What's new

Wrathbunz Lies Again - Hi Ho

...But I cannot believe that Marty put it up, even tho he'd like his flock to believe the CoS and OSA is the source of all this and the hacking, I think he's full of baloney. I think he's afraid to say it was someone from WWP or else where, for PR reasons.
Just my take on things.
I agree with this.

FWIW there are quite a few things that make me think it was Anon. I could even hazard a pretty good guess as to who. But whatever.

The email address is real (in that it's a valid, deliverable addy). I'd be very surprised if the headers had been faked, but whether it was sent by Ms Brooks, who knows? The fact that she claims to have spoken with 'Mike' on the phone would suggest that it was real though.

Unless it's a 'Let a Hundred Flowers Bloom' op where the idea is for Marty to 'reconcile' with the muthah church and bring the (right) people home

Zinj

Which wouldn't happen. :p

Those who have left, or are in the process of doing so, have done so because they looked and agreed for themselves concerning the truth about the abuses of the church. These people are now busily reconnecting with friends outside and connecting with others among the community of ex's. They are re-establishing open lines of communication external to the Co$ which are not going to be given up again willingly.

Few freezoners accept MR at face value although many acknowledge his present efforts. Those who are no longer comfortable with the tech, are even less trusting. Whatever few scientologists might willingly "follow" MR, many more will continue to assert there own independence. That is not a "winning scenario" for the Co$. If MR's thing is an "op" then its a REALLY STUPID op and the single greatest "foot bullet" in church history. Frankly, I seriously doubt its an "op". :)

MR is not a significant threat to anyone but the Co$, whatever his actual intentions may ultimately prove to be. Nothing to fear there. :)

Mark A. Baker

Why?
(I may think the email itself is likely real, but, why you think it is due to this tidbit doesn't follow for me)

Zinj
Because it places the email as part of a potentially ongoing conversation. [I.e. there's a reasonable chance that Marty would discuss it with Mike...and I'd assume it wouldn't be hard for Mike Rinder to have deduced whether someone really was or wasn't Stacy Brooks, had they spoken over the phone.] Alternative explanations just leave too many chances for the knit to unravel.

Eldon

Patron
Wow, you nearly had me there, Eldon. Lise O'Kane's declaration of independence is no longer listed under her contributions to the site, but it is under the list of "Declarations": http://www.scientology-cult.com/declarations-of-independence.html

Ah, I see. They buried it, but didn't expunge it. But as it happens, the intro section with Marty's assurance that Ed McBride was 'soaring', and the comments that reference his suicide and the coroner's report, have been removed.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I agree with this.

FWIW there are quite a few things that make me think it was Anon. I could even hazard a pretty good guess as to who. But whatever.

The email address is real (in that it's a valid, deliverable addy). I'd be very surprised if the headers had been faked, but whether it was sent by Ms Brooks, who knows? The fact that she claims to have spoken with 'Mike' on the phone would suggest that it was real though.

Well, now you got me thinking. Perhaps it was 2 different scenarios and sources. The hacking and the email posting. Marty says on his blog that both were from CoS. I don't necessarily agree but I have no proof, just an idea. The email makes it look like Stacy is an agent of DM's because she's trying to get him off the attacking of DM. It sounds somewhat scripted.

Because it supposedly comes from Stacy Brooks, the choice of it being posted must have been intentional. Maybe to out her or start a feud. It certainly has the potential to do so. Maybe Marty posted it after all, as some at WWP think. But it could have been unrelated altogether.

Well, now you got me thinking. Perhaps it was 2 different scenarios and sources. The hacking and the email posting. Marty says on his blog that both were from CoS. I don't necessarily agree but I have no proof, just an idea. The email makes it look like Stacy is an agent of DM's because she's trying to get him off the attacking of DM. It sounds somewhat scripted.

Because it supposedly comes from Stacy Brooks, the choice of it being posted must have been intentional. Maybe to out her or start a feud. It certainly has the potential to do so. Maybe Marty posted it after all, as some at WWP think. But it could have been unrelated altogether.
Given that the email address is attached, if you know Stacy, then there's a simple way to resolve the 'real'/'not real' issue.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Ah, I see. They buried it, but didn't expunge it. But as it happens, the intro section with Marty's assurance that Ed McBride was 'soaring', and the comments that reference his suicide and the coroner's report, have been removed.

