What's new

If you could talk to a Scientologist today...

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
If you could talk to a Scientologist today, a public, staff or Sea Orger, what would you say to them?

If you had the opportunity to say just a few words or ask a few questions to get them thinking, what would they be?

I think I'd say something like "I know you have doubts, I know you don't see the results you are supposed to see with the tech, and there is a real reason for that. If you really believe you are "free" in Scientology then why are you not allowed to express those doubts without getting into ethics trouble? There is another side to Scientology and you owe it to yourself to find out."

Any other ideas?

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would ask: "Why do you think you are not allowed to talk to everybody about everything? I'm a declared SP what could you say to me, what could I say to you?"

Tanstaafl

Crusader
There may be a number of effective openings, but it's difficult not to be influenced by one's own issues. When I began to seriously question my involvement with the CoS it was the third dynamic that I was loathe to abandon - I thought I owed it. So my question would be:

"In your heart of hearts, do you really believe that Scn can clear the planet?"

I think it's important to get the person to differentiate between their goals for a better world and their loyalty to CoS as the only way to reach those goals.

A possible alternative would be:

"If the tech truly worked then wouldn't all staff and orgs be in a power condition right now? Are they?"

or:

"Is there anything wrong with Scn?"

I believe most staff are spending a lot of energy withholding critical/doubtful thoughts. They need a safe space to communicate those thoughts and have them acknolwedged. After that a gentle gradient is required.
So I guess, the tone of the question and the granting of beingness are as important as the question itself.

After all, we're not trying to destroy people's realities. We're trying to rehab their ability to look for themselves and arrive at their own conclusions, rather than just Ron's "explanations".

If Scientology increases confront and makes you stronger, why is it that you're not allowed to read/hear any disagreement?
If Scientology increases ones ability to communicate, why do Scientologists communicate less and less with the rest of the world?
Why is Scientology so ashamed of their own events and documents?
Why do the OTs running Scientology turn every problem into a crisis and every crisis into a disaster? Don't they have power and the technology to handle all this?

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
My favorite - and the one that worked most consistently is:

Do you really want to live in a Scientology run world?

Just let the person talk - the question will stay with them - one day they will be made to do something that violates their integrity - allow for around 3 to 6 months comm lag - they will leave.

One of the reasons this question works so well is it helps the person be bigger than Scientology - thus they will begin to see the consequences of their actions - it works best on the really highly trained people. :)

Alan

Last edited:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just let the person talk - the question will stay with them - one day they will be made to do something that violates their integrity - allow for around 3 to 6 months comm lag - they will leave.

Alan

Good one Alan! :thumbsup:

I remember when I was deciding if I wanted to try to handle my declare, one of the things that did it for me was realising I didn't want a scientology-run world. It would be hell and I suppose most scns do basically know that.

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious

Alan

Have to agree. Imagine the world being run like an org. Would you want the local ethics officer turning up at your door to sec-check you because your weekly production stats were down? Would you want your city to be put into a Treason Condition?

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Have to agree. Imagine the world being run like an org. Would you want the local ethics officer turning up at your door to sec-check you because your weekly production stats were down? Would you want your city to be put into a Treason Condition?

Yes, we'd have New Era Democracy and every time a government messed up they'd be busted off post and we'd all have to pay our taxes over again because the previous SP government had "squandered" all the previous taxes!

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron

The answer is a deffinite No.

The video that had the most impact on me recently was the one of Tom Cruise visiting schools,Prime Ministers and the fire men in the after math of 911.I think thats because i remember LRH and his speeches on infiltrating Top people and getting the Tech into all walks of society.

I found that frightening.

My question would be:
Not one person on earth can have all the answers to the universe,so what makes Scientology the authority on our planet?

Tamasin

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
Yes, we'd have New Era Democracy and every time a government messed up they'd be busted off post and we'd all have to pay our taxes over again because the previous SP government had "squandered" all the previous taxes!

How true!!

:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Do you really want to live in a Scientology-run world?

To see what that would be like, just look at any area controlled by Scientology today - like an org, for instance.

Is there freedom of speech there?

Freedom of religion?

Property rights?

Privacy rights?

No?

Well that is what a Scientology-run world would be like.

And that is why I am no longer a Scientologist.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

OMG! OMG! An alternate universe just flashed...

