What's new

I was a Success Story Junkie

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I used to be a Success Story Junkie.
I would read success stories over and over about clear, OT and beyond. I loved the “OT phenomena” stories.

More so than anything that is what kept me going….Just arrive. Just do the process!

I believed the exaggeration as being literal.

Today I read Grant Cardone’s success story about Super Power and all I saw was an advertisement
, filled with 100% subjective thoughts and feeling and subliminal messages. Here was a multi millionaire saying how “The MEST and the money don’t matter” how GATII were amazing (when no one has really done it yet), how he “Knew he would be powerful for eternity”

How just by reading a line from LRH his whole life changed.

Then there was a subliminal advertisement for the new meter. He then gives the dwarf a virtual BJ

Then he closed with this exact quote:

Thank you Sir for creating the space, providing the auditors and staff, the creation of the phenomenal new E-Meters and lastly the creation of our one of its kind space ship built for THETANS.

I can really understand how these “Success Stories” really sell Scientology. In the old days I would have paid anything to get on that spaceship….to nowhere.

Then I remember writing success stories like that.

I had just paid $40,000 for an L, I was treated nicely by the higher ups, made to feel special, I was talking about myself for weeks, and acknowledged, I was love bombed. I also knew that if I didn’t rave about the wins that I would have to come up with another $12,000 to continue. So I wrote the story and convinced myself that it was true, not that I was just trying to get out of there.

I remember wanting to feel like I had a new life and therefore writing it so that it would happen.
I remember all the times I had said that I was exterior but really I just had a “light” feeling. But I got confirmation from the auditor and the meter.

I didn’t realize it at the time but I really wanted people to like my success story and feel “Wow I want to be like him” I wanted to be an inspiration and help Scientology. So (without realizing it) I wrote highly exaggerated success stories. And the more I wrote them the more I believed them, and I did feel good, and I was happier. But it was me convincing myself, creating it.

You don’t need a process to write a success story

In the end I could have just written positive aspirations, about the good that I saw in the world, cut out negativity. If every day I talk or write about how great my life is then I would have the same subjective results and could have saved myself a lot of time and money.

cardonie's suckcesspool story was enough to gag a maggot

OTOH...

many of the stories from advance back in the day i found to be intriguing teaching stories

there was one from '71 about a couple fresh newly minted OTs went to an angels game and dweeziled it so several records were broken...

well, i thought...

this is so barbaric an application of such power as to be downright rude

so...

my own dweezling most notably of the patriots and redsox in the overture of this new millenium is distinctly more couth

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
cardonie's suckcesspool story was enough to gag a maggot

OTOH...

many of the stories from advance back in the day i found to be intriguing teaching stories

there was one from '71 about a couple fresh newly minted OTs went to an angels game and dweeziled it so several records were broken...

well, i thought...

this is so barbaric an application of such power as to be downright rude

so...

my own dweezling most notably of the patriots and redsox in the overture of this new millenium is distinctly more couth

So you remember the suck cess pool of stories in the early advance issues too. Do you remember the one about an OT taking an evil thetans barbed tail and sticking it in the dark side of the moon, leaving him there flailing hopelessly in the dark? In 72 I was tasked with cleaning the piles of old org mail down in the org basement as I was HCO Control Officer in my early days. I had saved such a treasure trove of old Advance issues as well as old EP charts and graphs as I was an OT success story junkie from the word go. I actually wish I still had that box of crap as I'd saved it for years but upon moving to FL I had to dump all of that, including my full HCOB set. Those really were some times.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I used to be a Success Story Junkie.
I would read success stories over and over about clear, OT and beyond. I loved the “OT phenomena” stories.

More so than anything that is what kept me going….Just arrive. Just do the process!

I believed the exaggeration as being literal.

Today I read Grant Cardone’s success story about Super Power and all I saw was an advertisement
, filled with 100% subjective thoughts and feeling and subliminal messages. Here was a multi millionaire saying how “The MEST and the money don’t matter” how GATII were amazing (when no one has really done it yet), how he “Knew he would be powerful for eternity”

How just by reading a line from LRH his whole life changed.

