What's new

Hi from Tucson, AZ

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think this is the nastiest reception I've seen given to a new person who had done nothing to offend since I've been here.

I'm considering suggesting to Emma that @freethinker be sent on vacation. This is the first time I've suggested that someone be banned, but I think his behavior in this case is so extreme it deserves a penalty. I don't think he's going to see the error of his ways by himself.

Can anyone suggest a reason why I should not do this?

I agree with you ... FT is a good guy at heart (anyone who has been here for a while knows that) but he had a seriously weird reaction to a perfectly nice new poster.

We all have awful days and say and do things that we may later regret but to take it out on a new member is just not on and I wouldn't want to be here if it started to become acceptable or normal.

I hoped (yesterday) that he would see the 'funny side' of his reaction and apologise to Annie but that didn't happen ... and it should have done.

Annie Bunny

"Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.
Do not judge ESMB by freethinker. If you noticed, the abuse is coming from only one person, one of our weirder inhabitants.

Freethinker likes to troll people - pretends to believe the Earth is flat, etc. Just put freethinker on "ignore" and talk to the rest of us. Seriously, you are very welcome here by most of us.
Thank you. I appreciate all the nice comments.

Annie Bunny

Wow. Thank you all who are being respectful and nice. I understand a bit of paranoia in this site but Jesus I even started thinking He was from OSA making sure no new people get to stay here . Again thank you all.

Annie Bunny

Hi Annie,. you'll be out soon if that's what you want. But there's a treasure of information archived here on the site which has helped many.

And no group should be judged by the actions of any single individual.

Personally, I hope you change your mind and hang out here with us for a while.
You are correct. Thank you, everyone else has been very nice and respectful.

Annie Bunny

I may regret this but... :D

1) I've seen worse on here.
2) Freedom of speech is so vitally important, especially here.
3) I did not see FT imply the person was African American unless posts got edited before I got to read them. I saw him ask if they were a person of colour... that could be any colour**. **Disclaimer - I am not saying I understand even a little where FT is coming from. :D
4) I have to agree with Stratty (<3) .... put FT on ignore and go about your business. That is specifically what this feature is for.
5) Continuing to answer a trolling post and getting more and more miffed, but not simply sending the admin a note, logging out and going on your way... but continuing to come back and read the replies, just to get more and more miffed and make multiple demands to be deleted?
6) One can read the majority of the threads and posts on this site without having to even create an account. Lurk for a while. I did for a long, long time, well sort of long, Ok Maybe it wasn't that long... before having the courage or feeling comfortable to post. :D

Conclusion: (IMO) This person is either a) not tech savvy nor forums/internets familiar (even a little bit...) or b) is actually a troll as well and perhaps FT wasn't far off.

cd79c929978a7d8af9274c3cacf845acb241180e6d8e2dcb768b4d4944a6eeea.jpg
Bravo.

Annie Bunny

Why are you so concerned with closing your account? If you don't like what you see, just leave, end of. There are some really cool people here on this board and I'd really miss what we all have here if the place closed down.

Old freethinker loves a conspiracy theory. If you don't like someone you can stick them on 'ignore' and not be bothered with their posts.
Because I actually had the decency of using my name and after his trolling I started thinking this site might be filled with SO members still active. ( I might not be wrong about that) and I do not want to relate with them in any way.
Mostly everyone else has been very nice and respectful. I do not know and do not want to know anymore what might have triggered him like that .Mental illness is imposible to be fully explained .

guanoloco

As-Wased
Because I actually had the decency of using my name and after his trolling I started thinking this site might be filled with SO members still active. ( I might not be wrong about that) and I do not want to relate with them in any way.
Mostly everyone else has been very nice and respectful. I do not know and do not want to know anymore what might have triggered him like that .Mental illness is imposible to be fully explained .
Well...I was thinking about doing a third party check between you two and maybe a cassette of Can We Ever Be Friends but it would have to be before 2 pm tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
I may regret this but... :D

1) I've seen worse on here.
2) Freedom of speech is so vitally important, especially here.
3) I did not see FT imply the person was African American unless posts got edited before I got to read them. I saw him ask if they were a person of colour... that could be any colour**. **Disclaimer - I am not saying I understand even a little where FT is coming from. :D
4) I have to agree with Stratty (<3) .... put FT on ignore and go about your business. That is specifically what this feature is for.
5) Continuing to answer a trolling post and getting more and more miffed, but not simply sending the admin a note, logging out and going on your way... but continuing to come back and read the replies, just to get more and more miffed and make multiple demands to be deleted?
6) One can read the majority of the threads and posts on this site without having to even create an account. Lurk for a while. I did for a long, long time, well sort of long, Ok Maybe it wasn't that long... before having the courage or feeling comfortable to post. :D

Conclusion: (IMO) This person is either a) not tech savvy nor forums/internets familiar (even a little bit...) or b) is actually a troll as well and perhaps FT wasn't far off.

