What's new

Time to say goodbye

guanoloco

As-Wased
A properly conducted exiling perhaps? Throw in some well done pomp and ceremony (the English like that sort of thing) and banish him to another part of the internet?

I can help with the costumes for the ceremony. Does anyone have a half-decent castle we can use?

I'd settle for a tar and feathering...crow feathers.

guanoloco

As-Wased
No need to worry about that, I haven't got the faintest idea what the KTL course was all about since I was long gone before that appeared in the (more ways to extract money from innocent sheeple) list of courses.

I will try and keep a lid on my pedanticism (is that a word? If not I've just invented one - get over it) on the new board although I am continually adding to my ever-growing list of bloopers, e.g: "Twelve years of Obama and we survived it and are going to undue everything he did." (freethinker).

No way! That's what makes it fun!

Wear that hat with pride! We've got a planet to Clear!

exbritscino

Patron with Honors
Thanks for everything Emma. You have been an inspiration with the ESMB. You must have balls of titanium to start something like this in the era when the cult came after critics like a pack of wolves.

ESMB and all the personal stories on it are a mine of information for anyone who wants to know the true side of the cult. Who knows how many people have been saved from joining, or have got out of the nightmare due to your endeavours with this site?

Thank you so much for archiving it all. The valuable information will now stay in place for all to see.

I'm not surprised that you are standing down. The amount of stress that the cult put on you at times must have been tremendous. You now have your future to consider. Enjoy your "You" time and happy retirement.

Once again, thank you for everything.

PS May I continue to stalk you on ESMB 2........? :cool::toodlepip:

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
No way! That's what makes it fun!

Wear that hat with pride! We've got a planet to Clear!
Not everybody likes having their mistakes pointed out to them and so I mainly reserve my correcting duties for those posters who have pissed me off for some reason or another, although that's not always the case.

Personally I'm always grateful if/when somebody points out an error of mine; I feel I've learned something and that's always a good thing IMO.

RogerB

Crusader
Check this out then @lotus.

These are all neighbours of our street and adjoining ones having our 'Empire Day' fancy-dress celebrations. That's me aged about four or five I think on the extreme left next to the girl dressed up as a bride. At a rough guess, this picture was taken around 1951/2.

Back then I could name practically everybody who lived in our street but these day's I don't even know who lives next door.

Further down the road on the left of the picture is a streetlight, and a man used to come along every evening at twilight and turn on the gas and light the lamp. Jeezus! Talk about medieval.

HYD49ji.jpg
So, Strattie, basically, I am about old enough to be your daddy:p

So, I want no more lip or cheek from you . . . just respect for age.:):cool:

But that is a great photo . . . those were the days of community . . . "Empire Day" where I grew up was when all we kids got together to collect old timber for the bonfire, and the whole extended neighborhood would come to celebrate with their fireworks and crackers.

/

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
@Emma The post search facility seems to allow only 10 pages of a member's posts to be pulled up, however many thousands that member may have written. Will this be remedied before the board is put to rest?

Paul

freethinker

Sponsor
Not everybody likes having their mistakes pointed out to them and so I mainly reserve my correcting duties for those posters who have pissed me off for some reason or another, although that's not always the case.

Personally I'm always grateful if/when somebody points out an error of mine; I feel I've learned something and that's always a good thing IMO.
Thanks for posting that.

RogerB

Crusader
Beard? You call that a fuckin' beard? You should see mine mate, I'm right up there in the ZZ Top league. :biggrin:

Beard? You call that a fuckin' beard? You should see mine mate, I'm right up there in the ZZ Top league. :biggrin:
Show, show fuggin all . . . anyone who boasts about his beard should show . . .

Mine is not a "boastable" but merely a response to a lady who remarked "How wonderfully soft it is compared to the prior bristly state." And, a gentleman should give the lady what she wants:p

But actually, there is a tale to tell :oops:

You see, ten years or so ago, I had prostate surgery so I could pee again, and during my recovery, the last thing I wanted to do with tubes hanging out of me was stand in front of a mirror and scrape skin and whiskers off my face. :( Hence, the next time I gave my Sweet, e'er so Sweet Virginia a big kiss, she was surprised and delighted at the pleasant softness of the whiskers on my chin . . . .

However, having some semblance of elegance left in my old bones, I so feel the need to do the Royal Navy stylish twist.:D

guanoloco

As-Wased

Seriously. Keep at it, it's fun. I have a hell of alot of fun with it.

It wouldn't be the same w/o it.

Remember GoNuclear, Pete?

I miss his song parodies bunches!

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Seriously. Keep at it, it's fun. I have a hell of alot of fun with it.

It wouldn't be the same w/o it.

Remember GoNuclear, Pete?

I miss his song parodies bunches!
You don't mind it, old Leland takes it on the chin and doesn't complain, but it's not to everyone's taste ; but remember guano, I'll be watchin' you and I'm ready to pounce! :biggrin:

The guys you mentioned must have been before my time.

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Got up this morning and got ready for work.

I drive 88kms to work, so it's an early start for me. looked at the clock on the wall, 3.40 am....time to go. Finish getting ready, grabbed the garbage for the bin and looked at the clock again.

1.48 am. Da Fuq? Friggin' old timer's again....

So here I am again until it's time to really leave.

Sigh, I gotta get a life...