What's new

MainStream Society's Humiliation of Minority Spiritual and Religious Pursuits

Gib

Crusader
I'll bet they were.

Way back, 40 million years ago on the African Plains, L Ron Hubbard was trying to sell them an Emeter so they could go Clear and OT.
can you explain this tribalism, how does it come about?

I don't want to become part of a tribe, or maybe I should?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
thanks, the video doesn't actually explain how a tribe is formed.
I thought I answered that before, showing how L Ron Hubbard chased hominids around on the African plains with an Emeter, trying to sell them Clear.and OT , 30 million years ago.

You mean I still haven't answered your question?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I realised there is no such thing as a hero. It's perception only.
In real life, there are no pure heroes, nor pure villains.

You have people who do bad things for selfish motives sometimes, others who do what they think are good things which turn out badly, and people who do things which the rest of us think are good (but others are upset by). Often, it's the same person in all three categories.

Reactions: UTR

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, you've got your date wrong Alanzo, it was the Galactic Biological Survey 460 million years ago. They were checking in on their work which we call the Cambrian Explosion.

Ron was dismayed that he couldn't interest the shrimp in going free, but he decided to bide his time.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
The Facebook page “Scientology Deprogramming” is an incendiary open air cesspool of disgusting ad hominem attacks against Tony Ortega, Leah Remini, Karen de la Carrierre, and other good people.
Alanzo just provides the matches and gasoline.

Alanzo attempted, unsuccessfully, to join the Supporters of Leah Remini Facebook group under the false pretense of being a fan of The Aftermath, and when his sincerity in this regard was challenged, (he is most decidedly NOT a fan) he quickly changed the subject to criticizing Tony Ortega. He is a troll and a shit stirrer.
My condolences to ESMB...
It all began around late July. Cult minions were having a celebration of sorts in their temporary trailer, having just heard the news about "Aftermath" not being renewed for another season.

Then the phone rang. No one moved. "Oh shit, it's him." "Answer it now!" said the big minion.

The biggie picked up the phone, but before he could answer, out of the phone blared "PUT ME ON SPEAKER PHONE YOU ASSHOLES!" "Yes sir" the big minion sheepishly answered and obeyed.

"Leah and Mike are hobnobbing their story around to get picked up in some other way. WE CAN"T LET THAT HAPPEN!!! YOU CAN"T LET THAT HAPPEN ASSHOLES" shouted the speakerphone.

The speakerphone then blared out "What we need to do is to make sure no one in their right mind would pick up anything to do with Leah and Mike!! What sort of shit do we have on Leah?"

"Oh, we've got the usual stuff, you know she works in Hollywood. We have enough."

"I know, I've got her folders stuffed in my bedroom closet, you know, for ahhh... Security purposes." A moment or two went by, "No No NO!", ejaculated the speakerphone. "She has a pretty high Q Score, for some reasons only known to assholes, she is pretty well liked. Fucking wogs."

They all sat around shaking, and thought. They were all hot and sweaty from the heat in the trailer, the miniature air-conditioner had broken, and no one could manage to get a CSW approved after fifteen attempts.

After a while of sweating and tossing ideas, the new guy said "Hey, does anyone have any toilet paper?"

"Shut Up!" the speakerphone exploded.

"Allright you assholes, do I have to do everything around here? Here is what we do. We smear the ever-loving shit out of Mike Rinder. Those two are joined at the hip, and probably really are most nights, if you know what I mean. If we smear Rinder, we're smearing Leah. And when the new potential investors or any show surf the internet, they'll find that they don't want to touch Rinder with my ten foot pole."

Funny, thought the new guy, speakerphone guy didn't sound so short on the phone.

"But how do we do that" posed the big minion.

"FIGURE IT THE FUCK OUT, I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN HOLD YOUR FUCKING HANDS YOU LOSERS" and then the phone went silent.

After another long while of sweating and tossing ideas, the new guy said "Hey, does anyone have any toilet paper?"

"Shut Up!" the big minion exploded.

"We can post some stories about Rinder maybe. Do we still have those cheap shit religious bull shit news services that we own where we put out the press releases?" someone said from a corner or the trailer.

"Nobody reads those you assholes" the biggie bellowed.

The new guy then had an idea, "How about if we got ex-scios talking about it on one of the ex-scn forums?" Anyone searching for data on Mike Rinder, that ran across a bunch of the ex-scn talking about what a criminal Mike was would never then dream of putting a drop of energy into such a project."

"What asshole could we find that would be accepted into the group and raise those points to the point that is all that anyone ever talked about on that message board?"

Just then the new guy shit his pants.

