What's new

Children working in "the pit"

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
Rats Alley and the Pit were two very different areas. The Pit was down in the tunnels under LRH way. My memory is kind of fuzzy on how to get down there, but it was basically the lowest point in those tunnels. you opened a small door in the wall and there was a room sunken about a foot below the height of the tunnel. There was some machinery in there that was so corroded and covered in gunk that I had NO idea what it was for.

It was an air vent shaft that goes to the basement, and comes out between Leb Hall and ASHO. If you go all the way up the front steps of ASHO, turn and face the street, it will be on your right-hand side.

The tunnels under LRH way were once filled completely with files and papers. Giuseppe signed another SO contract there when Giuseppe was in the cadet RPF :yes: . We had the job of shredding many many papers. Giuseppe was 8 years old.

There are areas in Half-Life2 that freak out to Giuseppe, because they looks like the basement of the complex and the tunnels under LRH way.

Giuseppe loved to go into Rats Alley, no more laps, no more yelling to Giuseppe, just peace and quiet. And roaches. And stench.:wink2:

Fun stuff.

free1996

Patron with Honors
who was this kid?

I can't seem to wrap my brain on who Glippesse is? when was he at PAC? Because I was a PAC rat and I don't remember at all.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, LRH crazy. Markus, I am REEEEALLY impressed that you remembered this thread from 2008 rther than starting a new thread. Because I hadn't seen this thread before. :)

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Not to detract from the thread, but...:p

Funny story about those cockroaches...

I was in the galley doing cleaning, while on the EPF. I see this huge cockroach, I mean huge.... I grew up in a bad area of town when I was young so I had seem them before - but they must grow them big in LA.

Anyway, I wanted to kill it - but I didn't want to step on it because I would get a bit of crap on my shoe. So I found a paper plate, threw it over the bug and stomped on it a couple of times, went to pick it up and clean up the mess and the plate started moving :omg:.. I didn't know quite what to do, so I turned the broom over that I was using to sweep with and just started beating the heck out of plate with it... I must have killed it, but I didn't want to look. SO I just cleaned it up and went about my job.
Ugh horrid things! I remember a huge flying one at the FLB in 1980 that just wouldn't leave me alone. In the end someone got rid of it, but they give me the creeps. I remember also opening the door to the bathroom/toilet near Reception of the Fort Harrison and hundreds of roaches scuttled away under gaps as soon as the light came on.