The entire article as it appears at http://www.scientology-cult.com/lise-okane-resigns-from-cos.html was quoted on Marty's blog, including the damning "soaring" quote. But who wrote it? It's not clear at all. I don't think Marty wrote it, although he certainly acted the part of editor in sticking it on his blog.

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Given that the email address is attached, if you know Stacy, then there's a simple way to resolve the 'real'/'not real' issue.

You see, I don't really care whether Stacy wrote it or not, although, if it turned out to be a fake, that might be interesting. But, real? Not too important. All it is is 100% compliance with Marty and a bunch of butt kissing. And, since Stacy isn't really a 'public' person now, the only person who would be interested in her 'support' for and 'friendship' with Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder would apparently be Marty, who has this thing about namedropping.

Oh, and of course, the small cadre of 'Bad Bobists' who are still trying to get juice out of 'See! We TOLD YOU SO! You should respect us! Because We Told You Bob Is Bad!' Mostly, they're not around all that much either, nowdays, for which I'm grateful. And, the 'Bob is Badists are Bad-ists' and 'Bob is Goodists' aren't that vocal now either, at least on that subject, and, the same gratefulness goes for that. Because, thank God, the Minton Wars are over. Aren't they? They sure were a waste of time back in the day.

Anyway, the only question for me is, why would somebody who 'hacked' Marty's blog/facebook/email publish just *this one* letter? And, in such an out of the way spot?

I mean, it's not particularly shocking. It's got nothing juicy to it. Embarrassing? Possibly it should be, but, for someone who actually feels the emotions and holds the opinions stated in the letter, it shouldn't be embarrassing at all.

So, why this one? The 'Church'? Can't see it. Even assuming that Marty and The 'Church' are on opposing sides (I don't) what would be gained by hacking his email and then posting *this* email, of all possible emails?

It just makes no sense. Anon? Why would they do that? Most of them don't even know who Stacy Brooks is, and, if they do, they don't care, or, at the very least, they're ignorant of the (un)importance of the Minton Wars of the early naughts.

So, if you're going to publish private emails to the former Scientology Top Thug from one of his former victims, smooching up to his butt and telling him how cool he is for not wanting to try to get David Miscavige arrested or the 'Church' prosecuted, well, why would you?

Is that *really* the juiciest tidbit Marty got sent to him? What? No death threats? No calls to commit crimes? No admissions of crimes, no confessions? No, well, *anything*?

No, just one ass kissing email from one also-fucked in the Scientology Fuck-A-Thon.

Anyway, why publish this nothing email at this nothing site? Who was expected to find it? What was the purpose? And, amazingly, it's never mentioned until after it's *expired* from the site, which expires all such things after 30 days.

At which point Marty, in announcing that his email was not only hacked but that *an* email was published, happens to mention it. (without saying where...)

So, this is odd. His email is 'hacked' (supposedly) and *one* email is 'published', but, not where anyone will find it usually, and, nobody seems to notice it until Marty mentions it. I mean, if you're going to 'hack' someone's email and actually go to the trouble to publish your gleanings, wouldn't you announce it? If you were the 'Church' you would. That's what they do. They would have sent some anonymous clam into ARS to say 'Oh! Look! Stacy Brooks Letter to Marty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!'

But, they didn't. And, if it was 'Anon' who 'hacked' Marty the Wrathbunz' site/facebook/email, it would have been announced on WWP or some such, although, for the life of me, I can't see why they'd bother publishing it at *all*.

So, back to the orgiinal question. Who 'benefits' from this? Any takers?

Oh, come to think of it, there *is* somebody who benefits! Why, it's Marty Rathbun *himself*, who got to show how persecuted he is; who got to remove embarrassing or even dangerous statements from his own blog, without just simply 'deleting' them. And who gets to show the world what a good friend his old victim Stacy Brooks now is and how she *agrees* with his calls for not trying to get Davey or the 'Church' prosecuted and, gee, if Stacy can love Marty and Mike, why can't you?

And, even better, Marty isn't *stoopid*, and he knows damn well that once he's mentioned the publishing of a 'stolen' email on the web, somebody will look for it, and, even if it's already expired at the out-of-the-way site which is apparently the only place it was published; why, it'll still be in Google *cache*!!!

Ooooh... How *clever*. And, best of all, it may even get the good Ole Minton Wars cranked up again; one of Marty's most successful actions of this decade.

Now, is somebody else has a suggestion for whom this whole charade has benefited *except* Marty Rathbun, please feel free to correct me.

