What's new

Differentiating the different branches of the Sea Org

practice

Patron with Honors
We all know that life at Int is not the same as life at a regular org.

My question is: How does life at Int compare to life at Flag? Or to life at AOLA? ASHO? Bridge Publications? INCOMM? CMO?

My goal with this thread is to have an accurate description of what life is like in each of these places right now, and to have all of this information in one place. If we don't know what it is like now, but rather what it was like twenty years ago, well, that's useful as long as the information comes along with the disclaimer that things may have changed in the past twenty years.

High profile blows from Int gave a pretty good picture of what is going on there. Now that this Daniel Montalvo guy has blown from Bridge, I've finally got some information about what's going on at Bridge now (I haven't finished reading Jefferson Hawkin's blog, but from what I've seen it looks like he hasn't been at Bridge for a while (?) and I know that Bridge has changed a lot over time - apparently they used to pay staff minimum wage and were located on the PAC Base, and it seems that now they don't pay minimum wage, are located in a warehouse in Commerce, LA, and that things have gotten ugly ever since the Basics books push...)

Other questions:

Where is the RPF located? I've heard that "Happy Valley" is now gone, for instance. Which locations have their own RPF? How many different locations are there for the RPF's RPF? Apparently PAC has RPFers stashed away somewhere. Where are they, where do they work during the day, are they in any way visible to the public?

What goes on in CMO?

Does INCOMM still exist?

If your child/love interest/classmate/etc. is being recruited to work at ASHO, how should you assume they will be treated there?

Which of these Orgs have a "blow drill" when somebody leaves? All of them? None except for Int/Gold?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
BUMP

This thread is a great idea because we get a ton of info about the SO at INT but next to nothing about SO bases in other locations. I hope others can fill in some big gaps here.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Looks like my replies lately got nixed by crash. i will try to recreate the one in here.

Shortly after the renos at CLO EUS 1989 there were 4 or 5 people RPF'ed.

1 later routed out.
1 later remembered "suddenly" that he had done LSD (this was shortly after his wife blew while on mission) he routed out after that.

1 went back on post and was a Course Sup when I left.

I believe there is no special place for the RPF, it is wherever the S.O. command decides they need to be. Our RPF was housed at CLO EUS but did course work at the NY Org also.

We had no "Blow Drill" per say, but occasionally when someone blew I was ordered to go find them at the airports or 1 time at a relative's house in NJ. I would usually go to the airport and just wander around for a while knowing that I would never see the person there and eventually go back and report that I didn't find them.