What's new

Hey hey Galactic Patrol - Welcome out!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Galactic Patrol has posted his story on Tony's Blog.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...vige-from-escaping-scientology-base-near-la/#

So cool, looking forward to reading more GP.
http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...-scientology-base-near-la/#comment-1234729947

Hi all. I thought it's time to let you all know the truth about myself.

I started on staff when I was 17 years old and lasted until a little over a year ago when I turned 43 and officially routed out of the Sea Org. I'm putting together my "story" with a lot more details as to how it was that I lasted that long and you'll be finding out more about me soon. I spent 8 years on staff in a Class V org and 17 years in the Sea Org, working mainly in continental management and later as a missionaire on Ideal Orgs. I did a full RPF program (more to come on that in future videos) and lots of other stuff while in. And despite all the BS, I'd like to think that in that time, I did truly help a lot of people. Not because of Scientology but despite it.

My name is Chris Shelton and I've been posting here and other places as Galactic Patrol for the past few months. For anyone on ESMB, I was posting last summer there as "iHateDuplicity" which is when I was going through the initial "decompression" and finding out the bitter truths about what Scientology and the Sea Org are really all about. You may also (hopefully) have seen my articles on Mike Rinder's blog and the South African "Getting Back in Comm" blog, which have both been kind enough to publish my writings.

Although I left the SO in December 2012, I was still a "true believer" but I was very unhappy with the direction the Church was going in and especially with the tech and Ideal Org programs. But I thought Hubbard still knew what he was talking about. I have since been disabused of that idea after many weeks of research and finding out all kinds of things that they simply don't let you know about when you are in.

You'll see more videos of me that I did with Karen and I'll be popping up in other places. I will probably continue to use "Galactic Patrol" as a moniker just because I like the name so much, but at least now you'll know who I am. We'll see. I may change my mind about that.

I'm going to be off and on-line today but I'm willing to answer questions if anyone has any. You can also email me at [email protected]. I'm kind of interested if there is anyone out there who used to know me who is now lurking or thinks they want to get out or who has gotten out. If so, I will not betray any confidences.

Here's to the start of my next adventure.

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Congratulations GP!!!

I am curious... were you in CLO WUS?

Yep. For many many years. I've got to take some moments and put together my whole story so I can post it here. It's kind of long as I was in for 27 years, 25 of those being on staff or Sea Org. So there's lots to tell. And now that the dam is open, I might as well let out the flood. :coolwink:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Yep. For many many years. I've got to take some moments and put together my whole story so I can post it here. It's kind of long as I was in for 27 years, 25 of those being on staff or Sea Org. So there's lots to tell. And now that the dam is open, I might as well let out the flood. :coolwink:

Awesome GP, you chose yer nick well I am thinkin' :cheers: I'd like to make a small suggestion that may give you some space to play around in and tell what you feel like telling, and that is to use the personal blogs section that members here have at their finger-tips, it is a nice place to get your stuff together and in some sort of archive. I have had a bit of trouble with editing there but hopefully any bugs will get worked out via telling the admins etc. But, for example, if you write something on your PC (MS Word or what-ever) that you'd like to share or just get it elsewhere, then you can C/P the story/article into your own blog spot, it is kinda cool and pretty easy.
Just a thought and I always look forward to people's personal stories, being the curious sort I are :p
Welcome back by the way, and as I mentioned already, I like the 'Galactic Patrol' nic.

:cake: & :beer:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Yes I recognize you and thought you were from CLO WUS. I was curious is you knew my ex-husband, Christophe Pereira. Last I knew he was at CLO WUS. I heard he was out of the Sea Org. I hope he is well. He is a good person, I think.

AnonKat

Crusader

Have a good run, allready got one star I see keep it up

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I met GP!! He is a sweet man - very kind and considerate. Welcome out GP!! Thank you for posting all about Ideal Org's from an insider's perspective! :yes:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Yes I recognize you and thought you were from CLO WUS. I was curious is you knew my ex-husband, Christophe Pereira. Last I knew he was at CLO WUS. I heard he was out of the Sea Org. I hope he is well. He is a good person, I think.

I'm sorry but I remember the name but not the face. What was his post? That might help jar my memory.

Gib

Crusader
Galactic Patrol's " I could Use Some Help" thread :)
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?34274-I-could-use-some-help

Glad to see he made a decision and is giving Int management a big headache, lol!
[video=youtube_share;e9MpC8efB7U]http://youtu.be/e9MpC8efB7U[/video]

Great job on the Video GP and Karen, Swift, Pope. :thumbsup:

I'm curious if when you started that Ideal Org program, if anybody in the SO or public you happened on, asked for where it was written in LRH policy to do such a "ideal org" program, and if so, what was the handling for the question?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey, thanks Knows. PM me and let's chat. I like to know who's praising me!

GP - you would not know me...I was public and "deemed" a nobody by the Organization - staff and Sea Org. I was only in about 4-5 years. I did not "donate til I was broke and bankrupted", therefore, I was PTS to the middle class! LOL:wink2: I thought the money grubbing Organization went crazy with the buying of huge buildings when the space they were in was empty...left after Debbie Cook's e-mail validated everything I had OBNOSED for myself...:whistling:

Aw man, when I saw this thread I thought Capt Bill Robertson was coming back to save the planet, I was getting ready to man the telescope to look for his spaceship... what a letdown.

Gib

Crusader
Aw man, when I saw this thread I thought Capt Bill Robertson was coming back to save the planet, I was getting ready to man the telescope to look for his spaceship... what a letdown.

just look for bright circles around a star in the night sky.

That's our man LRH. LOL