What's new

From WWP: "Amazing: Willhaven720's story on Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forum"

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I just found this on WWP:

_You_ said:
I have a google alert for "Mario Majorski"aka Epic Swords Guy.

Today it turned up this amazing story of Willhaven720 on Sherdog.

I am an ex-Scientologist. (LONG read) - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Sherdog is the 60th largest forum in the world with 180+K members. It is devoted to Mixed Martial Arts.

What is amazing about this is it is the first time I have seen an ex tell his story on a forum outside the world of Chanology.

He was inducted into the Sea Org as a teenager, and lives in Central CA. As his story unfolds scilon Randy Maviaux chimes in.

Willhaven720 is awesome and articulate. He does a great job of educating the sherdoggers, ...

<snip>

but read for yourself. The thread on Sherdog is quite interesting as well.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thread is definitely worth reading, interesting story from another kid sucked in the Sea Org and who gtfo. Particularly amusing is the OSA turd (or whoever) brainwashed Scieno who pops up as a new member a few pages in - maviaux. He starts spinning the cult's spin by rote. I have to think these guys have a big clipboard of authorized replies that they use to copypasta. WillHaven does a pro job of cutting through his bullshit, because he's been there.

Also, you will notice Maviaux complete avoidance of real questions about Scieno - like Xenu, aliens, and the like. Hard to believe the cult doesn't have a pre-written "I'm so offended' response in the can.

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
you need to see this

Some very sad news.

As it turns out, my cousin and his family wont be needing to worry about my uncle's blacklisting with the church.

Yesterday, my uncle Bob took his own life.

He is remembered by his loving son and daughter.

And when I say "loving", I mean they stopped caring about the blacklist some years ago and were in contact with him. In fact, I don't believe his daughter ever did disconnect from him.

It is heartbreaking that they didn't have more time with one another. But I know just how thankful they all are for the time they had. I was a witness to that better time. He loved them so much, it actually made me jealous as a child.

He was more of a Def Leppard kind of man... But in the late 80's, when the New Kids on the Block were big, he bought them all tickets and even sang "hanging tough" before revealing his surprise. He had to wait in line over night to get them.

The only reason I write this here and now, is because I believe he would have wanted you all to know. Not of his death mind you. But that if you're not careful in life, you can regret TOO much. And there was much to regret in his life.

When he took his remaining money from the church, his wife and kids left soon after under threat of expulsion. And though he was able to maintain steady contact with his daughter, he was ostracized by friends and family members. They were all threatened with expulsion, had they chose not to leave him. He was alone for a very long time.

Wanting to respect the choices of his family, he never interfered. He never complained publicly that anyone knows of. But I have to believe that we all have our limits.

I imagine him in a better place right now.

R.I.P. Bob M.

And rnaviaux. I swear on my life, I am not making this up. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, including yourself.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f78/i-am-ex-scientologist-long-read-1107218/

$cientology kills.

Wisened One

Crusader
Michelle: Is this your Uncle? I am SO sorry for your loss, this is really sad. :sadsigh:

Some very sad news.

As it turns out, my cousin and his family wont be needing to worry about my uncle's blacklisting with the church.

And when I say "loving", I mean they stopped caring about the blacklist some years ago and were in contact with him. In fact, I don't believe his daughter ever did disconnect from him.

It is heartbreaking that they didn't have more time with one another. But I know just how thankful they all are for the time they had. I was a witness to that better time. He loved them so much, it actually made me jealous as a child.

He was more of a Def Leppard kind of man... But in the late 80's, when the New Kids on the Block were big, he bought them all tickets and even sang "hanging tough" before revealing his surprise. He had to wait in line over night to get them.

The only reason I write this here and now, is because I believe he would have wanted you all to know. Not of his death mind you. But that if you're not careful in life, you can regret TOO much. And there was much to regret in his life.

When he took his remaining money from the church, his wife and kids left soon after under threat of expulsion. And though he was able to maintain steady contact with his daughter, he was ostracized by friends and family members. They were all threatened with expulsion, had they chose not to leave him. He was alone for a very long time.

Wanting to respect the choices of his family, he never interfered. He never complained publicly that anyone knows of. But I have to believe that we all have our limits.

I imagine him in a better place right now.

R.I.P. Bob M.

And rnaviaux. I swear on my life, I am not making this up. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, including yourself.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f78/i-am-ex-scientologist-long-read-1107218/

$cientology kills.

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
Oh! Sorry....that was one of the most recent posts for wilhaven--the guy whose thread is the subject of this thread!

I think his thread would really resonate with a lot of the poster here....Sorry for the confusion...

Wisened One

Crusader
Oh! Sorry....that was one of the most recent posts for wilhaven--the guy whose thread is the subject of this thread!

I think his thread would really resonate with a lot of the poster here....Sorry for the confusion...

Oh ok, thanks, Michelle. I am very sorry for your loss, willhaven! (If he reads here or joins soon!)