Then there was a subliminal advertisement for the new meter. He then gives the dwarf a virtual BJ

Then he closed with this exact quote:

Thank you Sir for creating the space, providing the auditors and staff, the creation of the phenomenal new E-Meters and lastly the creation of our one of its kind space ship built for THETANS.

I can really understand how these “Success Stories” really sell Scientology. In the old days I would have paid anything to get on that spaceship….to nowhere.

Then I remember writing success stories like that.

I had just paid $40,000 for an L, I was treated nicely by the higher ups, made to feel special, I was talking about myself for weeks, and acknowledged, I was love bombed. I also knew that if I didn’t rave about the wins that I would have to come up with another $12,000 to continue. So I wrote the story and convinced myself that it was true, not that I was just trying to get out of there.

I remember wanting to feel like I had a new life and therefore writing it so that it would happen.
I remember all the times I had said that I was exterior but really I just had a “light” feeling. But I got confirmation from the auditor and the meter.

I didn’t realize it at the time but I really wanted people to like my success story and feel “Wow I want to be like him” I wanted to be an inspiration and help Scientology. So (without realizing it) I wrote highly exaggerated success stories. And the more I wrote them the more I believed them, and I did feel good, and I was happier. But it was me convincing myself, creating it.

You don’t need a process to write a success story

In the end I could have just written positive aspirations, about the good that I saw in the world, cut out negativity. If every day I talk or write about how great my life is then I would have the same subjective results and could have saved myself a lot of time and money.

Thank you.

Would you like others to have similar gains to yours?

:hide:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember when I did the Purification Rundown I protested that I didn't need it but they made me do it anyway.

After doing it standardly for weeks with nothing turning on and no positive end result I refused to write a success story.

They looked over my folders and couldn't see anything wrong so they told me I had to go to Saint Hill to be "handled".

I went there and was put in a metered interview with an OT VIII highly-trained auditor who told me I had completed a standard Purif and therefore I needed to write a success story. I told her it had been a waste of time so I wouldn't write one. She told me if I didn't write one then my next stop would be Ethics.

I wrote a success story along the lines of it being a validation that I didn't have any drug residues in my body.

They then let me go home.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Suck-Cess Pool Junkie!:roflmao::goodposting::thankyou:

I cognited on how this is part of the Scientology scam!

If you don't write a "Suck-cess-pool" story, you don't finish whatever service you are on. It will cost you more money and more time....Hubbard knew this - so you have to write a waxing enthusiastic Suck-cess story or you don't route out of whatever you are doing.

It is also used against you if you say your "wins" and gains did not last and you got worse because of Scientology. They ask you to check mark the box "Ok to publish"! Of course, you think you are dealing with an ethical organization that would never scam you - so you oblige!

The gains don't last - cuz you got 76 trillion years of engrams to run...then millions of BT's to get rid of. This ensures ultimate profits for the non-profit Slave Organization that calls itself a Church and does not pay taxes. The services are all rendered by volunteers for no pay (wogs call them slaves).

This part of the scam ensures ultimate profit, where they don't have to show any financials and the clubbed seals think TRUST is at the top of the tone scale so they never ask to see them.

When I read the "Suck-cess Stories" out of the mags - they were very vague! Like....I did all three L's and I feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof. When I was getting regged for the L's heavily - they sent me DVD's to watch of L's Completions waxing their enthusiasm about the L's. I thought to myself - they are speaking about this NOW, when they have been out of their environment, (God and the Registrar only know if they went into debt to "have" them) - so that debt will key them right back into the soup.

I thought to myself - I don't care what they say right now - if I am going to spend $100,000 plus and put myself through the Mecca of Extortion at FLAG - I want to hear from them 2 years AFTER they did their L's and get actual detailed events of how the L's helped them! Like - I made a million bucks etc.

I watched the L's come back from FLAG - and there was no change that impressed me. One guy quit his job, broke up with his staff 2-D, moved to another town and got a job in the same field for a competitor company. His 2-D was a doll! He caved her in by breaking up with her - cuz he thought he was better than her!

