What's new

Time to say goodbye

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I think that will probably be me. I like to have the last word :)

You expect correctly. It will be more like a calendar reminder and an alarm set on my Fitbit.

My request is that you do that announcement as a new final thread (freeze will mean no post responses).

Veda

Sponsor

Thank you Emma for creating something both unique and essential. You have helped more people than you will ever know.

You suffered terribly after having been falsely accused and - after being forced to wait for months by sadistic OSA and their cohorts the police - were fully exonerated.

No words can adequately express appreciation for what you have accomplished.

What you have done is truly historic.

There was an idea, way back when, that the old (entirely "critical") newsgroup, a.r.s. (alt.religion.scientology) could be joined with the (mostly "squirrel") "tech" oriented a.c.t. (alt.clearing.technology), and this combination of seemingly irreconcilable opposites - defying the laws of human nature and perhaps the laws of physics - would allow for a place where a complete description of Scientology would be possible.

That would mean that the "good" of Scientology (mainly used as deceptive lead-in disguise) could be described and discussed, as well as that which is lurking behind the "good."

This would allow for a complete description of the multi-layered goodness-disguised mind-trap of Scientology, and that's something Scientology most definitely does not want.

ESMB finally made that possible.... but not easy. :melodramatic:

And it was made possible by Emma.

All happiness to you.

Oh man - the ISB - great post! Here's yet another about a ballsy caterpillar that created ESMB and now is going to fly free.
Mimsey

Michelle_Ryan-e1568025657275.jpg

Glenda

Crusader
Well, here I am in my older years confusing one name, one person, with another.

I'm so embarrassed.

JustShiela is who wrote "A Nanny's Story"--one of the most heartrending SO Stories on this Board--which led to unexpectedly cathartic Dialogues for me re: the Cadet Orgs and Nurseries.

Glenda is the brilliant Kiwi writer whose prose, perspective and perseverance laid bare the personal internal struggle so many of Us have been through.

My apologies to you, Sheila and Glenda...It is a true honour to have crossed paths with both of you.

Please forgive my error.
From My Heart, Thank You, Glenda...:rose: Thank You Sheila... :rose:

Face :modest:
Zero need to be embarrassed Face. I didn't actually notice because I was trying not to cry. It so good to see your words on my computer screen.

The way I am seeing this is so many of us changed lives, in small ways, in sometimes uncomfortable ways, in big ways, in gentle ways, and sometimes like a wet-fish-over-the head ways. There were posters that made me weep. When I needed to weep. There were posters that made me laugh. When I needed to laugh. There were posters that challenged me to my outer most limits (and then some), when I needed challenging. When I really needed someone to care, there were posters that said "are you okay? Hang in there."

Many many years ago a young man and I were in love. He went to Asia and fell in love with another person over there. He came back to NZ for a visit and he said to me "You taught me how to love and then I went out in the world and practiced." I have never forgotten him or what he said. Sometimes we gift stuff to each other, then go out in the world and practice it.

The ESMB experience was very much like that for me. I learned so much about so many things. ESMB helped keep me alive when I wanted to die. No sad song playing, it is just how it was. I write this from a place of peace and gratitude. I am out here in the beautiful imperfect everyday world, practicing with everything that was gifted to me on ESMB.

I see no reason to forgive you for your error Face. The gifts you gave me, and so many others, are part of the person I transformed into. I carry you in my heart. For real. Thank you good SIr. :rose:

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Posting in an epic thread here for posterity.

Thanks Emma for your sacrifices, sweat, tears, laughter, insight, grit and moxie.

I hope to see many of you on the flipside at another forum! I will miss so many but especially Hoaxie, JustSheila, Pooks, Helena, Love2Lurk, and even theSneakster (thanks for being a gentleman when I did not deserve it). As I wrote on The Underground Bunker this morning, and I'll repeat as a blessing to everyone here:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

May healing and peace find you all.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
@afaceinthecrowd

Dear Face,

Glad to say goodbye to you, and wishing you too the very best.

