What's new

#GoingClear: Alex Gibney Clears The World of Scientology

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Hey everyone. I just posted a new video about the Alex Gibney documentary, my thoughts on it after seeing it again and giving a call to action about revoking the Church's tax exemption. My YouTube channel has been blowing up for the past week with all the buzz about Scientology and I'm getting a lot of new subscribers and commenters, especially on the video called "Scientology is Falling Apart at the Seams" and on my recent public presentation about Scientology called "What is Scientology". Needless to say, I'm happy about that but I'm not happy about some of the commenters saying things like "You'd have to be a moron to get into Scientology" or "Cults are for idiots" and similar blame-the-victim nonsense. So I took that up in this new video as well. Hope you guys like it.

[video=youtube;833tQKFpl7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=833tQKFpl7o&spfreload=10[/video]

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Chris , thank you for addressing this . As you know both here and at my blog I write extensively about the covert and insidious methods Ron Hubbard built into his "tech" and doctrine and cult . I have written several hundred thousand words about the extreme measures Hubbard went to so his thought reform and totalistic practices are and remain hidden .

I still , here at ESMB , on Facebook and at the Underground Bunker have countless conversations with people who say "You would have to be a fucking retard to join Scientology " and " only nutjobs and psychos join cults " and " Scientologists are assholes who only care about money " and " go fuck yourself , you cult apologist , piece of shit " and so on .

Now , as...delightful as these exchanges are ( not really ) , they do not seriously address WHY people join cults , how they are exploited and why they stay .

I have advised critics to have compassion and humility when talking to someone who called cult members "assholes" and been told I do not understand .

I hope you continue exploring and learning about these vital topics and sharing what you find on your excellent videos .

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Chris , I just saw the video and consider it to be absolutely fabulous !!!:clap:

You did a great job of making important points and getting in a lot of them , but not too many to follow .

I like how you tie in the abuses and how family can address this . And how the abuses really DO occur .

I usually stay away from the celeb side and consider the mind control and prolific horrific abuse of thousands and thousands of rank and file Sea Org members and staff members and even public Scientologists and their families and press as more important to me . If Scientology was just a few dozen celebs getting shmoozed by DM I frankly would give exactly zero fucks .

But the thousands and thousands of minds and lives and families of non famous people harmed IS the primary reason I give this any time or thought .

But celebs draw press and eyeballs so if focusing on TC and JT gets the abuses and crimes stopped then it is a worthwhile tactic .

If a small fraction of people follow your advice and notify the IRS and government about Scientology's many illegal acts it can have a postive outcome.

Great job , great ideas Chris .

Free Being Me

Crusader
Hey everyone. I just posted a new video about the Alex Gibney documentary, my thoughts on it after seeing it again and giving a call to action about revoking the Church's tax exemption. My YouTube channel has been blowing up for the past week with all the buzz about Scientology and I'm getting a lot of new subscribers and commenters, especially on the video called "Scientology is Falling Apart at the Seams" and on my recent public presentation about Scientology called "What is Scientology". Needless to say, I'm happy about that but I'm not happy about some of the commenters saying things like "You'd have to be a moron to get into Scientology" or "Cults are for idiots" and similar blame-the-victim nonsense. So I took that up in this new video as well. Hope you guys like it.

[video=youtube;833tQKFpl7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=833tQKFpl7o&spfreload=10[/video]

What an insightfully informative video, Chris. A brilliant compliment to watch after seeing the Going Clear documentary. As always, you nail it.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
What an insightfully informative video, Chris. A brilliant compliment to watch after seeing the Going Clear documentary. As always, you nail it.

Great job, Chris. Your videos have been a huge help in me sorting some things out over the last 6 weeks or so. I don't want to tie up a thread with fanboy shit, but you do a consistently good job. Keep up the good work. :bong:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

I love this video, Chris, but then I love ALL your videos! They are concise, well-reasoned,
interesting and always thought provoking.
Thanks so much!