Ladybird

I just read the story and am reading the replys now. All I can say is WOW! It is great to see the interest and understanding from Willhavens martial arts friends, most of whom knew little or nothing about scientology.

I hope Willhaven does join one of the ex-scientology boards, he's an articulate writer who seems to have a good grasp of the cult of scientology.

Ladybird

I just spent an hour reading the entire thread. Well worth it. Again, I hope that Willhaven will join us here. He was raised in scientology and joined the Sea Org as a teen.

Condolences to Willhaven and his family on his disconnected uncles suicide yesterday.

Here is an excerpt from page 13 of the 18 page thread:

Willhaven720 said:
The funny thing is that I've gotten where I am with little to no testimonials from any ex-members.

I don't hang out on their message boards. I didn't know who Marc Headley was, or that Jason Beghe left and was speaking out.

I have been living my life, trying to find that "sense of self" they took away from me. So when I say I "came out" to my fellow sherdoggers, I mean just that. It is the first time I have told anyone outside of my friends and family. It's fucking embarrassing, man! lol

When I decided it was a hoax, was the day I found out about the secret OT info. Not from South Park, mind you. From actually reading it on the net. That was enough for me. I KNOW the wrongs because I was there and helped propagate them.

I didn't know DM beat people up or any of that crazy shit. I didn't even know who Lisa McPherson was until after I awoke last year. She was killed a year and a half before I even joined the fucking Sea Org.

The truth is OVERWHELMING. But at the same time, the truth is in YOU. YOU know it's wrong. But while inside the trap, all you need is a tiny bit of evidence that it's "right", in order to feel justified that everything else is too. But some aspects of scientology are just common sense and totally unoriginal.

It's a vicious, vicious cycle.

And let me tell you something else... They KNEW I wasn't fully assimilated. They had to re-test me over and over again to be part of management. They made me read a policy called "Scientology is new news!". I had to read it over and over, and look up every word in the dictionary until I told them what they wanted to hear. They were so happy I did because I was their "missing link". And as ridiculous as that sounds, it's true. I HOOKED THEM UP. I carried their asses so many times (on a regional basis, not the entire Co$).

Yet none of that stopped them from screaming at me or punishing me when the sales were down. They made my life a living hell. And they got exactly what they wanted... a sales monster.

I thank you from the bottom of my black heart for any more info you may have. Keep it coming!

Information is power. $cientology will lose.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some very sad news.

I'm so sorry, my condolences to your family for your loss.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
willhaven720

Mike Martin aka Willhaven (the name of his band) has a Myspace page with photos, but he hasn't accessed it since July. He identifies himself as a Scientologist. He's also a semi-pro boxer.

He has a Wiki page:

http://www.myspace.com/mikewillhaven

Last edited:
Mike Martin aka Willhaven (the name of his band) has a Myspace page with photos, but he hasn't accessed it since July. He identifies himself as a Scientologist. He's also a semi-pro boxer.

He also has a Wiki page:

http://www.myspace.com/mikewillhaven

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Martin_(Will_Haven)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Haven

Yeah, that's not me. Just a strange coincidence if he is actually sci.

Nice to meet you all! Thanks for the kind words about my Uncle.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle but I'm truly happy that you've arrived here on ESMB. I truly admire the way you handled the Scn poster over on the Sherdog board. I think you may have made a crack in the Scn wall that surrounds his mind.

Welcome.!! :happydance:

Dark Phoenix

Patron Meritorious

Welcome to ESMB, Willhaven. Sorry to hear of your recent loss.

I'm glad you decided to join. It's a great board and a great resource.There's a lot of good people here who understand what you've been through and can offer genuine support.

Hope you stick around.

Ladybird

There are plenty of people with their own agendas on all the boards WillHaven.

You just have to sort them out.

Right now we have a lot of "tech lovers" here on ESMB, but please don't think that is what this board is all about.

Have you read Aaron Tweddell/Saxtons posts and vids?

Also have a look at xenu.net and the OCMB board, google or search Lerma.net , Marc Headly , and so many others.

I have been out and posting since 2005 as Ladybird.

It is quite something what Hubbard has done. Your voice will be heard Will Haven!

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

My condolescences on the passing of your uncle, willhaven. FYI - the Scientologist that responded to your excellent post on Sherdog is Randy Naviaux. Funny that he was unable to respond to your question:

"As a rough estimate, how much money would you say you have spent in those 30 years on auditing, literature and other services of the CoS?" He evades the question with " Not nearly enough! Seriously, I don't share personal financial info with anyone besides my wife."

You should have asked him who put him up to responding to your story (cosidering that Randy has only posted 7 times since signing up on Sherdog in April 2007).

BTW, Randy lives in Utah. He's a Masters Heavyweight in Jiu-Jitsu.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/randy-naviaux/10/18a/b53

http://www.facebook.com/rnaviaux

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/r/randy-naviaux.html