President Miscavige has issued a new Executive Order 65708 having found the US Constitution was inproperly transcribed he is now announcing a Golden Age of Government. The New Constitution will be reissued along with a new Bill of Rights, seems that too was messed up by some illiterate moron that should never have been given a quill. Evaluations done by him found that the Enslaved were leading the enslaved. The handling on this will be new drills designed to ensure perfect duplication of the IRS codes, taxpayers will file on time and without fail - they won't even have to think about it. Flanking the training side a fantastic special rundown, just uncovered (hidden by that evil David Mayo) The "New Tax Payer Rundown" has been discovered - the EP is confidential, but I can tell you, you won't believe the gains possible! And it can be delivered to anyone, there are no prerequisites.

I can't give you all the details now, its just too massive a release! You can buy your Golden Age of Government materials in the back as you leave and please be sure to donate for the Library Campaign. We need to get this broadly disseminated fast! The peoples of Earth are counting on us.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
More to the topic of the thread:

"Did you know that DM has had Ron's lectures edited to remove some very interesting things Ron had to say about how Scientology could be misused?"

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you really want to live in a Scientology-run world?

To see what that would be like, just look at any area controlled by Scientology today - like an org, for instance.

Is there freedom of speech there?

Freedom of religion?

Property rights?

Privacy rights?

No?

Well that is what a Scientology-run world would be like.

And that is why I am no longer a Scientologist.

Alanzo, that's really a good one. I thought about that myself when I was "in" and I didn't like the answer, but of course weasled my thinking around to: Well once the planet is handled, then there won't be a need for any of that - hahaha.

I never did like the idea that *I* was on the Scientology org board. What if I don't want to be on the org board!

I'm not interested in:

Having seniors
Reporting my stats by 2pm every Thursday.
Writing up my battle plan for the week
CSWing for time off.

The Bridge to Total Freedom.... hmm how does Total Freedom fit into this picture?

I think I need some word-clearing... I just went blank :nervous:

Lovesnightsky

Silver Meritorious Patron
The question that got me was on my first sec check and although I don't remember the exact words but it had to do negative things about scientology on the internet. Of course the first thing I did when I got home was to log in and do a search on [scientology negative].
I had no idea that there were negative feelings toward scientology before I got involved with it. In fact, the only thing I knew about it was that John Travolta was one and that his movie about it was crap. But I liked John Travolta and if he was one then why would I think there was anything bad about scientology?

The amount of information I got after this was huge. I talked to my sup about it and she sent me to ethics who interviewed me and told me it was due to MUs and Overts and was sent to the usual Leavings and Leaves PL. But the question remained in my mind. I bought all this. What I didn't buy was the order I was given to stay off the pages that had that "entheta" material. I had been ordered to what I could or could not read once in my life before. It was when I was 7 years old and I watched my parents books, magazines and letters and some of my own story books being burned by the military in Chile after a fascist military coup.
Still, it took me over a year for the comm lag to catch up and me to leave.

P.S. one of my books that was burned was "Little Red Ridinghood", cos it had the word "Red" in it.

Last edited:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Attention:

This is the NEW ERA OF THE GOLDEN AGE OF DEMOCRACIES OFFICE OF SPECIAL AFFAIRS!

Now hear this each of you who have posted on this thread have been deemed ENEMIES OF NEGAODOOSA - the following will go into effect immediately:

1. All bank accounts and assets are hereby confiscated!

2. Any person, business, or financial institution found to be connected to you in anyway will also have the same directive run on them!

3. You are to be ruined utterly - there is no recourse!

By Order of the SUPREME COMMANDER OF NEGAODOOSA

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry Negababy, but my bank accounts have already been stripped to the bone by Scientology. I poke thee with my Patron pins, You're welcome to kiss my assets. Bring it on TC - that is who you are isn't it? TC Supreme Commander? I know cause I head that YouTube Success Story, and it sure was impressive.

Maybe you know where I can get 15 mil for doing a few months work acting? I promise to Keep It Working - pffft - yes I do. {bows low before your supremeness}

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I get queasy and nervous just reading those words!! AND I DO NOT NEED MASS!!

Sorry to discomfit you Snuffy.

At least you aren't feeling kind bent and spinny with a stomach that feels funny.

Oh, I forgot to mention:

* Writing up your condition formula assigned to you by another
* Working overtime writing letters.
* Staying up til all hours stuffing envelopes or doing MEST work.
* Doing O/W writeups cause your stats are down or your senior is getting her ass reamed by those above her and wants to pass that good fun on to you.

Wouldn't you like others to have the knowledge you now have?