What's new

14 yrs in the Sea Org

MrTampa

Patron
I am MrTampa and I have alrady posted my story on the exScientologykids.com - I am posting it here to let people know what is happening inside of the church:

I was born in Hungary in1976. My mom was raising me and my 3 siblings alone, we were never rich, but what we missed in wealth we made up with devotion and love for ech other. When I got 15 I lost my mom, one of my sister got so much schocked from the incredible loss that she got epilespy, and that was the time I turned to Scientology. I was looking for answer how could I help to my little sister, what could have I done to my mom if I had the technology? I got involved in Scientology at the age of 16. I was fascinated by its study tech and wanted to know everything - so I became a course supervisor at the age of 16(this is like a teacher or instructor position). I played very important role in the establishment of 3 scientology missions and I was well known in the church ( in my country) as a good instructor. When I got 20 a guy came from FSO and told me I really should join the Sea Org. He lied me a lot!!!!!!!!!!! He told me I would be able to visit my family a lot, the pay is good and most of the SO members get a car, he told me I would be a SO member in FSO but a bit later I could come back to work for the local OTL(local small sea org base) - all these were lies. Your calls to your family are monitorod by someone else (MAA) = so someone else listens to it to make sure you do not go PTS (this is the case in the FSO). I got vacation once after 10 yr and only for a week!!! you get paid 0-46$ a week(depending on your ethics condition), you get the worst medical treatment - once I almost lost my hearing due to being sent too late to see a doctor, but my hearing recovered by now. Once I was really sick, they delayed with weeks to get me the medication and I passed out during staff meeting. If you get a flu and you're sick they make you to do hard physical work instead of rest.

Anyway I loved most of the guys still - these pople wanted good for the rest and I was trying to do my best in course supervision (instruction)... A time came when everything went crazy. They decided to run the SO bases as navy camps and they were doing real boot camps at the base (I have seen one of my junior who got kicked and slapped in his face and got called "motherfucker" in the church during this boot camp), I was getting 3-4 hrs sleeps a day, half a pay because we were unable to recruit new personnel, I was assigned 29 programs so I did not even know which one to run in the course room, looked like everyone felt they were my seniors - for me in the course room I felt everyone should be a student, not an officer, but I got ordered so many times to drop this student - care onlyabout these two senior executives, etc, slowly I started to get disappointed the way the Sea Org was run. One more thing if you come from a foreign country the first thing they do when you arrive they will take your passport away so you won't be able to blow from the org. An other thing you might or might not be able to get a green card - if not you might get forced into a marriage to stay in the country (I have seen the cases of 50 individuals on this!!!! ) They won't let you to leave - I have seen people on leaving line sometimes for 2 yrs before they were let to leave. I have seen SP declearations 2-3 times a week of very well known scientologists. My ideal Debbie Cook Captain FSO blew from church too with her husband! The food, the pay, you clothing is terrible, you might sleep in a room with 5 other people and if you added up with the other room you might have 10 people for one bathroom. You get mistreated many times - you did good on the week but you made someone pissed off - you might winding up washing dishes 'till 4 AM and have to wake up at 6:00 AM. You have a little chance (close to zero) to become Class XII or get auditing, because most of the times even the higest level execs don't get auditing. Anyway, I came back from vacation - with two passport (one expired and a n ew one) and when they asked me to hand it over I gave them the expired one (in the OSA there was no Hungarian staff, they could not read my passport), and I hid the other one. I started hiding stuff, bringing over clothes, etc to the training room and hiding them over a ciling tile in a bag, and I bought a luggage, slowly i was getting enough stuff to be able to blow - 3 months hiding and preparing (I did not want to go to ethics room and wait there for yrs like others to leave). I saved every penny and I got 500 $ at the end. In breaktime when I said I would go to Walgreens for medicine I got papers and I kept searching for cheap apartments and job and was making phone calls from a nearby post office (in SO uniform !! ). then came my prison break style escape. I hit the circuitbreaker breakers of the building and I knew all of the cameras of the buidling would be down and made a run from the back door to the bus station. I took the first incoming bus. Do not take taxi cab! many drivers are scientologist in Clearwater and they might take you back to the church and you might get sentenced to RPF! Do take the bus! I wound up in Largo, from there I took a bus to Tampa. Usualy for two weeks after a SO members blows disguised SO members are hiding in Tampa Airport trying to catchhim/her (I knew most of the staff really well, I knew most of the caught cases really well). So I was hiding in a cheap place, got a temporary job and applied for the army. Due to a previous injury in the SO I failed on the military entrance, but I gained a lot time during the application process, and they gave up on finding me - I got back to Tampa, got a cheap place again, started a temporary job, then better job, then a better one, then a better one...Now I live here nearby, decleared, but indepenendent and free. I work as a chemistrist and searching for answers - why did this happen?

Last edited:

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Mr. Tampa it is a sad story indeed and more because you are a foreigner. I would like to know if there is any way we can help people who want to leave and how.

Diana

Cherished

Wow, MrTampa.

I never cease to be horrified at what goes wrong in the Sea Org. It's so horrible.

I'm really glad you're out. How long (approximately) have you been out? Tell us what you can. I had never heard that about the Florida taxi-drivers. How did you know this? Were you on security?

Anyway, I hope the questions don't put you off. You are welcome, most welcome.

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
I already welcomed you in another thread, but since this is your official introduction to ESMB, I want to say :welcome: once again, Mr. Tampa!

Tim Skog

Welcome to ESMB MrTampa. I am glad you survived the ordeal of being in the Sea Org. I spent a little over two years in the SO before I blew. It sounds like you suffered a lot more hardship than I did.

