What's new

Totally out for a couple weeks

Steven

My name is Chris, and I was a Scientologist
Hi everyone!

I was involved with Scientology for about a year. I was out mentally about a month a go, but finally stopped making excuses to the Org a couple weeks ago. I haven’t publicly left or even told them I’m never coming back, but did tell them I’m “taking a break.” There are strategic reasons I haven’t formally broken up with Scn. I’m a bit paranoid now and don’t want to give my endgame away in case they have moles here. It’s crazy that I have to think this way!!! That says a lot about the organization.

Right now I’m sitting at home with the blinds shut. They came to my house without warning yesterday and also earlier in the week. I’m a bit stressed about it. Can anyone identify with what I’m going through?

Edit: Just noticed my FB profile pic was used here! Glad I caught that right away! I wouldn’t put anything past them.

Steven

Hi Steven!

:welcome2:
Thanks! I have a good network of friends and family, but I don’t think they have a clue about what it’s like to get out of a group like this. Hope to find a community of people who can understand what I’m going through here.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Thanks! I have a good network of friends and family, but I don’t think they have a clue about what it’s like to get out of a group like this. Hope to find a community of people who can understand what I’m going through here.
True that it's difficult for those never involved with Scientology or some other cult to understand our experiences. That's one of the things I love about this place; there's people who DO understand.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi everyone!

I was involved with Scientology for about a year. I was out mentally about a month a go, but finally stopped making excuses to the Org a couple weeks ago. I haven’t publicly left or even told them I’m never coming back, but did tell them I’m “taking a break.” There are strategic reasons I haven’t formally broken up with Scn. I’m a bit paranoid now and don’t want to give my endgame away in case they have moles here. It’s crazy that I have to think this way!!! That says a lot about the organization.

Right now I’m sitting at home with the blinds shut. They came to my house without warning yesterday and also earlier in the week. I’m a bit stressed about it. Can anyone identify with what I’m going through?

Edit: Just noticed my FB profile pic was used here! Glad I caught that right away! I wouldn’t put anything past them.
Read Scientologists: How to Stay Under the Radar. You might find some useful suggestions there for calling off the dogs. Also, keep in mind that you no longer have to follow their rules. You don't have to EVER tell them ANYTHING.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I’m a bit paranoid now and don’t want to give my endgame away in case they have moles here. It’s crazy that I have to think this way!!! That says a lot about the organization.
It's not paranoia. We know for a fact that OSA monitors this board for anything which could identify disaffected Scientologists.

When you decide to make an open break, if they send people to your house again, just tell them "Get off my property, I'm calling the police and reporting harassment".

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome Steven. I understand your fear. I felt much better when I moved out of Clearwater ..... away from Flag to a town where there is no Scientology. No org, no mission, no field auditors, no Scientologists. Then they kept calling me to buy books. When I finally told the last person who called me to sell me something (which was several years ago) that David Miscavige was an SP, I never heard from them again.

There are no Clears or OTs.....it's all just a con game to give you hope to achieve those things.....they just want your money. Scientology has never made any Clears or OTs. They don't exist.

They will try to suck you back in so that they can continue to make money off of you for your next step and your next step and your next step up the Bridge to Nowhere or try to use you on staff to help them make money.

Here's a link for you......

https://www.youtube.com/user/ToryMagoo44

Good luck.

Steven

Welcome Steven. I understand your fear. I felt much better when I moved out of Clearwater ..... away from Flag to a town where there is no Scientology. No org, no mission, no field auditors, no Scientologists. Then they kept calling me to buy books. When I finally told the last person who called me to sell me something (which was several years ago) that David Miscavige was an SP, I never heard from them again.

There are no Clears or OTs.....it's all just a con game to give you hope to achieve those things.....they just want your money. Scientology has never made any Clears or OTs. They don't exist.

They will try to suck you back in so that they can continue to make money off of you for your next step and your next step and your next step up the Bridge to Nowhere or try to use you on staff to help them make money.

Here's a link for you......

https://www.youtube.com/user/ToryMagoo44

Good luck.
Thanks! I’ve spent hours watching anti-Scientology videos and reading over the past couple weeks. While in, I couldn’t see a difference between clears and others except, perhaps, that they seemed worn and unhappy compared to those lower on the bridge. I couldn’t help theorizing, and concluded that they realized being clear wasn’t the enlightened state they’d expected. Hell, all the OT VIIs I met were melancholy or a nervous mess.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
You got it!! That’s so spot on! That’s basically what one of them texted me from outside my house. “We’re not stalking you. We just love you and want to help.” Gag me with an fing spoon.