cd79c929978a7d8af9274c3cacf845acb241180e6d8e2dcb768b4d4944a6eeea.jpg
1) Have you seen worse directed at a new person who had just joined the board, who hadn't done anything to deserve this kind of abuse?
2) Freedom of speech isn't the issue. I have no problem with FT claiming the earth is flat or his posts in the Trump thread, which I seldom look at. It isn't about expressing a point of view, it's about being gratuitously nasty to a new person who'd done nothing to deserve it.
3) Come on, you know what "person of color" means. And then he calls her "Rashida," stereotypical name for a black woman ...
4-6) Just putting FT on ignore would work for me or someone who knows how the board works, but a new person doesn't and shouldn't have to put up with what Annie was subjected to.

guanoloco

As-Wased
1) Have you seen worse directed at a new person who had just joined the board, who hadn't done anything to deserve this kind of abuse?
2) Freedom of speech isn't the issue. I have no problem with FT claiming the earth is flat or his posts in the Trump thread, which I seldom look at. It isn't about expressing a point of view, it's about being gratuitously nasty to a new person who'd done nothing to deserve it.
3) Come on, you know what "person of color" means. And then he calls her "Rashida," stereotypical name for a black woman ...
4-6) Just putting FT on ignore would work for me or someone who knows how the board works, but a new person doesn't and shouldn't have to put up with what Annie was subjected to.

Rashida is for Tlaib.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
*Psychic mode right now.....*

*Seeing a pair of nuts, something to do with... a vise!*

Closing that channel, something that couldn't be defined as "Happy" here.....

End comm....

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've deleted most of FT's posts on this thread. He's also on a little holiday. I saw nothing in what Annie wrote that could account for his rudeness. Annie please accept my apology for the reception you've received from a supposed "free thinker".

I've received your messages and will delete your account if you still want me too. I hope you change your mind. Not everyone here is an arsehole. In fact 99% are really nice. I hope you stay.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yes, most people avoid giving too much personal information, especially if they have close family and friends still attached to the cult.

I don't think this site is 'filled with SO members still active', the members here are far from stupid, and such people are generally soon unmasked.

Anyway, you had a painful introduction to esmb, but now you're here I hope you'll stay.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Yeah. me too.

I'd like to hear your story for starters.

Freethinker's had his nuts placed in the vise (under the cone of silence). So you are safe.... for now...:evillaugh:

tesseract

Patron with Horrors
D'oh... :blink:

nope.jpg

Welcome! :cheers:
Seems you came for the fluffy white glittery stuff and perhaps some healthy winter sports, ... but what about staying for the boozing and mulled wine and punch and snowball fights? :read: :giggle:

Ofcourse, you could also do your A-E:
Asking other exes a lot of questions
Bitching about wee Davey (Miscavige)
Clearing your head (of any sci-bot language)
Drinking a lot
Enjoying life to the fullest
:foryou:

Annie Bunny

I've deleted most of FT's posts on this thread. He's also on a little holiday. I saw nothing in what Annie wrote that could account for his rudeness. Annie please accept my apology for the reception you've received from a supposed "free thinker".

I've received your messages and will delete your account if you still want me too. I hope you change your mind. Not everyone here is an arsehole. In fact 99% are really nice. I hope you stay.
Thank you Emma. You are right everyone else has been very nice. Just keep it open.

Annie Bunny

Yeah. me too.

I'd like to hear your story for starters.

Freethinker's had his nuts placed in the vise (under the cone of silence). So you are safe.... for now...:evillaugh:
Oh boy I better learn how to block him then once he is back. He is gonna hate my guts. Lol
I started in a very naive way.I thought it was just people pairing up at homes for co-auditing .( which I did at my place) got a small group going called the infamous 1800 # and screwed it all up.
We were actually having fun and seeing gains. Physical gains. Improvement on illnesses ( can't say cures) but I got recruited fast. I signed and a minute later when I asked if the "love of my life" who I met at the church could come too and they said no. ( lsd issue) I said. I do not want to go then. I was actually very sad the next morning but I let them brainwash me into fullfilling "The Contract". I believed in past lives way before scn so I felt like a fish in water until I joined the SO. I had a visa but no work permit so was sent to my country for one and oh boy did I get a nice reception there( Not)To give you an idea at the time in Mexico going to the RPF was something people aspired too. It was a big step Up. Basically being young 19 and naive. I also believe in aliens .Lol. Still but I never read batterfield and never really connected with the Xenu story and I definitely Never believed that there is Only one way out.
Adiyogi / Shiva said there are 112 ways to freedom, plenty to choose from. I read that lately. The SO made me be too cautious about too much loyalty to anything religious. The one I left ( and he let me go too) is still in scn .I told him some of my story. He just said, I'm sorry I had no idea. I realize. Now most scn will not see how they are indirectly participating in the abuse of others. It actually took me many years to look up videos on youtube even though I was not active but it definitely helped.

Last edited:

Annie Bunny

D'oh... :blink:

View attachment 15238

Welcome! :cheers:
Seems you came for the fluffy white glittery stuff and perhaps some healthy winter sports, ... but what about staying for the boozing and mulled wine and punch and snowball fights? :read: :giggle:

Ofcourse, you could also do your A-E:
Asking other exes a lot of questions
Bitching about wee Davey (Miscavige)
Clearing your head (of any sci-bot language)
Drinking a lot
Enjoying life to the fullest
:foryou:
Clearing my head from sci bot language sounds good .

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Thanks. So what is OP?
Original Post or Original Poster - no one seems to know which of the two it is exactly, but you get the drift.