JustSheila

Crusader
For me it was Arnie Lerma and Bob Minton. I was loyal to him and hated anyone criticising him. I got out in 2001 but read pretty much everything before I entered the fray on a.r.s, and it was Arnie who I looked up to, and Bob and Gerry. But then people started calling out Arnie on a few things, mostly to do with his support of Minton. War broke out because either Bob Minton was a turncoat or Bob Minton was a hero. No in betweens. No nuance. The critics of Minton were in the minority and bashed very heavily, but then when he gave up, all the piling on switched to Minton, except for Arnie and a few loyalists.

You may see it differently to me Veda, but that's how I saw it.

Minton was a hero until he wasn't.
Marty was a hero until he wasn't.
Mike is a hero, but his story isn't finished. I hope he ends up a hero.

I realised there is no such thing as a hero. It's perception only.
Aww, Emma. So cynical.

People are flawed and they are complicated. They aren't some one dimensional character or another. That doesn't mean they didn't do heroic things in their lives, though.

There are heroes all around us. Firemen and policemen who risk their lives to save others. Men who answer a woman's cry for help, women who support each other, parents who help raise their grandkids... the list is endless. Most are unsung heroes who just go about these things quietly and never toot their own horns.

At the end of the day, did the good a person do outweigh the bad? God only knows, so why dwell on it?

Phenomenon was a hero to me in many ways, but she had flaws. We disagreed on lots of things, but I loved her to bits. She had a big heart. (I really miss her. :sad: )

Most situations where someone can and should help are pretty simple. Are others being abused, enslaved, mistreated, neglected or discarded? Is it someone you know and can you do something immediately to help? Is it the sort of situation you've personally experienced so you know the story is true and one you can relate to?

Wherever there is honesty, personal integrity and compassion with a good concept of, and respect for, human rights and dignity, there have always been and will always be heroes.

I like religions that believe in God because they know no person can be held up as the full picture of perfection because people are, by nature, flawed. Even Moses wasn't allowed to enter the Promised Land because he was too militant. Joshua was a more social leader and had the right qualities for the type of leadership required then, but Joshua wasn't strong enough to get the Israelites through the desert like Moses did.

We're all different. All imperfect.

That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of heroes within and among us.

Last edited:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think you've ever really gotten it. Neither here on ESMB, or on Reddit or anywhere else - no matter how much I've ever tried to explain myself to you. At some point - just like with Scientology ideologues - you don't waste your breath on them.

Alanzo first began writing about Scientology in the mid-1980’s on the Religions & Ethics section of the GEnie Bulletin Board service using a 2400 baud dial-up modem.

He’s been writing about Scientology, both in and out of the subject, since then.

When Alanzo left Scientology in 1999 and became a critic of them on the Internet, Scientology fair-gamed him and sought to redefine him as a “Suppressive Person” and a low-life scumbag who could not be trusted, or believed, or loved and supported, by anyone.

So, seeing what they did to him and to other Ex-Scientologists who spoke out, Alanzo became an Anti-Scientologist and worked with others for the next 15 years to 'expose the abuses' & criminal acts of Scientology, L Ron Hubbard, Scientology Technology & David Miscavige.

Then Alanzo started noticing the same blind loyalty, and the same blind hypocrisy, as well as the same cruelty, in Anti-Scientology that he'd earlier observed in Scientology.

He then applied the same critical thinking skills to Anti-Scientology that he'd earlier applied to Scientology. And he began writing about what he'd found.

And you know what? He got the same kinds of fair game actions from Anti-Scientologists as he'd earlier received from Scientology.

This was a revelatory set of experiences for Alanzo. All kinds of things became much plainer to him about cults and anti-cults, through a better understanding of social science and a much clearer view of human tribalism.

Alanzo has now seen the human tribalism that makes Scientology a cult alive and well in Anti-Scientology, too.

Because of his long experience both in Scientology & Anti-Scientology, Alanzo feels a somewhat lonely & quixotic duty to be an asshole in these matters: He has realized that being an Anti-Scientologist can be almost as damaging to an EX as Scientology was.

Maybe more.

He's also realized that, too often in life, you can have friends, or you can have the truth, but you can't have both.

So that's what Alanzo writes about now: Critical Thinking on Scientology & Anti-Scientology.

A complete load of bollocks!

Glenda

Crusader
Aww, Emma. So cynical.

People are flawed and they are complicated. They aren't some one dimensional character or another. That doesn't mean they didn't do heroic things in their lives, though.

There are heroes all around us. Firemen and policemen who risk their lives to save others. Men who answer a woman's cry for help, women who support each other, parents who help raise their grandkids... the list is endless. Most are unsung heroes who just go about these things quietly and never toot their own horns.

