What's new

Truth about Scientology website

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This site actually helped me clarify something that happened to me when I was on lines at Flag. I was getting a TE at Flag and was told X number of intensives for preps and X for elig, etc etc. I told the DofP that in my last trip to Flag I had been repaired for over repair and attested to completing my Preps. She told me that this was not possible. She said there is no attest line for Preps. I assured her that I had a certificate for completing OT Preps. She promised to query it but even so it would not make a difference in my TE (of course). Anyway, when I got home from Flag I spent some time searching for that certificate. I never did find it. I thought I might have gotten confused.
When I put my name in on this site I found myself on the completions list for attesting to OT preps. Thank you very much.
Wow another mystery solved; no thanks to the Cult of Scientology.

I've got one of those Certs, too.

They must not be issuing them any more because they want the preps to be endless.

More GI that way....

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
It would, however, be a simple matter for her to exclude the entire relevant pages containing the names from being indexed by the major search engines by either listing those pages in a "robots.txt" with an "exclude" tag and/or including a NO-INDEX tag within the header of each of those pages. Unfortunately, any pages which have already been indexed by the search engines will have already been cached and will remain available (although a request for manual deletion of those pages could be submitted - most major engines provide that as a service, although it can take a considerable amount of time before it's implemented and may even take several such requests). But updates and new pages which have been excluded either by the NO-INDEX tag or robots.txt file should not show up under a search. Of course, not all search engine services honor or recognize the NO-INDEX tag or robots.txt, but the major ones (e.g. Google, Yahoo, AOL, MS Live, ASK) do.

She could still link to the individual page listings of names from within her site so that they were publicly available to anyone visiting the site - the names themselves just wouldn't be getting indexed by the search engines and, hence, wouldn't be showing up in searches themselves. Her other site pages would continue to be indexed and searchable as usual.

If she has any interest and concern at all for the issues being raised by this thread, this might be one simple method of at least ameliorating some of the perceived liability to ex's.

exactly.....but there does not appear to be any concern for the ex's...eh? She has not responded to this thred, she has not responded to mine and others emails...so what does this say? This says to me that she is creating the beginnings of animosity and a new line of enemies - us 'ex scn's' , the very ones she needs info from to keep her databases updated.

...a case of 'don't bite the hand that feeds you'.....eh?

I for one will give it a little more time-if no response from Kristi-I am going to sue her for defamation -I am that serious about this. Being assoociated with a cult both personally and with business is a big deal. I made a mistake geting involved with the cult, but I didnt recruit anyone into it, and I have woken up. Krisiti appears to think that it is not worth her bother to help the ex's, simply by her silence , i.e. tacit consent.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
exactly.....but there does not appear to be any concern for the ex's...eh? She has not responded to this thred, she has not responded to mine and others emails...so what does this say? This says to me that she is creating the beginnings of animosity and a new line of enemies - us 'ex scn's' , the very ones she needs info from to keep her databases updated.

...a case of 'don't bite the hand that feeds you'.....eh?

I for one will give it a little more time-if no response from Kristi-I am going to sue her for defamation -I am that serious about this. Being assoociated with a cult both personally and with business is a big deal. I made a mistake geting involved with the cult, but I didnt recruit anyone into it, and I have woken up. Krisiti appears to think that it is not worth her bother to help the ex's, simply by her silence , i.e. tacit consent.

Not sure if you really mean you are going to sue for defamation or if you are just venting, but I'd guess that your lawsuit wouldn't get very far if there isn't any evidence of libel or slander...and if there IS evidence of this, it should definitely be documented and pointed out loudly, IMHO.

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
Not sure if you really mean you are going to sue for defamation or if you are just venting, but I'd guess that your lawsuit wouldn't get very far if there isn't any evidence of libel or slander...and if there IS evidence of this, it should definitely be documented and pointed out loudly, IMHO.

both. If there is cause from a legal standpoint I have to pursue it as trying to solve it amicable isnt working. Really no communication even with an email = ignore. So I dont know what else to do. Living with it as is isnt an option.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
no, I wouldn't know where to start--I am just not that exciting. :melodramatic:

Well, OK. I'm not either--why do you think I chose my user name? But at least you have the balls or whatever it is that women have to post some strong opinions here, so that is enough. Start a blog and post some opinions about something you would rather be associated with than a weirdo cult.

Search for "boldgirl" on Google and see what comes up. I know that isn't your real name, but it will give an idea. Search for a friend's name and see what comes up. A blog on blogspot (www.blogger.com) is free and takes five minutes to set up. If your name is Sarah Brigham for instance, name your blog that and have it at http://sarahbrigham.blogspot.com and it will come up near the top of the ratings. www.sarahbrigham.com would come higher, and costs maybe $10 a year. Go to www.godaddy.com, put your name in the domain search box (without the space) and see if the domain name is available, and if it is buy it with a credit card or your paypal account. And so on. Godaddy is pretty good, but don't buy stuff other than domain registration there without knowing what you are doing.

