What's new

Asking for refund and SP declare

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
Here is something I'm wondering about.

I always assumed that once you requested a refund, you were automatically declared a suppressive person. This was corroborated by Larry Anderson's recorded conversation with Tommy Davis who tells him that if he asks for a refund, none of the other Scientologists will talk to him again, per policy.

However, I was talking with one Scientologist (let's call her Scientologist #1), she says she doesn't think that's true. She thinks all that happens is that if you ask for a refund, you have to sign some affidavit promising that you'll never get services from the Church of Scientology again, but you are not declared SP. She thinks this because years ago, she loaned money to Scientologist #2, who filed bankruptcy and wiped her and ex-Scientologist #3 out. Ex-Scientologist #3 had asked for a refund from the Church and got it back, but she wasn't declared, so Scientologist #1 was allowed to talk to her.

Also, didn't Leah Remini get a refund? I don't think she got declared SP until months afterwards.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
I got a refund and I got declared for which I am grateful. Of course I have been talking a lot of smack about Scientology, David Miscavige, and L Ron Hubtard for several years so that may have had something to do with it. I am pretty sure though that if you ask for and receive a refund you are going to get declared.

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
I got a refund and I got declared for which I am grateful. Of course I have been talking a lot of smack about Scientology, David Miscavige, and L Ron Hubtard for several years so that may have had something to do with it. I am pretty sure though that if you ask for and receive a refund you are going to get declared.

To my knowledge, ex-Scientologist #3 wasn't talking a lot of smack about Scientology.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
To my knowledge, ex-Scientologist #3 wasn't talking a lot of smack about Scientology.

You know they don't issue the godenrod any more so ex-Scientologist #3 could be a declared SP and not even know it. That has occurred to a great many people. If you know what org she was at and where she got her refund you could ask the ethics officer at that org if she is declared or not. I don't know if he would answer you but it's worth a try.

HollywoodGuy

Patron with Honors
You know they don't issue the godenrod any more so ex-Scientologist #3 could be a declared SP and not even know it. That has occurred to a great many people. If you know what org she was at and where she got her refund you could ask the ethics officer at that org if she is declared or not. I don't know if he would answer you but it's worth a try.

This was years ago, back around 2000 or 2001. Scientologist #2 had filed bankruptcy and wiped out Scientologist #1, who discovered Ex-Scientologist #3 was on the bankruptcy schedule. Scientologist #1 called up Ex-Scientologist #3 and didn't get in trouble. Ex-Scientologist #3 didn't say anything like, "Oh, you can't talk to me, I'm a declared!"

It's possible Scientologist #1 wasn't supposed to be talking to ex-Scientologist #3, but Scientologist #1 seems to think it was okay.