What's new

Thank God for the Internet

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
It wuz God who invented it? Oh. I thoughts it wuz Al Gore. Oh, wait a minute, it wuz the US government, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. So the military and the government are not all that horrible. I wonder if Obama realizes that.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I know of no such policy re; internet. I have read about implants and electronic screens bs. I know for a fact it is very expensive for an onlines scio to peek at the net. VERY EXPENSIVE. They should get their money worth. :yes: Lower conditions and amends not to mention o/w's, endless pts references and a review among other fixes to be sure.

True, once one has been to " The Dark Side " the future back inside the cult is going to be a long road of almost endless sec checks mixed with conditions and projects......and no matter what one does they will never be trusted again in that group.

The OTs made are the most powerful beings in the universe.....and they hide from every ordinary garden variety SP ? :omg: Something ain't working folks ! That 'something' is called scientology.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
So Gadfly, is you OT VII friend still in?

Based on my limited experience with Scn ethics (I generally kept my nose clean) I'd say the range of penalities for internetting range from Danger to Declared, with a possible expensive Detour in the hgc.

The most fun is when you didn't actually go on the net but you get to pay for and get a sec check because someone you never met wrote something about you on the net.

Aren't you glad he died when he did Hoaxie? Think what evil policies he would have dreamed up if he did have an inkling of it's power ....

Mimsey

Ah, the memories...The times I got a sec check based on a KR about me written by a person who had never met me.

And the sec checks based on speculation about what I "might" have done written by someone who did not know me but had "heard" about la-te-dah ( which never happened ).

And the best...a "confidential KR" I couldn't see but got to buy an intensive to be sec checked on.

......and the sec checks being done by a lower classed auditor?

Sec checks were almost like them having their own priniting presses for hundred dollar bills !

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Ah, the memories...The times I got a sec check based on a KR about me written by a person who had never met me.

And the sec checks based on speculation about what I "might" have done written by someone who did not know me but had "heard" about la-te-dah ( which never happened ).

And the best...a "confidential KR" I couldn't see but got to buy an intensive to be sec checked on.

......and the sec checks being done by a lower classed auditor?

Sec checks were almost like them having their own priniting presses for hundred dollar bills !

They need the internet for income! :pcpunch:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Hub the Turd in regards to the internet just flat out showed how OT he wasn't.

And ya'll do not go tell Obama there IS an internet or he'll muck that up, too!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
If it was not for the internet, it is unlikely that I would have left the cult.

Oddly, the net came mostly after I'd gotten out.

For me, there was a series of events happening and even some of my staunchest most steadfast scientologist friends confided to me they were suprised that due to what went down that I didn't blow a few YEARS before I at last did. ( and , of course, most of those friends later disconnected from me ).

Oh, before I made my move I told some of my closest friends what I was going to do so they could distance themselves from me before it hit the fan ( and it did ! ).
One of my haunting memories will always be that as I told my friends I knew that'd while they'd have to disconnect that I understood them doing it to continue on - and as I told them that watching the tears stream down their face as tears streamed down mine.

But, anyway, I'm glad the net came along and educated people on the cult. Yet the cult is still far more dangerous and deadly than most people care to realize - and that includes those people who have dedicated their lives to it or donated money to it.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The internet is the best thing that's happened re this Scn stuff. Some of us, like you, Toady, left before the internet became a household thing. Some of us left afterward and because of the internet.

It's greatly informative. It was so when I got on the 'net and is even more that way now.