What's new

Tonight on ‘Leah Remini’: Scientology’s front groups, including Narconon, get a special look

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Tonight on ‘Leah Remini’: Scientology’s front groups, including Narconon, get a special look

[Quailynn McDaniel]

Hey, it’s Sunday, not Tuesday. Why is there a new episode of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath running tonight at 8 pm, and why is it running several days after the series finale?

These are questions only A&E can answer. For two seasons now, the network has seemingly done everything it can [...]

[Quailynn[.......]

Continue reading...

The wife, Ms. Mimsey has a question: On the last Leah and Mike show, they were discussing how more Scientologists are watching the show, and jumping ship. How do they end up watching the show in the first place? It's not like they are looking for such entheta. In fact they are told quite the opposite - to self police, and ultimately, they know the penalties: the sitting down opposite the MAA or EO, doing the embarrassing and possibly costly doubt or liability formulas (dono's), the cost of sec checks (time and money wise), the risk of a declare, and disconnection. They are willing to put a lot on the line to pick up that remote.

How did they get to that point? It is a huge gap between hearing about it and then going to find and watch it.

Mimsey

Lone Star

Crusader
The wife, Ms. Mimsey has a question: On the last Leah and Mike show, they were discussing how more Scientologists are watching the show, and jumping ship. How do they end up watching the show in the first place? It's not like they are looking for such entheta. In fact they are told quite the opposite - to self police, and ultimately, they know the penalties: the sitting down opposite the MAA or EO, doing the embarrassing and possibly costly doubt or liability formulas (dono's), the cost of sec checks (time and money wise), the risk of a declare, and disconnection. They are willing to put a lot on the line to pick up that remote.

How did they get to that point? It is a huge gap between hearing about it and then going to find and watch it.

Mimsey
My guess is that these are still-ins who are already unhappy and pretty much primed and ready to blow, but just need some more validation to commit to making such a life altering move. When they see Leah's show it gives them plenty of validation of course.

The ones who are still-in, dedicated and fully on board will NOT even entertain the idea of watching this show. The handful of the still-ins I know are of the latter category. There is no way they will even look at a promo for the show, much less watch it.

Yeah - same here - I have a scio friend that is still on course, raising money for auditing, wife on OT levels - a real true believer. For me to tell him I am no longer a scio would kill our relationship dead. He has no clue I have stepped off the bridge.

I'll show the wife your response. Thanks. It is kinda what she thought, but it is still a big step to do that.

Mimsey

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
2385.jpeg It was a pleasure for me to do the show with Leah, Mike, Tony and Quailynn.

After the show we went out to dinner with a surprise guest - Russell Miller!

Hopefully, the show will add some clarity to how Scientology Front Groups work.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
You were excellent in explaining TWTH. Thanks so much.
The discussion added “Hubble telescope-like” clarity to to a subject that Scientology assiduously tries to obfuscate.
You were all GREAT!