What's new

What is up with "Pitbull"/OSA?

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
Yes indeed! Vinaire!

Especially being that I've had three glasses of Vin this evening.

To Pitbull:

Hee-hee! Just the three.....? PAH!!! What would you be like after the whole bottle eh?

I'm wumpted to pronder; are you just bored? Maybe you're an "ex" just looking to enjoy a special kind of social intercourse with other similars? I use the term "similars" with quailification. To wit:

You're out of the trap and yet still nurture feelings of bitterness, disappointment and curiosity which I for one can understand although personally I don't care much these days. Maybe you harbour sentiments of resentment against those (especially those who continue to defend the perceived "good bits" of Scientology) who fell for the same trick you did? The disgust of mutual embarrassment I mean.

And I wonder further: maybe you have considerations about the "BT" stuff? It's not inconceivable I would think, that to move oneself closer to a grasp of all that, given some (even reluctant) acceptance of the "Bridge", one might seek to emulate the actions of the great LRH himself? That's to say, smash yourself out of your usual brains with alcohol, cannabis, pheno-barbitone, whatever, any permutation thereof in order to expand your "awareness"....your "window of perception" on "other people you could be" or "have to be"; whatever precise rhetoric suits your whim. And then, adopt the mindset of whatever your feet lead you to, and express the according sentiments of whichever part of yourself you happen to be at any given moment.

I've done this myself more than once and have found the issue interesting to say the least; whether it has any long-term or "important" value is moot, but it offers a certain insight as to the relationship between "perception-as-real" and "perception-as-arbitrary" according to the chemical disposition of one's physiology at any point in time.

As regards your good self, if my ingenuous intuition is even close to the mark this wouldn't surprise or bother me in the slightest. It is, in fact, my own principle area of interest at the moment.

Just a few thoughts; you may be a kindred spirit Pitbull or not. Either way, it'll all come out in the wash so to speak.

May the Farce be with you.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the one we have here at the house is the two volume World Book dictionary. :)

Yeah, that's the one they recoommend in Scn. I've got a Concise Oxford which has most of the "classical" English words I want to look up, like "tergiversate" and "farrago." The local library has a bigger dictionary, a Chambers which has more words.

The Websters is pretty good, you can pick up each of the 3 volumes of the International with one hand which you can't with the Oxford.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have the Oxford two volume, a Merriam Webster two volume, and three "dinky" dictionaries.

I started collecting dictionaries before I was a scientologist, and used to spend hours in "word chains" when I was in grade-school until I could understand encyclopedia articles regarding things that stumped me in school that day. It got to the point where I was correcting my teachers' spelling, word-choice, sentence structure, and conceptual understanding. In fifth grade. I was beaten frequently (they were monks and nuns) for this sort of insolence, but I think I really did have a better conceptual understanding of the materials I studied than about 85% of my teachers.

I know what you mean. I was never beaten for the same thing but I do remember a teacher launching into a tirade against me in class for correcting him about something.

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
Well Moonchild:

You may be right in some of your observations.

Truth is, the things many were looking for BEFORE and during Scientology, don't
just miraculously disappear AFTER.

Many are still looking to live a fulfulling and meaningful life. Develop significant friendships, continue to understand more about life, spiritual growth, etc.

Others are scumbags BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER Scientology.

Some enjoyed the opportunity to run control over others, and can't
complain now if they can't hide behind their "post".

Some just gave up and now want to blame Scientology for
everything wrong with their lives.

Others are just boring, lazy farts.

At least Anonymous added some fun to the whole thing!

Pixie

Crusader
Well Moonchild:

Many are still looking to live a fulfulling and meaningful life. Develop significant friendships, continue to understand more about life, spiritual growth, etc.

Well said... :clap:

Pixie

Crusader
Thanks Anne/ Pixie:

Wish you were here in New York to enjoy a rainy afternoon.

Yes me too actually. It's been raining here in Spain for four whole days! Ugh... when you're not used to any rain! I guess I'm being prepared for my next move... :D

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
Well Moonchild:

Yes, I think we're largely on the same page. Thanx for the reply. :)

Vinaire

Sponsor
Thanks Anne/ Pixie:

Wish you were here in New York to enjoy a rainy afternoon.

I have been in New York since Saturday. Since yesterday I am staying in Chappaqua about 7 minutes away from President Clinton's house. The Omega Institute is about 65 miles North from here.

After two rainy days, he skies cleared up today. It was a beautiful day today.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Well Moonchild:

I liked this post.

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
I've not made it to the Omega center yet. Does seem like a nice
place for a retreat.

There was actually a kind of acting improve class taught there by Alan Arkin,
that I was curious about taking,
But I"m not sure if its continuing now after his recent
"Little Miss Sunshine" fame.

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes me too actually. It's been raining here in Spain for four whole days! Ugh... when you're not used to any rain! I guess I'm being prepared for my next move... :D

So does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?

Neo