Zinj

Daisy

Patron with Honors
You see, I don't really care whether Stacy wrote it or not, although, if it turned out to be a fake, that might be interesting. But, real? Not too important. All it is is 100% compliance with Marty and a bunch of butt kissing. And, since Stacy isn't really a 'public' person now, the only person who would be interested in her 'support' for and 'friendship' with Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder would apparently be Marty, who has this thing about namedropping.

Oh, and of course, the small cadre of 'Bad Bobists' who are still trying to get juice out of 'See! We TOLD YOU SO! You should respect us! Because We Told You Bob Is Bad!' Mostly, they're not around all that much either, nowdays, for which I'm grateful. And, the 'Bob is Badists are Bad-ists' and 'Bob is Goodists' aren't that vocal now either, at least on that subject, and, the same gratefulness goes for that. Because, thank God, the Minton Wars are over. Aren't they? They sure were a waste of time back in the day.

Anyway, the only question for me is, why would somebody who 'hacked' Marty's blog/facebook/email publish just *this one* letter? And, in such an out of the way spot?

I mean, it's not particularly shocking. It's got nothing juicy to it. Embarrassing? Possibly it should be, but, for someone who actually feels the emotions and holds the opinions stated in the letter, it shouldn't be embarrassing at all.

So, why this one? The 'Church'? Can't see it. Even assuming that Marty and The 'Church' are on opposing sides (I don't) what would be gained by hacking his email and then posting *this* email, of all possible emails?

It just makes no sense. Anon? Why would they do that? Most of them don't even know who Stacy Brooks is, and, if they do, they don't care, or, at the very least, they're ignorant of the (un)importance of the Minton Wars of the early naughts.

So, if you're going to publish private emails to the former Scientology Top Thug from one of his former victims, smooching up to his butt and telling him how cool he is for not wanting to try to get David Miscavige arrested or the 'Church' prosecuted, well, why would you?

Is that *really* the juiciest tidbit Marty got sent to him? What? No death threats? No calls to commit crimes? No admissions of crimes, no confessions? No, well, *anything*?

No, just one ass kissing email from one also-fucked in the Scientology Fuck-A-Thon.

Anyway, why publish this nothing email at this nothing site? Who was expected to find it? What was the purpose? And, amazingly, it's never mentioned until after it's *expired* from the site, which expires all such things after 30 days.

At which point Marty, in announcing that his email was not only hacked but that *an* email was published, happens to mention it. (without saying where...)

So, this is odd. His email is 'hacked' (supposedly) and *one* email is 'published', but, not where anyone will find it usually, and, nobody seems to notice it until Marty mentions it. I mean, if you're going to 'hack' someone's email and actually go to the trouble to publish your gleanings, wouldn't you announce it? If you were the 'Church' you would. That's what they do. They would have sent some anonymous clam into ARS to say 'Oh! Look! Stacy Brooks Letter to Marty! Guilty! Guilty! Guilty!'

But, they didn't. And, if it was 'Anon' who 'hacked' Marty the Wrathbunz' site/facebook/email, it would have been announced on WWP or some such, although, for the life of me, I can't see why they'd bother publishing it at *all*.

So, back to the orgiinal question. Who 'benefits' from this? Any takers?

Oh, come to think of it, there *is* somebody who benefits! Why, it's Marty Rathbun *himself*, who got to show how persecuted he is; who got to remove embarrassing or even dangerous statements from his own blog, without just simply 'deleting' them. And who gets to show the world what a good friend his old victim Stacy Brooks now is and how she *agrees* with his calls for not trying to get Davey or the 'Church' prosecuted and, gee, if Stacy can love Marty and Mike, why can't you?

And, even better, Marty isn't *stoopid*, and he knows damn well that once he's mentioned the publishing of a 'stolen' email on the web, somebody will look for it, and, even if it's already expired at the out-of-the-way site which is apparently the only place it was published; why, it'll still be in Google *cache*!!!

Ooooh... How *clever*. And, best of all, it may even get the good Ole Minton Wars cranked up again; one of Marty's most successful actions of this decade.

Now, is somebody else has a suggestion for whom this whole charade has benefited *except* Marty Rathbun, please feel free to correct me.

Zinj

Sounds good to me.

