What's new

Finalizing it

Isme

Patron with Honors
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of finalizing my leaving. Been a long road but it really started in the neighborhood of 1989. (sorry there will be a little fudge factor of +/- 6 months or so to prevent being identified - at this time)

Several months ago I started answering their calls with non-answering. Picking up and saying "What?" Asking them why they thought I needed help. When asked "oh, so you're not in Scientology anymore?" I answered that I was but that they weren't and were only squirrels". When they start to argue I say, "So sorry, busy now, bye" and hang up." Before this I simply unplugged the phone and relied on my cell phone for all calls.

Haven't gotten a call in two months now despite the looming "birthday game".

I've been reading everything on the net for two years now.

I have read stuff before, but forgive me for saying that the cursing, rampant name-calling, over-the-top attempts to make people in Scientology feel valueless and stupid only served to keep me from reading in-depth before that.

Not in defense of Scientology, in defense of myself. I didn't need MORE people making me feel bad. I was already depressed and anxious by what I had seen and knew was continuing. The only thing all that anger did was leave me no outlet to discover and express what I had/was feeling.

I had no idea it was much worse than I had seen or knew about until I started reading Marty's blog. Like or dislike him his blog is possibly an area where a person thinking about finalizing the break can feel vindicated in what they're feeling and hoping to do.

Anyhow, that's where I am right now, ending off and reading as much as I can when I get the time.

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
I have read stuff before, but forgive me for saying that the cursing, rampant name-calling, over-the-top attempts to make people in Scientology feel valueless and stupid only served to keep me from reading in-depth before that.

Not in defense of Scientology, in defense of myself. I didn't need MORE people making me feel bad.

I'm sorry you ran into that. Here, we're overwhelmingly exes, and not likely to cast the first stone.

Welcome!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm sorry you ran into that. Here, we're overwhelmingly exes, and not likely to cast the first stone.

Welcome!

True. Remember also that OSA operatives also post here in an attempt to sow dispersal and confusion.

Welcome out of the hamster wheel from Hell, er, I mean Hubbard. Actually both.

Isme

Patron with Honors
True. Remember also that OSA operatives also post here in an attempt to sow dispersal and confusion.

Welcome out of the hamster wheel from Hell, er, I mean Hubbard. Actually both.

Actually I'm getting off of any hamster wheel.

That was what I was seeking when I read the Dianetics book being an alcoholic newly off of cocaine. Scientology DID get me off of and ended with alcohol and drugs and I have to give props for that. Doing anything else would be getting onto another hamster wheel not of my making and I'm not into that.

Thanks for the welcome :)

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Isme

Great to have you here. I am looking forward to your contributions and sharing. Your first post made me think of Stephen Hassan's book called 'Releasing the Bonds' a book I have yet to read but really like the concept.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Isme.

Remember not to give out too much if you have family who are in.

There are probably so few people in that it is easier than it once was to ID people. No reason not to put out a few red herrings.

It is true OSA post here. They told me to let you know to report to your ethics officer. Just kidding.

Isme

Patron with Honors
Welcome Isme

Great to have you here. I am looking forward to your contributions and sharing. Your first post made me think of Stephen Hassan's book called 'Releasing the Bonds' a book I have yet to read but really like the concept.

Thanks for the welcome.

Haven't read Steve Hassan's work yet. Got a list a couple pages long I want to get through. Will look into that one.
:)

Isme

Patron with Honors
Welcome Isme.

Remember not to give out too much if you have family who are in.

There are probably so few people in that it is easier than it once was to ID people. No reason not to put out a few red herrings.

It is true OSA post here. They told me to let you know to report to your ethics officer. Just kidding.

Hello and thanks!

I know you're kidding, but I'll take that under advisement. From what I understand they can be real stinkers about "ones that get away". :biggrin:

RogerB

Crusader
Isme, welcome and thank you for your lucid and well thought out opening post. It says a lot that is valuable.

Yes, it's true that some posters here are likely off-putting to those on the border-line of leaving the cult or who are trying to recover . . . but then, it is an OSA tactic to work to make places like this seem rather too bizarre to be helpful and it is true it is off-putting.

But well done for the persistence and arriving here. As you paddle about in our files you'll find all sorts of goodies that can further help you free yourself from the entrapment of the falsities that constitute the grip of the fraud of $cn.