Get your friends to put a page about you on other websites. Get a YouTube account using your name and put up some videos of your dog or your car or you painting your toenails. It really doesn't matter. The point is to have lots of things that don't associate your name with Scientology. Practise with a different name first and when you're familiar with the whole YouTube procedure cancel that account and do the real one.

Paul

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
Well, OK. I'm not either--why do you think I chose my user name? But at least you have the balls or whatever it is that women have to post some strong opinions here, so that is enough. Start a blog and post some opinions about something you would rather be associated with than a weirdo cult.

Search for "boldgirl" on Google and see what comes up. I know that isn't your real name, but it will give an idea. Search for a friend's name and see what comes up. A blog on blogspot (www.blogger.com) is free and takes five minutes to set up. If your name is Sarah Brigham for instance, name your blog that and have it at http://sarahbrigham.blogspot.com and it will come up near the top of the ratings. www.sarahbrigham.com would come higher, and costs maybe $10 a year. Go to www.godaddy.com, put your name in the domain search box (without the space) and see if the domain name is available, and if it is buy it with a credit card or your paypal account. And so on. Godaddy is pretty good, but don't buy stuff other than domain registration there without knowing what you are doing.

Get your friends to put a page about you on other websites. Get a YouTube account using your name and put up some videos of your dog or your car or you painting your toenails. It really doesn't matter. The point is to have lots of things that don't associate your name with Scientology. Practise with a different name first and when you're familiar with the whole YouTube procedure cancel that account and do the real one.

Paul

ok, I am printing your post so i remember to do it. I will do it. But I shouldnt have to! WTF? kristi wachter should just do the right freakin thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I realize it's a 'grey area', but, I disagree. The completions listings have been very valuable, both as the only approximation of actual 'stats' for the 'Church', and in identifying various scientologists who prefer not to be known as Scientologists while they infiltrate social and political groups, in order to manipulate.

Likewise, the 'Scientologist Online' listings have been valuable.

I say it's a grey area, because most people *do* leave Scientology, and, it certainly can be embarassing to be reminded of being 'in', but, it's true. Should the 'Church' publish these lists? Probably not, but, they do a lot of things they shouldn't, and, the 'completion lists', along with the mandated 'Big Wins' are their Amway bread and butter. So, they're not going to stop.

Possibly everyone could be served if Kristi allowed commentary by those included, such as 'I left that friggin Cult in 2001 fer chrise sake!' or 'Boy, was I stoopid!', but, it'd be a backbreaker of an administrative job to do that, and impossible to check for accuracy. Add to it that 'leaving Scientology publicly' is a 'High Crime' and you'd have any number of people who would hesitate to even ask.

When Chuck Beatty left the Cult, he came under a lot of pressure *not* to tell his stories, because he mentioned actual names (truthfully) of people he'd met during his 8 years on the RPF and others from before, but, most of those complaints were deliberately arranged by the 'Church's' own mafia lawyer Elliot Abelson, and, intended to stop him speaking of *his* experiences.

I don't want to suggest any 'equivalence' here, but, the 'Church' has been running libelous web-DA-pages on me for 10 years now, and, it's something I've learned to live with.

If you show up on a 'completion list', well, it's because you were on that completion list. Scientology loves secrecy and every actual look into the internals is valuable, as embarassing as it may be.

Zinj

Good twin

Floater
Zinj, your Dead Agent pack is proportionate to the influence the church perceives you have over others. So be proud. Even when I was in, it was hard to wrap my thinking around. It was like, "Okay, so this guy is a loser criminal with bad teeth? What does that have to do with anything?"
If you like, I will tell you the story of how I was part of an investigation that was supposed to take down Patricia Greenway and/or Frank Oliver. I didn't know at the time that we were doing it and it backfired horribly. I didn't know what I had actually done until I was out and reading the internet.
:duh:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Zinj, your Dead Agent pack is proportionate to the influence the church perceives you have over others. So be proud. Even when I was in, it was hard to wrap my thinking around. It was like, "Okay, so this guy is a loser criminal with bad teeth? What does that have to do with anything?"
If you like, I will tell you the story of how I was part of an investigation that was supposed to take down Patricia Greenway and/or Frank Oliver. I didn't know at the time that we were doing it and it backfired horribly. I didn't know what I had actually done until I was out and reading the internet.
:duh:

Thanks Good Twin, but, I suspect in my case, it was more the perception of me being a 'soft target', easilly crushed than any respect for my influence :)

I don't mind the DA, since it so aptly demonstrates Scientology, and, after the original pages were removed (not at my request) I hosted mirrors of them on my own free sites. At least until the 'Church' got it removed :)

I'd love to hear your warstories, whether here or privately. I'm still hoping to get the 'ops' folders for my entertainment once the Cult goes down...

hard

Zinj

Stephanie

Patron with Honors
I would like my name removed from this website as well. I've contacted Kristi before and she has said she wants to keep the list accurate and so doesn't want to remove names.

I"ve been attacked at work and lost a job because of this. Of course I can't prove it, but my life was made very difficult once this was found out and spread around. I had all kinds of people asking me all kinds of covert questions.