You have been the one who hooked me on ESMB
As "shooting the stars" was so captivating and enlightening. This is a piece of gem that will remain in the records and available to the thousands of readers to come. Great sharing of yours!

Much thanks
Lotus
;)
Dear Lotus,

Over the years I've always looked forward to your "Take" and how you expressed it. English as a 2nd language has served you well on ESMB because you're of such good and open heart...and very clever. :cool:

I wrote Shooting Stars for Folks like you...It means all the World to me that you found it readable and helpful. When I was just a Lurker on ESMB I read so much that was of true value and help to me that I tried, as best I could, to contribute something of value to others reading this Board that I never, nor would, ever personally know or Dialogue with.

"You have been the one who hooked me on ESMB" is a Testament and Affirmation for those that "hooked" me here during my Lurker days...Dart Smohen & Alan Walter, Scooter. Sallydance, Denise Brennen, Mick Wenlock, Ted, Carmelo Orchards, RogerB, ILove2Lurk, Lakey and so many others.

My Very Best Wishes To You, Lotus.

Face:arose:

PS: Lotus, some years ago you coined the phrase, "Face's Babes"...Remember? Well, I must confess as a 70+ years old man, I found that quite flattering...there's something special about you French women. :redface:

Bon Jour Mon Coeur...

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
For you, Emma...IMO, As fine a woman as has ever drawn breath. :heartflower:

You don't know how happy I am to see you. I hated the thought that I'd never see one more post from you.

That is a lovely song with beautiful Aussie scenery. Thank you, I hadn't seen that before.
My request is that you do that announcement as a new final thread (freeze will mean no post responses).
I think that's a given :)

Thank you Emma for creating something both unique and essential. You have helped more people than you will ever know.

You suffered terribly after having been falsely accused and - after being forced to wait for months by sadistic OSA and their cohorts the police - were fully exonerated.

No words can adequately express appreciation for what you have accomplished.

What you have done is truly historic.

There was an idea, way back when, that the old (entirely "critical") newsgroup, a.r.s. (alt.religion.scientology) could be joined with the (mostly "squirrel") "tech" oriented a.c.t. (alt.clearing.technology), and this combination of seemingly irreconcilable opposites - defying the laws of human nature and perhaps the laws of physics - would allow for a place where a complete description of Scientology would be possible.

That would mean that the "good" of Scientology (mainly used as deceptive lead-in disguise) could be described and discussed, as well as that which is lurking behind the "good."

This would allow for a complete description of the multi-layered goodness-disguised mind-trap of Scientology, and that's something Scientology most definitely does not want.

ESMB finally made that possible.... but not easy. :melodramatic:

And it was made possible by Emma.

All happiness to you.

Thank you Veda. I know how much this place means to you.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Can I just say that I'm so happy that this thread (and others) are heading more towards a celebration of life, than a funeral.
I love the board. I love that you have had us here for twelve god damn years. I think most peeps feel that way.

Disrespectful lot that we are, we're simply refusing to mope and have a cry over it. :bleh:

God damn it, I'm gonna sorely miss my absolutely favourite emotes of all time.

:bleh: :tobed:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
FACE!!!! So happy to see you! There's not much time to talk left, I hope you stick around. You were such an inspiration to me and I hope all is wonderful in your world.:foryou:
FTS!!!! Wow! So good to see you, too!:cheers2: No, not much time left to talk. I'll stick around best I can. As has been my wont in the past on ESMB, I'm gonna have my say.

I'm kinda more than stunned by all the warm and heartfelt greetings from you and others I've received today.

I honestly just don't know quite what to say...All that I have written on this Board is because I had something I'd needed to say for a long time and, because of so, so many Folks here--like you--I was finally (spinning, whining, fumbling all the way) able to say it.

All is wonderful in my world...got grandkids here and on the way, my children are thriving and have grown up to be people I like to be with, learn from and they kinda like me as well and are very thoughtful and kind to me. Every now and then I think, "Damn, what if I'd stayed in the SO and let them be raised as "Children of the Corn"...I woulda lost my Soul...Truly.

I wish you well, FTS...always loved your "Stuff" on this Board.