That Marty, he just can't get enough of those spiritual handjobs.:D

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
Originally Posted by Full header
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from rly-me01.mx.aol.com (rly-me01.mail.aol.com [172.20.83.34]) by air-me03.mail.aol.com (v126.13) with ESMTP id MAILINME031-99a4b17c39d1e; Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:57:01 -0500
Received: from mail-ew0-f228.google.com (mail-ew0-f228.google.com [209.85.219.228]) by rly-me01.mx.aol.com (v125.7) with ESMTP id MAILRELAYINME016-99a4b17c39d1e; Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:56:46 -0500
Received: by mail-ew0-f228.google.com with SMTP id 28so1570681ewy.17 for <<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">[email protected]</b>>; Thu, 03 Dec 2009 05:56:45 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:date :x-mailer; bh=XL1TtSs4BbeYCMlY0410gM3wRnScaJXRbt8b+VgeVUQ=; b=udejvtK701qlFRYpSfrhS+TJJ0laVcs8zqPpQtqOWUUFrKhX A7jUorSawPV2bGyR8h CCRmEjbGdjXwUNthpDkbwhvHeplJgb1pwCgRgCVbWVOK4DxfpP AEhEwdRM0V6Q8RxCAu Zc0274zUgrou5zEO1/FRXJZKInNm40IRhznHw=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :mime-version:subject:date:x-mailer; b=mkFCHeT+eNjBod5j/W8/UUJfzeu/eXAKKneJ1VvgxMELHeTDiXSOpAy80Fq7Zo5uT2 jLBMlgyFMFHBPKVdVEeY1Tvp5jxfvmEQKKt+TWsPzFbvBQza34 ei+G6FWG0SKZPJa8ox boHZdWVU5dQfJ/YaRzi8JVC9jYk4zG2crQiE0=
Received: by 10.216.89.73 with SMTP id b51mr543693wef.125.1259848605642; Thu, 03 Dec 2009 05:56:45 -0800 (PST)
Received: from ?10.0.1.2? (86-40-110-172-dynamic.b-ras2.mvw.galway.eircom.net [86.40.110.172]) by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id t12sm4576070gvd.20.2009.12.03.05.56.43 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5); Thu, 03 Dec 2009 05:56:43 -0800 (PST)
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
To: Marty Rathbun <<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">[email protected]</b>>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v936)
Subject: Two cents
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 13:56:41 +0000
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.936)
X-AOL-IP: 209.85.219.228
X-AOL-SCOLL-AUTHENTICATION: mail_rly_antispam_dkim-d221.2 ; domain : gmail.com DKIM : pass

The email appears to have originated in Ireland.

Email Sender IP address location & IP address info:
IP address [?]: 86.40.110.172 [Whois]
IP address country: ip address flag Ireland
IP address state: Mayo
IP address city: Mayo
IP address latitude: 53.7500
IP address longitude: -9.1167
ISP of this IP [?]: Eircom
Organization: Eircom
Host of this IP: [?]: 86-40-110-172-dynamic.b-ras2.mvw.galway.eircom.net [Whois]
Local Time of this IP country: 2010-01-11 18:40

http://www.ip-adress.com/trace_email/#result

Mystic

Crusader
Mayhaps we are seeing evolution in progress: The Minton Wars > The RashButt Wars.

The RashButt Wars, I must say, are rather bland, mild and downright boring most of the time. But then, Marty RashButt is very infected with Hubbard-spew and his capacity to communicate is thus quite limited, distorted and contaminated.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
...... And, even better, Marty isn't *stoopid*, and he knows damn well that once he's mentioned the publishing of a 'stolen' email on the web, somebody will look for it, and, even if it's already expired at the out-of-the-way site which is apparently the only place it was published; why, it'll still be in Google *cache*!!!

Zinj

Oh, I agree that he's benefitted. No doubt about that. I just don't think he posted that email.

Why? Well, look at it this way. Let's say that a small number of people saw it before it was posted and before Marty knew of it. Then let's say that one of these people thought: out of all the emails, this one was from an OG who's been out of the picture for a long time and in it she's looking like she's buttering up to Rathbun. And then let's say that, knowing little of the history but aware of Stacy having been a big part of the OG, goes and passes a link to a pasteup of it, in confidence to just a few people who might be able to explain what the email might be or mean or if it's really Stacy or not. Then let's say that, unbeknownst to the sender, one of the few who received it happened to be connected to some Minton haters. The let's say that when someone anonymously posts the link on WWP, one of those who received the link confidentially, sees it there and asks "how did that happen"?