I wish I could get my name off of there.

sp declared

Patron with Honors
The same applies to me.

I am a professional and in countless occasions I had to explain to potential customers my past connections to the church. I have my own site up and it is even well indexed but somehow Kristi's site keeps coming up.

I am SP Declared and 10 years later I am still sucked into explaining my past connection to the church... I wrote to Kristi but no answer.

People have their right to privacy and I feel that what Kristi is doing is not just right.

Lets put it this way: if YOU were an employer would you just go ahead and hire for your, lets say, finance division someone who was part of a sect that apparently rips money off from people?

Sp Declared

FoTi

Crusader
I googled my name on Kristi's site and I found that she had added a note on my name ...... someone had emailed her that I had left Scientology. I don't know the person that sent her the email.

She also put in my info that I had been listed with WISE several years ago, but then at a later time I was no longer listed with WISE. I have never been a member of WISE at any time.

It never bothered me that she had my name listed because there are a lot of other people on the net that have my same name. But there are people still in Scientology that I haven't told that I have left and I don't want them to disconnect from me if they read this list and see my name there.

I emailed Kristi and told her I didn't think it was right to out someone because it could cause their friends and family to disconnect from them if they found out. By doing this, she is bypassing the person she posts the information on and can put people in danger and I don't think this is a friendly action if the person doesn't want their info posted there. She may be pretending to be friends with exes, but I don't think she really is. I think she may have other motives.

Is anyone paying her to gather and post all of this info?

Does anyone know why she is spending so much time doing this?

byte301

Crusader
I don't know the motive but I have to agree with Zinj. That site is an invaluable tool. Anonymous uses it constantly.

I don't mind my name being on the list. I didn't mind my name being in any of the scientology mags on completion lists when I was in the cult. I was in the cult and I have to live with it now that I'm not.

It's a shame that the site has affected some exes in a negative way, but I think on the whole it is helping take the cult down.

Stephanie

Patron with Honors
that doesn't make what she is doing right. i didn't approve of having my personal info. put on her website. it does affect me, i'm going to abbrev. my name so i can get a damn job and keep it without people going so, what religion are u. giggle, giggle, giggle.

i actually was working for a gov't agency and they said, oh you can't be a member of that and work here. boy did i have a fight on my hands. they were coming at me from everywhere and just being nasty.

i bought myself some time with telling them to put it in writing, but when they want to get rid of you, they make life really tough until you leave all on your own.

Last edited:

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
that doesn't make what she is doing right. i didn't approve of having my personal info. put on her website. it does affect me, i'm going to abbrev. my name so i can get a damn job and keep it without people going so, what religion are u. giggle, giggle, giggle.

i actually was working for a gov't agency and they said, oh you can't be a member of that and work here. boy did i have a fight on my hands. they were coming at me from everywhere and just being nasty. i had people in the community bitching at my boss too. just crazy.

i bought myself some time with telling them to put it in writing, but when they want to get rid of you, they make life really tough until you leave all on your own.

really there aren't any friends anywhere.

Really? Wow! I have friends in lots of places. I'm sorry to hear that you don't.

And I couldn't care what anyone says or thinks about any prior associations I may have held. I joined Scientology for my own reasons. I left for my own reasons too. You always have freedom over your own point-of-view, and your own thoughts/beliefs, regardless of what others say, think, or do. It's called freedom.

Neo

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
I can understand the value of the site. Erasing history is something I'm opposed to.

But it has definitely caused the random rare conversation now and then. All in a business context. So I take them for coffee and spill the beans. Most folks up here have never heard of the church, so I take full advantage to brief them. :omg:

byte301

Crusader
I have only had it come up once. I just explained that I was young, idealistic, and dumb when I got involved. That handled it.

It's too bad that people would judge others on something like this but I guess it happens all the time.

Soul of Ginnungagab

Patron with Honors
The same applies to me.

I am a professional and in countless occasions I had to explain to potential customers my past connections to the church. I have my own site up and it is even well indexed but somehow Kristi's site keeps coming up.

I am SP Declared and 10 years later I am still sucked into explaining my past connection to the church... I wrote to Kristi but no answer.

People have their right to privacy and I feel that what Kristi is doing is not just right.

Lets put it this way: if YOU were an employer would you just go ahead and hire for your, lets say, finance division someone who was part of a sect that apparently rips money off from people?

Sp Declared

If I was an employer I certainly wouldn't let media reports regarding one of my employees' religion dictate my behavior towards him/her. Such reports tells absolutely nothing about my employee. Most Scientologists who I have known, and that is quite a few, were very eager to do a good job and that shines through on whatever job they have. An employer will of course appreciate that.

But I do understand that you can have problems regarding potential customers and it can be irritating if you need to tell the same thing again and again. But since you have got some experience on that I guess you are getting better on how to handle the situations. Quite a few people will probably find it exciting that they met someone who have actual been involved. It is like meeting something real instead of some media reports where you don't know what is rumour or gossip and what is true and if it is true whether it is only a piece of the truth or a half truth. Meeting someone who actually was in it can be quite a thrill.