What's new

Seeking Scieno-stuff

Hautbois

Patron
:newhere: Apologies in advance if I'm breaking board protocols. I hope I'm not out of line with what may be an odd request.

I'm trying to locate two Scientology-related items. Ex-Scientologists seem like people who might know where I should look (and be willing to help!).

First, I have a Wiccan friend who, for his birthday, has asked for an ashtray that's actually been used in Scientology training routines (TR8, IIRC). His theory is that an item with THAT much "intention" projected into it would make a very powerful magickal object. I'm not completely sure whether he's kidding or not. I'd love to surprise him with one anyway. There are a couple of fairly big Scientology Centres near me, but I don't think they'd be willing to sell an ashtray to someone walking in off the street... or would they?

I'm also looking for a Clear bracelet. There was one on eBay just a few days ago, but it was sold before I found out about it. (Interestingly, the winner, "eths," seems to buy lots and lots of Scientology stuff and has never sold anything himself... Does the CoS have someone whose job it is to snap up every Scientology-related item that's put up for bid? That would suck, since it means eBay isn't a viable option for me. There's no way I'm going to be able to outbid CoS!)

I doubt CoS would sell a wog like me a bracelet. Any ideas where I might get one, like an estate sale or something? Are any ex-Scientologists willing to sell theirs?

Any leads will be much appreciated! (And thanks for putting your stories on this site... I'm really enjoying reading all these threads!)

HB

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
:newhere: Apologies in advance if I'm breaking board protocols. I hope I'm not out of line with what may be an odd request.

I'm trying to locate two Scientology-related items. Ex-Scientologists seem like people who might know where I should look (and be willing to help!).

First, I have a Wiccan friend who, for his birthday, has asked for an ashtray that's actually been used in Scientology training routines (TR8, IIRC). His theory is that an item with THAT much "intention" projected into it would make a very powerful magickal object. I'm not completely sure whether he's kidding or not. I'd love to surprise him with one anyway. There are a couple of fairly big Scientology Centres near me, but I don't think they'd be willing to sell an ashtray to someone walking in off the street... or would they?

I'm also looking for a Clear bracelet. There was one on eBay just a few days ago, but it was sold before I found out about it. (Interestingly, the winner, "eths," seems to buy lots and lots of Scientology stuff and has never sold anything himself... Does the CoS have someone whose job it is to snap up every Scientology-related item that's put up for bid? That would suck, since it means eBay isn't a viable option for me. There's no way I'm going to be able to outbid CoS!)

I doubt CoS would sell a wog like me a bracelet. Any ideas where I might get one, like an estate sale or something? Are any ex-Scientologists willing to sell theirs?

Any leads will be much appreciated! (And thanks for putting your stories on this site... I'm really enjoying reading all these threads!)

HB

I have a clear bracelet (silver). Do you live in the UK, and how much are you offering?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tbh, I am a bit reluctant to sell because it was a gift from someone who is now no longer with us after I attested to Clear, but I could do with the money to settle bills.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey Hautbois,

Your post is OK, no problem. :)

I've been a supervisor in a courseroom doing those drills. The biggest hassle is laying hands on a nice chunky coloured glass ashtray, preferably a square one with four corners (used for a particular drill). Usually one uses inferior ones. So if you get hold of such an ashtray (heavy glass, coloured--not clear, square) and go into a Scientology organization and offer to swap it you may get what they are using in exchange for free. That would be a more successful approach than offering to buy theirs, unless you offered a ridiculously high amount.

Some cautions: It's a strange request for them, so look neat and not like some weirdo. The ashtray they have been using may or may not have had a lot of use.
Don't give your name and address!

Clear bracelet: Well, good luck. You may find someone here with one they don't want. I have one that I haven't worn or even really looked at for ten years, but I don't want to get rid of it.

Paul

Last edited:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you an Sallydannce don't get this worked out on the clear bracelet, my husband may be willing to part with his. He was deemed NOT clear after being deemed clear, so he didn't wear it until we left the CofS.

I also have a "sunburst" bracelet. It's the one bracelet that anyone can wear in the CofS. My daughter and I had matching ones, even though I was clear. I'd be more than happy to part with mine.

