What's new

LOOT!!

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is well known that LRH was a RockSlammer. Gordon Bell had access to his folders at St. Hill, and was witness to them.

L8r, Otto was "beached" for his wanting to handle them.

David Mayo, in Bare Faced Messiah, most likely VOICED one of LRH's R\S'ing statements:

'It wasn't just what I discovered about his past. I didn't care where he was born or what he had done in the war, it didn't mean a thing to me. I wasn't a loyal Scientologist because he had an illustrious war record. What worried me was when I saw things he did and heard statements he made that showed his intentions were different from what they appeared to be. When I was with him messengers often arrived with suitcases full of money, wads of hundred-dollar bills. Yet he had always said and written that he had never received a penny from Scientology. He would ask to see it, the messenger would open the case and he'd gloat over it for a bit before it was put away in a safe in his bedroom. He didn't really spend much, so I guess it was getaway money. I didn't mind the idea of him having money or being rich. I thought he had done tremendous wonders and should be well paid for it. But why did have to lie about it?

'I slowly began to realize that he wasn't acting in the public good or for the benefit of mankind. It might have started out like that, but it was no longer so. One day we were talking about the price of gold, or something like that, and he said to me, very emphatically, that he was obsessed by an insatiable lust for power and money. I'll never forget it. Those were his exact words, "an insatiable lust for power and money".' (Miller: "Bare-faced Messiah", pg. 358)

So there you have it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember when Miller came to see me when he was gathering data for his book. John Atack had put him on to me. I was not too impressed with the guy and found his attitude rather condesending. He was looking for anyone who would "dish the dirt" on Hubbard, rather than info that would present a balanced view.:duh: :duh:

Hubbard did have an obsession for power and fortune. He also had a very vulnerable personal side. :melodramatic:

When the "Tank Project" had been completed, contractors had been brought in to sdpray the tank surfaces with a plastic coating so that they could safely be used for drinking water.

I went down into the tanks with Hana to inspect the wiork and it was a botched job. Piles of rust had not been cleared away and the sprayers had simply sprayed over them. The coating was also peeling away. I was faced with the task of telling Hubbard. :omg: :omg:

Before I went to see him I researched different methods of sorting the problem out and came up with a far simpler (and cheaper) solution.

Hubbard was sitting in his office having his coffee. He never drank from a cup, preferring to have coffee served in a bowl so it could cool faster. I explained what we had found and showed him a piece of the coating that had fallen off. He sat there and cried like a baby. He was in despair. "What are we going to do?" he wailed. His face was blotchy and puffed up from crying.:no: :no: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I presented him the CSW on how to solve the problem which he approved on the spot. :thankyou: :goodjob:

Having seen a way out of the problem the old Hubbard came back. "We are going to get those damn SP's who did this". He quickly became vindictive and was looking for payback. Messengers were summoned, our Shore Agent, Mr Patras, was called from his office and revenge plans hatched.

I could have told this story to Miller, but decided he did not need to know.

Last edited:

DartSmohen

Now that Robert Mugabe has lost his election battle in Zimbabwe, I wonder if he had ever met Hubbard there. Probably not, Mugabe is black and we know Hubbard's prejuduces on colour.

Never mind, Mugabe could always put on a kaftan, turban and slippers and see if he could succeed where Hubbard failed, in finding Rhodes's buried treasure.

DS....:dieslaughing:

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
I still find that there are things I admire about the guy, but what makes me laugh is when he said it was an agreed-upon fallacy on this planet that you had to be crazy to be a genius. Hmmmmmmm......... :whistling:

Someome once compared looking for the good in the tech like picking raisins out of a turd.

That was truth ripping through 10 inches of steel.

Last edited:

DartSmohen

Someome once compared looking for the good in the tech like picking raisins out of a turd.

That was truth ripping through 10 inches of steel.

This works only so long as you know which end of the turd is the clean end. That is where your search begins...:yes: :wink2:

DS

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Thank you DS for writing these stories. Do you have any recollection of Hubbard actually auditing people? Did he do any good when he was auditing people?

Twin A

Patron with Honors
Dart,

Robin Lindsell blew from the Int base sometime around 1987. He had been working in the Film and Equipment portion of the Household Unit. He'd completed labelling and filing thousands of negatives and photographs for the F&E library. He might have been one of the team that went to Creston after LRH died, but I can't recall.

Robin did his A to E and was back on lines as a public when I saw him in the UK, at the castle around Oct 1994.

I found out from his nephew, Simon, that he'd died of Cancer sometime around 2002. I don't know much about what kind of cancer or anything, but at least he had gotten around to visiting family and all that before he died.

DartSmohen

Dart,

Robin Lindsell blew from the Int base sometime around 1987. He had been working in the Film and Equipment portion of the Household Unit. He'd completed labelling and filing thousands of negatives and photographs for the F&E library. He might have been one of the team that went to Creston after LRH died, but I can't recall.

Robin did his A to E and was back on lines as a public when I saw him in the UK, at the castle around Oct 1994.

I found out from his nephew, Simon, that he'd died of Cancer sometime around 2002. I don't know much about what kind of cancer or anything, but at least he had gotten around to visiting family and all that before he died.

I saw Robin in EG a few years ago. He was working on the e-mail and internet programs for the cult.

Twin A

Patron with Honors
You saw Robin in 2005? Maybe I was misinformed, or I have the wrong Robin? :duh: His sister is married to Peter Wakley, that's the Robin I thought you were talking about.

Maureen

DartSmohen

Thank you DS for writing these stories. Do you have any recollection of Hubbard actually auditing people? Did he do any good when he was auditing people?

There were some tapes of him auditing which were part of the SHSBC.

When you listen to them he was really quite appalling, lots of evaluation, lousy comm cycle, etc.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
There were some tapes of him auditing which were part of the SHSBC.

When you listen to them he was really quite appalling, lots of evaluation, lousy comm cycle, etc.

During the 62-63 SHSBC Ron did about 30 hours of auditing on close circuit TV, on different students........plus several sessions with Mary-Sue.

Most people today would be shocked at his TR's - but he was very relaxed - made the pc feel safe. The pc's were usually very nervous as well as being audited by Ron they were also being watched by about 90 to 100 students.

Some sessions were rough, but most were pretty good.

The TV studio was quite noisy, plus had lots of electronic zaps and noises - these were back in the old vacuum tube days.

Alan

Roland ami

Patron with Honors
When I did the BC we had to listen to several of his sessions. Indeed he tended to eval and inval but not in the kind of way that would upset the pc - it did sound like real communication. I always thought that those two items of the auditor's code were too rigidly stated - if you didn't communicate because you didn't want to inval or eval it was even worse than the eval or inval would have been.
On the other hand I remember at least one tape where he really did seem to bully the pc into agreeing with something or other; and he certainly Q&A'd a fair bit particularly in one session - I think it was dianetics or something like that. Still, he was *interested* in the pc, and the pc's case, and the pc didn't seem to mind.

How many sessions have you had where the auditor seemed to be separated from you by the formality, pretending not to react and keeping their TRs in while all the while showing that you were just another pc to get some hours on? I think I'd prefer LRH's style.

Roland