This Board, that has been accorded to thee and me by the Guts, Guile and and Gumption of Emma.

Face:)

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
FTS!!!! Wow! So good to see you, too!:cheers2: No, not much time left to talk. I'll stick around best I can. As has been my wont in the past on ESMB, I'm gonna have my say.

I'm kinda more than stunned by all the warm and heartfelt greetings from you and others I've received today.

I honestly just don't know quite what to say...All that I have written on this Board is because I had something I'd needed to say for a long time and, because of so, so many Folks here--like you--I was finally (spinning, whining, fumbling all the way) able to say it.

All is wonderful in my world...got grandkids here and on the way, my children are thriving and have grown up to be people I like to be with, learn from and they kinda like me as well and are very thoughtful and kind to me. Every now and then I think, "Damn, what if I'd stayed in the SO and let them be raised as "Children of the Corn"...I woulda lost my Sole...Truly.

This Board, that has been accorded to thee and me by the Guts, Guile and and Gumption of Emma.

Hey, Face.

Great to see you back. :blowkiss:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Face! Of all the people I was hoping would show up before the board closes it's you. Darn fine seeing you again. I've always thought of you with the utmost respect enjoying your kind candor and sense of humor. Thanks for your contributions all these many years and your excellent company gracing the board.

Have a great life, it's been a pleasure knowing you here.

:cheers:
Darn fine seeing you again, Free! Well Free, I guess we've kind of enjoyed each other...You can say in 25 words or less what I need 250 words or more to say. You've always been someone I paid attention to when commenting on a Post...Sorry if I never said that before...Always liked your straightforward "Stuff" and I'm truly humbled by your kind words.

Honestly Free, whatever candor, humor or excellent company I' may have shown on this Board is merely a reflection of the candor, humor and excellent company shown to me by you and so many other members.

Free, the pleasure has been mine.:cheers2:

My Very Best Wishes,

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yes, since the final thread will forever stay at the top of the "recent posts" listing, it would be a good place to put an introduction to ESMB, Emma's summary, and perhaps an index list to some threads of note (and perhaps put some more on the "Featured Threads" list.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Yes, since the final thread will forever stay at the top of the "recent posts" listing, it would be a good place to put an introduction to ESMB, Emma's summary, and perhaps an index list to some threads of note (and perhaps put some more on the "Featured Threads" list.
I’m going to do a lot of housekeeping after it closes, move threads into correct places, add more the featured threads etc

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emma, it was an act of supreme courage and imagination on your part to set up a board for ex-Scientologists and (despite the occasional protests) to allow them to say more or less what they liked, about the Church of Scientology, the Tech and anything else they wanted to talk about. If you hadn't done it, I don't think anyone else would have.

Thanks for the last 12 years of a site which was always informative, often entertaining, sometimes harrowing and never dull and which was for many people the only place where they could decompress and throw off the shackles of the CofS's groupthink and indoctrination, in the company of other people making the same journey. I think the value of the service you have performed for the ex-scientological community is incalculable.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

All is wonderful in my world...got grandkids here and on the way, my children are thriving and have grown up to be people I like to be with, learn from and they kinda like me as well and are very thoughtful and kind to me. Every now and then I think, "Damn, what if I'd stayed in the SO and let them be raised as "Children of the Corn"...I woulda lost my Soul...Truly.

Ahhh... The way you write is always so humble, yet full of wisdom learned the hard way. You helped me so much, and I am sure many others you will never know about. That is the beauty of the internet and what ESMB has achieved these years. I also have new grand babies and what a joy they are. We did something right despite our pasts hey? And I watch the brave 2nd/3rd generations speaking out now and it does my heart good. They will carry the baton, they are doing it now and it will snowball. One day no more children will be hurt by scientology.

So enjoy the peace and love, you deserve it. xx

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
This was a big factor in my decision to finally get out -- my realization that recruiters would be nosing after my kids soon, and that they would exert extreme pressure on me to not say anything negative about Sea Org life, or try to stop them from joining.

It was the cognitive dissonance caused by this (if Scn is so great, why NOT hand my kids over to them?) which finally woke me up.