Presumably you found these following links here? . . . :biggrin: and maybe you have others who can benefit from them? :coolwink:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21499-Internet-Resources-on-Scientology-for-newcomers

LRH “Affirmations” . .
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...of-Scientology&p=592193&viewfull=1#post592193

Alan’s Pandora’s Box
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?33-OPENING-PANDORA-S-BOX-Part-One

Crimes and deceit by Hubbard . . . Alan’s Been Kidnapped:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...dnapped!-(was-John-McMaster-s-partial-story!)

RogerB

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

That was what I was seeking when I read the Dianetics book being an alcoholic newly off of cocaine. Scientology DID get me off of and ended with alcohol and drugs and I have to give props for that. Doing anything else would be getting onto another hamster wheel not of my making and I'm not into that.

Welcome Isme!! Thanks for posting your leaving. May I be so bold as to make a slight correction to your post and I hope this makes sense but - YOU got yourself off of drugs and alcohol!! Scientology may have provided tools - but YOU did the work, paid the money, provided the slave labor or whatever you did to get the tools in your hands and good for you for accomplishing that!! We know what you mean though and hopefully you won't find anyone here (but OSA Troll's) making Ex Scientologist's feel bad. We are here to acknowledge your sanity and common sense. We are not here to taut the Tech or LRH! We expose the truth to help others that are in doubt - KNOW!! Sometimes we like to make the OSA trolls feel bad because they don't know anything but have the EP from Scientology of "pretended knowingness superceded by pretended certainty".

Anyway - WELCOME OUT! :hattip::hattip::hattip::dance3::dance3::dance3::dancer::dancer::dancer::buzzin::buzzin::party::party::party::party::woohoo::woohoo::grouphug::grouphug::bighug::bighug:

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious

With respect Isme, that does remind me of the line from [I think] the first Cheech and Chong record ' Before I found the Lord I was all fucked up on drugs, but now I've found the Lord I'm all fucked up on the Lord'.Anyway, welcome to ESMB I think
you will find a lot of answers here.:wink2:

Lori

Cheryl E Love
:welcome: Isme!
No one legitimately here ever made me feel stupid or bad about being an ex koolaide drinker. Key word...... legitimately.

I still read more than post and continue to be in awe at the caliber of good people here. Both exes and never ins! From the true at heart members (99% of us) you will find compassion, understanding, and fantastic advice. The few trolls that do show up are usually quickly identified and dealt with. :thumbsup:

This said, read, learn, and decompress. When you are ready.....we are waiting. :grouphug:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of finalizing my leaving. Been a long road but it really started in the neighborhood of 1989. (sorry there will be a little fudge factor of +/- 6 months or so to prevent being identified - at this time)

Several months ago I started answering their calls with non-answering. Picking up and saying "What?" Asking them why they thought I needed help. When asked "oh, so you're not in Scientology anymore?" I answered that I was but that they weren't and were only squirrels". When they start to argue I say, "So sorry, busy now, bye" and hang up." Before this I simply unplugged the phone and relied on my cell phone for all calls.

Haven't gotten a call in two months now despite the looming "birthday game".

I've been reading everything on the net for two years now.

Not in defense of Scientology, in defense of myself. I didn't need MORE people making me feel bad. I was already depressed and anxious by what I had seen and knew was continuing. The only thing all that anger did was leave me no outlet to discover and express what I had/was feeling.

I had no idea it was much worse than I had seen or knew about until I started reading Marty's blog. Like or dislike him his blog is possibly an area where a person thinking about finalizing the break can feel vindicated in what they're feeling and hoping to do.

Anyhow, that's where I am right now, ending off and reading as much as I can when I get the time.

Welcome to ESMB ...

I'm sorry you found the net unaaceptable (re scientology) but perhaps you just were not ready till now ... as you say the net (including ESMB) isn't always ideal and most of us are not here to stroke the brows of those still very much indoctrinated ... (we do have a few members who are still indoctrinated that try to encourage others to remain so but not many).

We are (mainly) ex scientologists (the hint is in the name of the forum) or are in the process of becoming ex but we are not perfect by any means, nor are we therapists ... we are just a wonderful, fun group of people with something in common, most of us are not here to try and 'encourage' people in or out of scientology ... people tend to do that when they are ready anyway but we are here for them when they want us with facts and caring.

I'm glad you are ready (and here) now and hope you get as much out of being here as most of us have (and do).

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2: