What's new

YANKE FANS: Nick Swisher's Soon-To-Be Wife Is A Scientologist?

pittny12

Patron with Honors
This may only interest fellow Yankee Fans. I just dont think I can take my beloved Yankee/s shelling money over to the Cult of Scientology. :no: :angry:

Nick Swisher's Soon-To-Be Wife Is A Scientologist?
http://deadspin.com/5550853/nick-swishers-soon+to+be-wifey-is-scientologist

This news of potential matrimonial conflict is brought to you byBob's Blitz, which points out that Swisher's fiancée, actress Joanna Garcia, has some ties to L.Ron Hubbard's Hollywood weirdo community.

Garcia, seen above, dressed like a beheaded penguin for the Church of Scientology's annual Christmas Stories Play, has been seeing Swisher for almost a year (publicly). TV nerds might remember Garcia from "Freaks and Geeks," where she played bubbly Vicki Appleby for five episodes.

So will Swisher convert? You know those greedy Scientologists would love to have some Yankee money pumped into their UFO cult. That means a possible Jenna Elfman sighting at The Stadium before this season's over, which would be fantastic because I loved her work in Krippendorf's Tribe. And did you know Elfman has, like, size 18 feet?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
This may only interest fellow Yankee Fans. I just dont think I can take my beloved Yankee/s shelling money over to the Cult of Scientology. :no: :angry:

This news of potential matrimonial conflict is brought to you byBob's Blitz, which points out that Swisher's fiancée, actress Joanna Garcia, has some ties to L.Ron Hubbard's Hollywood weirdo community.

Garcia, seen above, dressed like a beheaded penguin for the Church of Scientology's annual Christmas Stories Play, has been seeing Swisher for almost a year (publicly). TV nerds might remember Garcia from "Freaks and Geeks," where she played bubbly Vicki Appleby for five episodes.

So will Swisher convert? You know those greedy Scientologists would love to have some Yankee money pumped into their UFO cult. That means a possible Jenna Elfman sighting at The Stadium before this season's over, which would be fantastic because I loved her work in Krippendorf's Tribe. And did you know Elfman has, like, size 18 feet?

This could be the thing to bring the yankees to their knees. Go Saux!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm a Tampa Ray's fan after having lived there for quite a few years, and definitely not a Yankee's fan, but still feel horrible for Swisher. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Having a scientology spouse though I would say that there is a good chance that HE is already at least partially in himself. :ohmy:

anonyvix

Patron
They'll probably be like Will and Jada Smith, he'll go all "meta physical" and start opening up scientology based schools while all the time reckoning he's in to all kinds of religions.

Sad really.

FoTi

Crusader

Size 18 feet? I want to see a picture of this. :yes:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good step for the Yankees

This is good news from the standpoint of a Yankee hater. I hope Swisher converts and takes the entire team with him.

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
Nick Swisher

I'm a Mets and Red Sox fan myself, but Nick Swisher is one of the more interesting and likable ballplayers. Very talented, too- got some mention in the best seller Moneyball. Too bad he's not playing for the team in Queens.

He's very much an independent thinker. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he steered clear of the CoS, regardless of his fiancee's entreaties.

Best, Dex

Dexter Gelfand
Grad V Auditor
Northern California

The practice of Scientology is alive and well outside of and apart from the Church of Scientology!
my website: http://community.freezone-tech.info/dexter/

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not the Swish!!!

Shoot. I used to follow Swisher when he was with the A's. He was one of the guys who just was pretty real during interviews. Likable and all that--(and hella cute before he cut off his hair). He also did some hilarious stuff interviews when he was with my beloved ChiSox...it'd be pretty damn hard to picture him winding up a Scio. He was seemed pretty down to earth (as you can be and still be a rich ballplayer) and didn't seem like he cottoned to much BS.