Terril park

Sponsor
Hey Hautboy,

Your post is OK, no problem. :)

I've been a supervisor in a courseroom doing those drills. The biggest hassle is laying hands on a nice chunky coloured glass ashtray, preferably a square one with four corners (used for a particular drill). Usually one uses inferior ones. So if you get hold of such an ashtray (heavy glass, coloured--not clear, square) and go into a Scientology organization and offer to swap it you may get what they are using in exchange for free. That would be a more successful approach than offering to buy theirs, unless you offered a ridiculously high amount.

Some cautions: It's a strange request for them, so look neat and not like some weirdo. The ashtray they have been using may or may not have had a lot of use.

Clear bracelet: Well, good luck. You may find someone here with one they don't want. I have one that I haven't worn or even really looked at for ten years, but I don't want to get rid of it.

Paul

Its tempting to say " don't feed the trolls." But I also believe truth can be stranger than fiction. This would make a great comedy sketch, having a Wiccan go into an Org and try to swap an expensive " Ideal Ashtray" for a
well used one from the TRs course. Imagine South Park, and they could even have Tom Cruise come out of the closet to play the part of the Reg. :)
[ you have to buy the course and the ashtray and a meter or two.]

On an equally serious note you could twin up with your friend and do lots of TR8 on ashtrays and sell them to Wiccans. You could have a vaying set of rates for a two hour TR8 ashtray, a 10 hour ashtay and so on. :)

Wisened One

Crusader
Another idea about the Ashtray: You could go to a GoodWill or Thrift Store, find a 1970's style heavy square glass colored ashtray and spend a few hours doing your own Intention TR's to it, then Voila! Ya can give (or sell) it to him:)

But I guess your friend may not consider it 'powerful' enough since a Co$ Ashtray has had thousands of people doing the same drills with it.....

Good twin

Floater
Its tempting to say " don't feed the trolls." But I also believe truth can be stranger than fiction. This would make a great comedy sketch, having a Wiccan go into an Org and try to swap an expensive " Ideal Ashtray" for a
well used one from the TRs course. Imagine South Park, and they could even have Tom Cruise come out of the closet to play the part of the Reg. :)

On an equally serious note you could twin up with your friend and do lots of TR8 on ashtrays and sell them to Wiccans. You could have a vaying set of rates for a two hour TR8 ashtray, a 10 hour ashtay and so on. :)

I was thinking along the same lines Terril. I'll be happy to send a bunch of TR8 ashtrays to anyone who wants them. How about the chairs that were sat on during group processing? That should be worth a pretty penny. :yes:

Good twin

Floater
Another idea about the Ashtray: You could go to a GoodWill or Thrift Store, find a 1970's style heavy square glass colored ashtray and spend a few hours doing your own Intention TR's to it, then Voila! Ya can give (or sell) it to him:)

But I guess your friend may not consider it 'powerful' enough since a Co$ Ashtray has had thousands of people doing the same drills with it.....

Thousands Michelle? Nope, just the same handful doing it over and over at each new tech evolution. ( Maybe a dozen or so):yes:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Seriously? Just find an old ash tray and order it to stand up and sit down and say thank you to it. It'll be the same thing. :eyeroll:

byte301

Crusader

I'd try to steal the one that's in elron's office. Now THAT would be funny. Course the only intention it would hold would be evil. But you can't have everything. :eyeroll:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Ignoring the joke aspects of that post re eBay bidding, you might do better contacting someone who collects Scn memorabilia. I mentioned I had an Azimuth meter to sell and someone sent me the e-mail address of such a person, but I've no idea where it is now as I didn't follow up on it. However....

If you check eBay completed listings, you'll see what the current going rate is for various Scn items. But I don't recall ever seeing a Mark IV there. I used to have a Mark IV too, but left it behind when I moved to LA in 1986. It was kinda cute, but didn't work and I didn't feel like spending any money on getting it working as it wasn't "legal" to use in the CofS at the time.

Paul

byte301

Crusader
So if I put my old Mk IV meter up on eBay, how high do you think we could shill bid to get the best $$$ our of the org?

RPX, From what I hear $cientology has the e-meter auctions pulled because of copyrights, etc. But I have seen a couple sell. You might check ebay and see if they are selling any. I would shill for you any time, dude.:yes:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
His theory is that an item with THAT much "intention" projected into it would make a very powerful magickal object.

Dear Op - dig... it's BS. Just get an ashtray and yell at it and you get the same thing. people who believe there is "intention" projected into an inanimate object is exactly where this BS got started...