conform to one mans evil construction.

I knew plenty of people who were way up the bridge long before any of the changes made after Laffy cacked, and they were all no more sane than most people I've met, and most of them were much less so by any rational standard. The bridge never has, and never will produce anything even close to the standard definitions of clear or OT. It's real product is people who think they are somehow better than non-cult members, but in fact are crippled mentally in many ways, but with hugely distorted egos.

Read some of the accounts of people who knew and worked with Hubbard. Remember it was he that was behind 'operation snow white' 'operation freakout' and the absolute rape and pillage of the mission network near the end of his life. He is the one who both wrote the 'fair game' policy, and established it as being unwritten but still followed after he was forced to 'cancel' it.

He was the one who lied about practically every aspect of his life, brutalized everyone close to him, including his own family, slave drove all who were gullible enough to serve him, and according to his own namesake son, had nothing but contempt for his dupes!

Wake up! He was using people to live like a potentate. He had an inhuman lust for power, and wanted his own country. He was an enormous villain out of one of his own science fiction books!

You just need to look. Look how he lived while those involved with the cult mostly slaved away in poverty. Slappy isn't doing anything worse that what Laffy did. In fact, less so because he doesn't have the genius that his mentor did.

Many may not believe me, but I know what Hubbard was. He was a genuine initiate of the occult who achieved the 'great work' of 'knowledge and conversation of the holy guardian angel'. What this means is he was influenced closely by non-human intelligences, and this is the real 'source' of your precious 'technology'.

I should warn you that if you ever get a 'holy guardian angel' with any of these processes, it won't really be your friend and will have yours and everyone else's worst interests at heart, as did Hubbards 'clusters' that he died screaming about.

Last edited:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree. DM is still only a dupe. Unfortunately he has the funds to carry out the insanity that he was born into and trained in. Ron was the unltimate R/Ser and DM his closest accolyte.

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
Love the post and good to hear it from somebody who was on the scene when Ron was around.
I agree the con has been running since the beginning but the difference was in the beginning it was easy to contain the data, contain upsets, abuses or bad PR as news did not travel the world freely. Today the internet has connected us all and opened the door that LRH and DM have worked so hard to keep closed and the truth is pouring out.The con is being exposed.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I agree. DM is still only a dupe. Unfortunately he has the funds to carry out the insanity that he was born into and trained in. Ron was the unltimate R/Ser and DM his closest accolyte.

There is even a story of a C.S. who was going over Hubb's folders labeling some of his 'questionable reads' as rock slams in Bents book, GW. This means 'evil intentions' for those uninitiated with the cult reading this.

And Slappy may not be the best, but might very well be the most ruthless of Laffy's chelas. In ruthlessness he was very close.

There is even a story of a C.S. who was going over Hubb's folders labeling some of his 'questionable reads' as rock slams in Bents book, GW. This means 'evil intentions' for those uninitiated with the cult reading this.

And Slappy may not be the best, but might very well be the most ruthless of Laffy's chelas. In ruthlessness he was very close.

And this is why we have to use outside authority to get ethics in on current management of Corporate Scientology, worldwide. They are seemingly incapable of doing it themselves, for whatever reasons.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Love the post and good to hear it from somebody who was on the scene when Ron was around.
I agree the con has been running since the beginning but the difference was in the beginning it was easy to contain the data, contain upsets, abuses or bad PR as news did not travel the world freely. Today the internet has connected us all and opened the door that LRH and DM have worked so hard to keep closed and the truth is pouring out.The con is being exposed.

You bet.

I read someplace that Laffy was all excited about the internet when he heard of it's neophyte incarnation shortly before he died. I don't think he had time to plan a counter to the most efficient communication tool ever invented, even though he positioned himself as being all for communication.

The real downfall of the cult seems to have really began when some idiot clam decided to 'handle' the internet, hehe.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
And this is why we have to use outside authority to get ethics in on current management of Corporate Scientology, worldwide. They are seemingly incapable of doing it themselves, for whatever reasons.

You know, honey, there is probably a much bigger picture. This cult is really just an ongoing tabloid story on the world stage. This 'Church' is probably so infiltrated by intelligence agencies that no one but the Devil knows who's really running things.

Yes, Mackie, I'm sure you are right, it's gone on too long and involves too much money not to be infliltrated, investigated, etc. But I want the overt abuse to stop, fast... it's offensive to me personally. I want the RPF dissolved and everyone free to contact whomever they wish, communicate in any way they see fit, and read and write whatever they damn well please. It's a matter of defending our human rights and liberty.

"If not us, who, if not now, when?"

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Yes, Mackie, I'm sure you are right, it's gone on too long and involves too much money not to be infliltrated, investigated, etc. But I want the overt abuse to stop, fast... it's offensive to me personally. I want the RPF dissolved and everyone free to contact whomever they wish, communicate in any way they see fit, and read and write whatever they damn well please. It's a matter of defending our human rights and liberty.

"If not us, who, if not now, when?"

Problem is, our governments are gearing up to make the Sea Org look like low level Jehovah's witnesses.

People Power!

Thank you! Although luck has nothing to do with it... It's intention, backed up by knowledge, ability, contacts and networking! :)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Thank you! Although luck has nothing to do with it... It's intention, backed up by knowledge, ability, contacts and networking! :)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead.

Marg, you go girl

Thanks, OP.

One of the hardest things for me to do, while reading some posts here (and elsewhere), has been to bite my lower lip and be gentle when I read the "DM messed up Scientology" threads.

DM isn't the cause.

DM is a symptom of the institutionalized madness of Scientology. He's a product of it. He's the inevitable VFP of Hubbard's tyrannical, fascist, and paranoid policies.

I have no doubt there are some useful lessons to be learned in the lower levels of Scientology. Use a dictionary. Learn to communicate. Yadda. Alas, these generically useful bits are mixed in with some seriously dangerous shit. What's true for you... the greatest good... and any other number of logical fallacies that effectively wrecks your capacity for critical thought.

*sigh*

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Thanks, OP.

One of the hardest things for me to do, while reading some posts here (and elsewhere), has been to bite my lower lip and be gentle when I read the "DM messed up Scientology" threads.

DM isn't the cause.

DM is a symptom of the institutionalized madness of Scientology. He's a product of it. He's the inevitable VFP of Hubbard's tyrannical, fascist, and paranoid policies.

I have no doubt there are some useful lessons to be learned in the lower levels of Scientology. Use a dictionary. Learn to communicate. Yadda. Alas, these generically useful bits are mixed in with some seriously dangerous shit. What's true for you... the greatest good... and any other number of logical fallacies that effectively wrecks your capacity for critical thought.

*sigh*

That was very well written, man. I would read more.

G

Gottabrain

Great post, Rmack.

Even when Andre Tabayoyan was still loyal to LRH and his personal bodyguard, he didn't have any nice stories about him. Nobody did.