At the end of the day, did the good a person do outweigh the bad? God only knows, so why dwell on it?

Phenomenon was a hero to me in many ways, but she had flaws. We disagreed on lots of things, but I loved her to bits. She had a big heart. (I really miss her. :sad: )

Most situations where someone can and should help are pretty simple. Are others being abused, enslaved, mistreated, neglected or discarded? Is it someone you know and can you do something immediately to help? Is it the sort of situation you've personally experienced so you know the story is true and one you can relate to?

Wherever there is honesty, personal integrity and compassion with a good concept of, and respect for, human rights and dignity, there have always been and will always be heroes.

I like religions that believe in God because they know no person can be held up as the full picture of perfection because people are, by nature, flawed. Even Moses wasn't allowed to enter the Promised Land because he was too militant. Joshua was a more social leader and had the right qualities for the type of leadership required then, but Joshua wasn't strong enough to get the Israelites through the desert like Moses did.

We're all different. All imperfect.

That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of heroes within and among us.
Nice! Thank you. I'm indulging in some Joseph Campbell work at the moment. I can see the hero's journey in many lives. The stages, etc. As you probably know (you being a fan of Mr. Campbell's work) often the journey is a very personal thing, not apparent to others in the outside world. I can name many hero's in my life. Our society has a somewhat limited definition of "hero". It is not just someone who saved an old lady from a burning car or who slayed a visible dragon. Hell no. It is the woman whose only daughter died and the way she came back from that to find some peace and joy in her life. It is the man who, over a period of years, had to bury 3x of his children. How he came back from that is an amazing hero's journey.

I am surrounded by hero's. None of whom will make it into a newspaper article, etc. But by God they have fought so hard to overcome unbelievable trials and then return to the ordinary world holding powerful wisdom. Changed forever more from the strange experiences they had to go through to find their "home". They have a tendency to share this with dignity and grace. True heros!

JustSheila

Crusader
Nice! Thank you. I'm indulging in some Joseph Campbell work at the moment. I can see the hero's journey in many lives. The stages, etc. As you probably know (you being a fan of Mr. Campbell's work) often the journey is a very personal thing, not apparent to others in the outside world. I can name many hero's in my life. Our society has a somewhat limited definition of "hero". It is not just someone who saved an old lady from a burning car or who slayed a visible dragon. Hell no. It is the woman whose only daughter died and the way she came back from that to find some peace and joy in her life. It is the man who, over a period of years, had to bury 3x of his children. How he came back from that is an amazing hero's journey.

I am surrounded by hero's. None of whom will make it into a newspaper article, etc. But by God they have fought so hard to overcome unbelievable trials and then return to the ordinary world holding powerful wisdom. Changed forever more from the strange experiences they had to go through to find their "home". They have a tendency to share this with dignity and grace. True heros!
Oh! You're reading Campbell! :biglove: Awesome insights in his work. Nobody ever, ever had the vision and narrative of mankind's social history and understood myth like Campbell. He was abstract but logical, noticed details but saw the big picture. His works are a treasure. :love2:

Yeh, I'm a fan, even if he may not have been perfect. :giggle:

I haven't read "The Hero's Journey" in a decade, but it was a keeper and I probably read it three times. SO glad to hear you're enjoying it! :hug: My favorite was "The Power of Myth." I still have that, even shipped it from America to Australia and back again. :laugh:

We know worlds others have not seen, don't we? Wisdom is hard-earned and you have it in spades, dear woman. :bighug:

Here you go, Glenda. This movie clip is dedicated to you. It even has China in it! :giggle:

JustSheila

Crusader
@Glenda

My two favorite Chinese-themed songs. I hope you enjoy them as deeply as I do. They have a special meaning to me and I listen to this CD (China by Vangelis) often:

Glenda

Crusader
@JustSheila

Thank you. Now you are making me miss China. It can be such a powerful longing. I grow old(er) carrying the strangest memories. Many are filled with awe and a kind of wordless joy. Others are dark and desolate. All of them were worth every second of participation. Integration and returning "home" is amazing Shelia! xx

JustSheila

Crusader
@JustSheila

Thank you. Now you are making me miss China. It can be such a powerful longing. I grow old(er) carrying the strangest memories. Many are filled with awe and a kind of wordless joy. Others are dark and desolate. All of them were worth every second of participation. Integration and returning "home" is amazing Shelia! xx
I totally understand! :love2: I have a special love for China, too, that I can't even explain. It's just in my heart, though I've never been (since i was born, anyway.)

So here's the main China theme (Chung Kuo). Powerful, brilliant. Download the CD, you'll like every song. Visit China again some time if you can, but if you can't, don't worry, it is in you and part of you and that's how it was always meant to be.