Edit: I was referring to the text of the image.
LOL, that line reminds me of a scene from the movie Mars Attacks, when the Martian says: "Don't run. We are your friends". :D

Last edited:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
You got it!! That’s so spot on! That’s basically what one of them texted me from outside my house. “We’re not stalking you. We just love you and want to help.” Gag me with an fing spoon.

Edit: I was referring to the text of the image.

You feel violated. I know. The good news is there are certain things you can do to make sure they never bother you again. It is possible to get them to leave you alone.

You may not want to go nuclear right at first, you could, but if not read on, lots of info and personal examples/stories here on ESMB.

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I left scn in 1981. After not contacting me for many years, they started calling me when "The Basics" came out, whenever that was -- 2006, 2007? I hadn't talked to an active scngst in 25 years, so I found it kind of interesting at first, and I made the mistake of talking to them as though they were rational, civilized human beings. I should have known better.

They kept calling and began flooding me with junk mail, although I made it clear that I had absolutely no intention of ever doing any more scn. I told them they were wasting their time, and asked them politely to leave me alone. But they kept calling.

Finally I was reduced to screaming at them and hanging up. That worked. The phone calls stopped and the junk mail stopped. I still get an occasional e-mail from Flag (where I've never been) but that's it. I asked Flag to take me off their mailing list and got back the response "Did you blow staff?" -- obviously intended to introvert me, but I can live with that. Those go straight to my junk mail folder.

You're doing the right thing by leaving. Hang in there.

Last edited:

exbritscino

Patron with Honors
Am I the only one on ANY message board/blog that doesn't get contacted by the co£? Ever!

I should elaborate that I was in the bubble for 4 1/2 years, did a lot of courses and auditing. and haven't moved to Mars. A $cientology mission is just down the road from me..........................

I'd love to be contacted. Persuading people to leave would make my day...............

Steven

Am I the only one on ANY message board/blog that doesn't get contacted by the co£? Ever!

I should elaborate that I was in the bubble for 4 1/2 years, did a lot of courses and auditing. and haven't moved to Mars. A $cientology mission is just down the road from me..........................

I'd love to be contacted. Persuading people to leave would make my day...............
My impression is that the bigger the org/mission, the and the closer you live, the more they’ll bug you. At least that’s what I hope!

On the other hand, texting and calling is easy and they’ve ghosted on me from what I can tell. My last text to them seems to have done the trick. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they give it a couple days and try again.

Steven

My impression is that the bigger the org/mission, the and the closer you live, the more they’ll bug you. At least that’s what I hope!

On the other hand, texting and calling is easy and they’ve ghosted on me from what I can tell. My last text to them seems to have done the trick. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they give it a couple days and try again.
And 10 seconds after I posted, I received a text. I was thinking, “damn... it’s Thursday at 2:45... enough time for lunch and then...” a text. It’s kind of entertaining when you can so easily predict their behavior.

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer
Hi everyone!

WELCOME! It is normal to be paranoid because Scientology runs a covert mental mind fuck in the back ground. They also have moles here. OSA Office of Special Affairs.

I look forward to helping you in any way I can.

What do you need and want?

Out Effix

Some "Hatting" to thwart off the nuisance of the clubbed seals who live a stat driven life.

Tell them you cannot use your phone for personal - it is only for work. Block the numbers.

Unfriend all Scientologists from FB and all other social media.

Lock down all forms of communication.

If they show up at the door - be friendly but in a "hurry' - gotta go....working....busy busy busy. Body route them out to their cars or bicycles...or to the sidewalk.

Take Control.

You can do it!!

Out Effix

And 10 seconds after I posted, I received a text. I was thinking, “damn... it’s Thursday at 2:45... enough time for lunch and then...” a text. It’s kind of entertaining when you can so easily predict their behavior.
It is called

THE STAT DRIVEN LIFE

Steven

I appreciate all of you for responding!

I have two financial "connections" with the Org that I haven't seen discussed in the many posts and Youtube videos I've watched over the past couple weeks. I don't want to go public with it until I get the situation figured out, but I'd like to get some advice. Is there anyone familiar with the financial side of Scientology who would be willing to PM me? If you're willing, I'd be eternally grateful for the help. For obvious reasons, I only want to communicate with someone who's obviously not a mole (e.g. long post history, making crude comments about the midget, and etc...). I believe there's a chance for criminal charges to be brought against some staff at the state (and potentially federal) level.