Then, let's say that when the names of the few who received it in confidence are rattled off to the one who saw it posted on WWP, that the sender is informed that one name in particular is obviously a person who should not have been trusted with it because that person is close friends with could be called 'the Minton haters'. Let's say then that sender is informed of the connections. Lets say that the response is :duh::duh::duh:

So, lets just say that this is how it happened that the email got leaked.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Oh, I agree that he's benefitted. No doubt about that. I just don't think he posted that email.

Why? Well, look at it this way. Let's say that a small number of people saw it before it was posted and before Marty knew of it. Then let's say that one of these people thought: out of all the emails, this one was from an OG who's been out of the picture for a long time and in it she's looking like she's buttering up to Rathbun. And then let's say that, knowing little of the history but aware of Stacy having been a big part of the OG, goes and passes a link to a pasteup of it, in confidence to just a few people who might be able to explain what the email might be or mean or if it's really Stacy or not. Then let's say that, unbeknownst to the sender, one of the few who received it happened to be connected to some Minton haters. The let's say that when someone anonymously posts the link on WWP, one of those who received the link confidentially, sees it there and asks "how did that happen"?

Then, let's say that when the names of the few who received it in confidence are rattled off to the one who saw it posted on WWP, that the sender is informed that one name in particular is obviously a person who should not have been trusted with it because that person is close friends with could be called 'the Minton haters'. Let's say then that sender is informed of the connections. Lets say that the response is :duh::duh::duh:

So, lets just say that this is how it happened that the email got leaked.

Let's *not* and not even 'say' we did.

I'm sorry, there are so many hypotheticals there that my Occam's has gone all flat.

And, there's *still* nothing saying how Marty was 'notified' that the email was 'published' (in quotes, because just putting it on that site hardly constitutes 'publishing' unless you know to look for it.) And, nobody would look for it, till Marty specified *which* email account it came from, so that it could be 'found'.

Sorry, I suppose that blue dwarves could live in my washing machine and steal my socks too, but, I don't think I'll adopt that as an operating basis.

Now, I admit, I would like to know whether Marty *really* filed a report/complaint with the FBI (dubious) or anybody else (also dubious) and also whether the purported email is a fake or even the one Marty means. Would seem to be the one he means, since he only mentions one and that's the only thing that pops up for that email address that *he* published.

And, it's hard to imagine it being a fake without Marty Knowing, since both he and Mike Rinder have known Stacy for decades and reference multiple phone calls. So, if it's a *fake* and it is the email Marty means, then it'd be *his* fake, and, that seems at least a little risky for even Marty's arrogance.

Zinj

rhill

Patron with Honors

I thought it could be interpreted as some sort of warning by the Church. A sort of reminder that when it decides to go after someone, they really follow up until the person is 'destroyed.' Something like, "Marty, you're such a nice guy, you wouldn't want David Miscavige to destroy you (that's what they do, remember?) How about you let the other exposing Miscavige be the target instead (Headley, Brennan, Hawkins, etc.), these people don't have your big heart and humble spirit, who care about those cold hearted bastards?")

It's not expired from the site, it was posted on Jan 7, ~2pm MST:
http://de.pastebin.ca/1741852

Yeah, on Jan 9., two days after being posted on that pastebin site. It does resemble "dammit, nobody is finding it, Ima post a hint on mah blog"...

I posted a timeline on ARS, to figuring it might help making sense of all this:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/111c03c3e2e237bf

I wish I could edit a usenet post, as I would add ("Buy my stuff!") to the Feb 7th, 2009 entry, and add a Feb. 9, 2009 entry for his statement re. the FBI, etc. ("the punk...") (http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=9819#)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Let's *not* and not even 'say' we did.

I'm sorry, there are so many hypotheticals there that my Occam's has gone all flat.

And, there's *still* nothing saying how Marty was 'notified' that the email was 'published' (in quotes, because just putting it on that site hardly constitutes 'publishing' unless you know to look for it.) And, nobody would look for it, till Marty specified *which* email account it came from, so that it could be 'found'.

Marty announced his email address as [email protected] many months ago. He wasn't hiding it.

If you do a Google search right now with that as the search term it brings up Stacy's email as hit #2. I remember looking a few days ago and it was a bit further down the rankings, but still easy to find.

I hardly call that obscure.

EDIT: I see that the copy I just saw was uploaded on Jan 7. I suppose it was an earlier copy that was being referred to before.

Paul