I don't know how to answer your question, "why did this happen." The SO is just a really fucked up thing to have to experience and I'm glad you made it out.

I am glad you are here and I look forward to hearing more from you. :welcome:

MrTampa

Patron
Thankx- I have been out for 5 yrs (first year consisted of running away).

re: taxicabs - Christian Winter FSO book selling officer was trying to get to the airport and got to the taxi. He told him to go to the airport. the dude saw him in Sea Ord uniform and realized what is going on - Christian wanted to escape. He alerted security and Christian was sent to EPF, physical labor and lower conditions. I have read reports etc as a supervisor for most of the staff there so I knew the case pretty well. That cab driver is almost all the time around the Fort Harrison building - so better to take a bus if someone plans to escape from Clearwater.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: MrTampa - glad you can be here free and tell your story.

I hope it helps to wake others up to what really happens at "The Friendliest Place in the Universe."

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
snipped

...Now I live here nearby, decleared, but indepenendent and free. I work as a chemistrist and searching for answers - why did this happen?

I have no real answer for that question MrTampa but similar stories abound here at ESMB and you are not alone, they do seem to recruit people more easily when they are at a low point in life.

You sound as though you have done a brilliant job of fixing things and I wish you and your family all good things.

Welcome to our party.

:bighug:

byte301

Crusader
Welcome Mr. Tampa!

Wow, what an experience you had at the hands of scientology.

Why did it happen? It happened because too many good people did nothing to stop it from happening.

Hopefully that wrong is getting righted. Too late for you but we may save some others the horrible experience you went through.

You sound like a very intelligent person getting the hell out of there like you did. I think your are going to have a very successful life! :yes:

I am looking forward to more stories from you.

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
MrTampa,

Welcome to ESMB with all my heart.

You've had a horrendous experience.

Is your family still in Hungary? How is your sister doing? Do you have plans to bring your family over?

Just asking because I care.

Best of luck to you now with your new friends on ESMB. Keep us posted on how things are working out.

:hug::console: -PWC

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Anyone who tries to keep an adult human being somewhere where that person does not want to be should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I always feel very furious when I hear of anyone in the cult even implying for one nanosecond that a person wanting out cannot or should not leave. It just makes my blood boil. How dare they.

Kutta

Hi Mr Tampa, and a very warm welcome to you. Your story brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad you are out and free. I'm a little worried about your sisters. Are they okay?

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: to the board!

Thank-you for posting this, Mr Tampa. We have heard stories of FSO recruiting foreigners and holding them against their will. People who do not know the laws in the USA and often are in the country without a green card are more vulnerable. We have also heard that all the phones in FSO are programmed to route 911 calls to security rather than emergency switchboard! Also, a number of the Clearwater off duty police work as security for Flag, so it's kinds like asking your prison guard to help you escape.

If you feel up to it, Tobin and Childs at the St Petersberg Times have been doing a series of articles on Scientology and would love to talk to you. You are right in exposing this practice. The only way it is going to stop is by exposing it so thoroughly that public outrage demands a stop to it.

I am very glad you are now out and free and doing well in life.

Cadetification

Patron with Honors
Thankx- I have been out for 5 yrs (first year consisted of running away).

re: taxicabs - Christian Winter FSO book selling officer was trying to get to the airport and got to the taxi. He told him to go to the airport. the dude saw him in Sea Ord uniform and realized what is going on - Christian wanted to escape. He alerted security and Christian was sent to EPF, physical labor and lower conditions. I have read reports etc as a supervisor for most of the staff there so I knew the case pretty well. That cab driver is almost all the time around the Fort Harrison building - so better to take a bus if someone plans to escape from Clearwater.

I remember when that happened- so sad! :no:

FoTi

Crusader
Welcome Mr. Tampa. Thank you for your introduction. Glad you decided to join us.

What is a chemistrist?

MrTampa

Patron
Thanks - I go home every two yrs. My sister is doing way better and she is just about to complete high school. She got some therapy (not Scn) and it did work, she seems to be symptomfree. When I go home and I come back to Tampa it is a lot of emotion .... hard ... If they had not fouled me with Scientology I would be a happy scientist at home (I was really good in college), but they almost totally stole my life. I am now US resident -I have a job and apartment here, can not really go back ... But I will make the best out of what is left. Now I have stable friends, stable workplace, some future - and I 'vereconnected to my family. We email or call each other now almost on a weekly basis. So things are better ...:)

MrTampa

Patron
chemistrist - sorry - chemyst i meant I guess the right word in English - someone whose profession has to do with chemistry. Well, that is my job, chemicals and calculations and mixing and calculating and trying not to mess up :)

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: MrTampa. This is the first I heard of enforced marriages to get green cards.
US resident -I have a job and apartment here, can not really go back ... But I will make the best out of what is left. Now I have stable friends, stable workplace, some future - and I 'vereconnected to my family. We email or call each other now almost on a weekly basis. So things are better ...:)
I'm glad you are doing well now. But why couldn't you go back home if you wanted to?

MrTampa

Patron
to kokaboora

you may be right - I am affraid of a bit if they get me at my workplace .... I will think about it .... I know quite a few people who were in the same shoes too so I would not speak up alone ....

MrTampa

Patron
to happygirl

it was a common problem that most of the Sea Org staff are foreign and they visa could expire at any time. There was a list where they monitored these people (usually by OSA and Establishment Officer Network sometimes too), and they were searching for candidate husbands and wives for the foreign scientologists. you had two choices a) get married to get green card b) go to an FSC office to the end of the world - what is a hell too (less pay, being forgotten, etc and you might live your reaining life may be in South Africa in the org, etc)