What's new

How does the general public view the cult? hehehe

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
How does the general public view the cult.......here's an anonymous blog comment....it says it ALL!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

ENJOY!!!!

Posted: 03/03/10 3:57PM ET

My roommate Chris back in the early-90s struck up a conversation with this dude at the gym while riding the cardio bike.

The guy just kept talking about how the book "Dianetics" by L. Ron Hubbard completely changed his life - got him out of debt, got him off the bottle, saved his marraige, made him the man he is today, etc.

Chris was having some problems with his girl, could def use any financial advice (since he was drinking every paycheck), knew he needed to make some changes in his life so he gave this guy his phone# and said he'd be willing to have coffee with him to see what this Hubbard guy's shit was about.

Big fucking mistake.

They met and my roomie actually gave the guy his address to send him more "information" and literally started stalking Chris.

We're talking phone calls every day and shit coming in the mail about as frequently. We'd come home and there would be Scientology books on our doorstep with little handwritten notes about "reaching your potential" and all this shit.

Chris then started getting scared of the guy. I thought the dude had caught the geigh for my roommate and wanted his bod or something. But in actuality he knew he had a live one on the hook and was gonna do everything he could to get Chris into Scientology.

After a few weeks, Chris told the guy he didn't want to be involved and that the guy needed to stop contacting him. The guy did back off for a few days and then he'd started back up again. It was becoming a form of "religious stalking" at this point.

One Saturday at literally 7AM I'm crashed out in my room and hearing all this loud angry talking and shit from the living room. I get up pissed off wanting to know why the fuck people are being loud so early and Chris is in this guy's face saying "Dude, either you leave me alone or I'm calling the cops" and this freak is going on about "you're throwing your life away - you cannot deny the power of Dianetics!!"

I come up to the guy and tell him he's got 1 minute to leave Chris the fuck alone or we are going to beat his ass right there.

He is still screaming about how we are throwing away our lives.

We called the police right then and they filled out a report on the guy. Really fucked up situation. The guy backed off completely but not 3 weeks later Chris found a note on his windshield from Scientology Stalker that said he "hoped you had taken some time to reconsider these ideas that can change your life" but gave Chris an out with "if I don't hear from you in a week I'll assume you have thrown away the best chance you have to improve your life forever". Chris called the cops and they said to let it go for a week and see if he gets the hint but they'll respond if he tries to contact again.

Thankfully Chris never heard back from the crazy fuck.

Please do not get involved with Scientologists.

owl

Patron with Honors
caught the geigh?

i stopped reading there. not down with homophobia, sorry.