Unraveling the con and scam of Scientology!! :yes:

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember when I did the Purification Rundown I protested that I didn't need it but they made me do it anyway.

After doing it standardly for weeks with nothing turning on and no positive end result I refused to write a success story.

They looked over my folders and couldn't see anything wrong so they told me I had to go to Saint Hill to be "handled".

I went there and was put in a metered interview with an OT VIII highly-trained auditor who told me I had completed a standard Purif and therefore I needed to write a success story. I told her it had been a waste of time so I wouldn't write one. She told me if I didn't write one then my next stop would be Ethics.

I wrote a success story along the lines of it being a validation that I didn't have any drug residues in my body.

They then let me go home.

Sitting here reading this now, it's easy to say what you should have done when she threatened to send you to Ethics - tell her to take a hike. Not so easy when you're in the CofS though.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Thank you.

Would you like others to have similar gains to yours?

:hide:

We even used to mock it all when I lived in one of those classic $cin flop houses with every conceivable space carved up into a living space for someone. Sure knocked the living costs down. Some one would say "wow, good cornflakes" at breakfast and you'd get get a "joker & degrader" response "thank you for telling me that, would you like to go to the examiner"? That was in 1975 when I began referring to TC (Mpls) Org as "The Morgue". But I went on paper for that, but I don't paper train easily, LOL...

Lexing Jenkins

Patron with Honors
Like many others, I didn't write down why I actually felt successful. But it would have been something like this:

Today I finished the new student hat. I am so happy its over because this feels like the third time I have done it. First the basic study manual, then the student hat, then the NEW student hat... I am so excited about the golden age of tech because I like re-do-ing things and paying for them again when the end result is the same. Which leads me to this moment... I want to thank the sups and CS for not realizing that this is dev-t. I am always happy to slip backwards because I think actual progress is an overt if you didn't clear 80,000 words to get there. I now feel that because I repeated something to a wall for an hour, I have a grasp on the situation. I would also like to thank all of my course mates who are going along with this so they can give me check-outs. My favorite fruit is lychee nuts and my needle is floating!

Thank You
Hip Hip
Hip Hip
Hip Hip

Gib

Crusader
Like many others, I didn't write down why I actually felt successful. But it would have been something like this:

Today I finished the new student hat. I am so happy its over because this feels like the third time I have done it. First the basic study manual, then the student hat, then the NEW student hat... I am so excited about the golden age of tech because I like re-do-ing things and paying for them again when the end result is the same. Which leads me to this moment... I want to thank the sups and CS for not realizing that this is dev-t. I am always happy to slip backwards because I think actual progress is an overt if you didn't clear 80,000 words to get there. I now feel that because I repeated something to a wall for an hour, I have a grasp on the situation. I would also like to thank all of my course mates who are going along with this so they can give me check-outs. My favorite fruit is lychee nuts and my needle is floating!

Thank You
Hip Hip
Hip Hip
Hip Hip

I hear you. :thumbsup:

of course, you may not know this but probably do, but the standard present time response to anybody who complains about doing something over again, is

drum roll

number of times over equals certainty. :roflmao:

Lexing Jenkins

Patron with Honors
I hear you. :thumbsup:

of course, you may not know this but probably do, but the standard present time response to anybody who complains about doing something over again, is

drum roll

number of times over equals certainty. :roflmao:

I believe that too many times over equals insanity. I remember one particular metered interview at flag... "Are you over-run on TRs?" At that moment I felt like an experiment. I was doing the drills over and over and over... people watching, judging me. I was proud to be part of a pseudo-religious sociological experiment. I got three words for ya! Do birds fly?

Gib

Crusader
I believe that too many times over equals insanity. I remember one particular metered interview at flag... "Are you over-run on TRs?" At that moment I felt like an experiment. I was doing the drills over and over and over... people watching, judging me. I was proud to be part of a pseudo-religious sociological experiment. I got three words for ya! Do birds fly?

I was in scientology for 26 years and made it up to grade 0, read all the books and lectures

boy was I over-run. :duh: