What's new

Finalizing it

Isme

Patron with Honors
Hi, Isme.

I agree that it's a lot easier to read when the material is friendly.
People do need to vent sometimes, but unless I am getting paid to do customer service,
I don't prefer it, either!

Tolerance and compassion go a long way in my book.
I have been out since 2011, but have a child on post in the S.O. and another immediate family
member who still plans to do the levels in the C of S. Love them, they are my family.
So, I do my best to respect and honor both my own views and those of others.
It's really the only way through for me.

You are very welcome and I'm glad you are here!

Love,

Two Cents

Hi TC and thanks for your welcome.

I totally agree with tolerance and compassion.

I also agree with freedom and sometimes that means letting someone walk a road we don't agree with.

We have a dear friend who is "still in" but wavering. Rather than burden them with us being out we grant that they have their own life, they work and make their own money and have the right to spend their energy and time the way that they want to. The decision needs to be theirs and when they're ready, we'll be there to help if they want/need it.

There is that old saying about horses and drinking water. I rather think this is a lot like that.

Isme

Patron with Honors
Welcome Isme

I knew routing out forms were getting longer and longer to complete but your's tops it 1989 until...now! Man that is perseverance if I ever saw it. :coolwink: Good to see you've arrived thus far. :thumbsup:

LOL! I AM certain that DM wishes he had his dirty little paws into me that long.

My routing form cycle was odd. I really don't know what I managed there except "checking out" but the thing went like a hot knife through butter. Maybe 16-17 days tops and I never signed anything at the end :::shrugs:::

There's a good bunch of people here the odd nutter (including myself) you will find your way around here and before long your post count will be way up with stars to match.

A well, then I may as well join the group of odd nutters. I'm kind of a one-off and hate being pinned down to anything.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Isme

Patron with Honors
Belated Welcome Isme!
You will find this forum very warm and supportive..these are wonderful people and if you see a post that seems a bit blunt and may seem insulting to Scientology/Scientologists I think it really comes from exes and their self deprecating sense of humor.

Well they can stop feeling insulted. I can get rather wordy and have made it a task to rein myself in a bit in new places ;-D

No one here really thinks people are stupid for getting involved with Scientology.. On the contrary, rather intelligent people who care about the future are those who get sucked in. Take it all in stride and if you look deeper at a persons profile and read their other posts it might help when you question why a person said something..or just ask folks to explain their posts so you can see where they are coming from.

That's a very nice thing to say and .. thank you! I cared about the future sure, but what I really wanted to do was help people and maybe mitigate some of the horrible stuff I had seen while working in the medical field (minor position) in an inner city hospital.

there is a lot of J&D here..but these fine exscientologists have taught me that sometimes humor is the best way to deal with life after the cult.

smiles!
Missy

Ah, I can take gentle pokes at the odd thing I do here and there and actually have a good gut-busting laugh at some of it. I often laugh out-loud when I realize something I do that's inexplicable like putting the car keys in the freezer. Doesn't matter why, it's hilarious that I find them there.

I don't like someone taking pleasure at "turning the screws" on someone. DM does that, why be like him? Or in Scientology parlance, I'm not in a bullbait session, therefore didn't give permission for the cycle to begin. I tend to ignore that where possible. (will have to find the Ignore feature here if I ever run into it)

Thanks for your welcome, I truly appreciate it :)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
LOL! Okay I'm done here then. :)

If you hit the button to the right of the 'Reply With Quote' button ("+ ... it says 'Multi-Quote This Message' if you hover over it) you'll be able to make one post but respond to as many people as you wish as all your quoted posts will appear separately in the note pad with space to reply for each.

You can hit 'Reply With Quote' as often as you like after hitting the multi quote one.

:coolwink:

Two Cents

Patron with Honors
Hi TC and thanks for your welcome.

I totally agree with tolerance and compassion.

I also agree with freedom and sometimes that means letting someone walk a road we don't agree with.

We have a dear friend who is "still in" but wavering. Rather than burden them with us being out we grant that they have their own life, they work and make their own money and have the right to spend their energy and time the way that they want to. The decision needs to be theirs and when they're ready, we'll be there to help if they want/need it.

There is that old saying about horses and drinking water. I rather think this is a lot like that.

Yes, Isme. What is the expression? "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." Something like that. Each person is on their own road and is "ready" in their own time, aren't they? So glad you are here. Love, Two Cents

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
ISME you are clogging the "new posts" window! Stop!
well geez..wait till I tell you to Stop! :smack: but then again, you might like that :p

If you hit the button to the right of the 'Reply With Quote' button ("+ ... it says 'Multi-Quote This Message' if you hover over it) you'll be able to make one post but respond to as many people as you wish as all your quoted posts will appear separately in the note pad with space to reply for each.

You can hit 'Reply With Quote' as often as you like after hitting the multi quote one.

i think the most I've ever been able to do is three at a time.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have read stuff before, but forgive me for saying that the cursing, rampant name-calling, over-the-top attempts to make people in Scientology feel valueless and stupid only served to keep me from reading in-depth before that.

Not in defense of Scientology, in defense of myself. I didn't need MORE people making me feel bad. I was already depressed and anxious by what I had seen and knew was continuing. The only thing all that anger did was leave me no outlet to discover and express what I had/was feeling.

^^^^^^^^ :yes: :thumbsup:

:welcome2: Isme

:thewave:

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Okay, I am REALLY late to the party but welcome! :happydance:

Unlike a lot of other ESMB-members I was never in. I am an anon working - amongst other projects - on the big list of exes. See my signature. :yes:

AnonKat

Crusader
Welcome

Gloria Steinem: 'The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.'

61000bfc0b19eaf2ae0e641b5d1fcd43.jpg

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of finalizing my leaving. Been a long road but it really started in the neighborhood of 1989. (sorry there will be a little fudge factor of +/- 6 months or so to prevent being identified - at this time)

Several months ago I started answering their calls with non-answering. Picking up and saying "What?" Asking them why they thought I needed help. When asked "oh, so you're not in Scientology anymore?" I answered that I was but that they weren't and were only squirrels". When they start to argue I say, "So sorry, busy now, bye" and hang up." Before this I simply unplugged the phone and relied on my cell phone for all calls.

Haven't gotten a call in two months now despite the looming "birthday game".

I've been reading everything on the net for two years now.

I have read stuff before, but forgive me for saying that the cursing, rampant name-calling, over-the-top attempts to make people in Scientology feel valueless and stupid only served to keep me from reading in-depth before that.

Not in defense of Scientology, in defense of myself. I didn't need MORE people making me feel bad. I was already depressed and anxious by what I had seen and knew was continuing. The only thing all that anger did was leave me no outlet to discover and express what I had/was feeling.

I had no idea it was much worse than I had seen or knew about until I started reading Marty's blog. Like or dislike him his blog is possibly an area where a person thinking about finalizing the break can feel vindicated in what they're feeling and hoping to do.

Anyhow, that's where I am right now, ending off and reading as much as I can when I get the time.