What's new

almost out

almostout

Hi,

I am almost out. That is my screen name for now, and my reality and postulate.

I am looking for information on getting some of my money on account back, but the search function just gives me every use of the word refund in chronological order instead of by relevance! I know I have seen posts here when I wasnt registered, but cant find them now. Anyone remember them?

I dont hate scientology or anything, but it is not like it is supposed to be. This is a hard decision for me, but you will notice I didnt call myself "indoubt"!

Thankyou.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some advice...

Relax, yawn once in a while...fart in the "org's" general direction :p it's not all that serious. :no:

I am sure links to the info you are looking for will appear here in good time. :yes:

And, in my opinion and experience, it is good to remember and hold the viewpoint that "money is a renewable resource". :wink2:

:welcome::wave:

EP

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
There are many fine links to getting repayments. Do not forget the IAS $$ !

If you do not find the links or no one post them here then PM me and I'll send you a list of links.

There are proven ways to get $$ back and there are proven ways for them to turn you into a rat on a tradmill.

Listen to the people who coached others on getting a whole of $$$ out of those bastards.

I look forward to do you doing a Happy Dance after their check clears your bank !!!!

ScnRebel

Patron
Here is a thread that goes into Refunds:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=15471

I got all my money on account back from ANZO, Flag and Joburg. It was quite simple. Get the routing form, submit all of the data, send it to Claims Verification Board, they OK it, you get your money back. Once they OK it, it then takes the time for the Org to make the money and give it back to you. This can take a long time. With Flag and ANZO, I had my cheque within a week. With Joburg it took quite a while, even though it was a small amount.

You can refuse all handlings on the routing form. It is your right. You will have to get someone in accounts to submit a statement that the money is actually on account. The only waiver you will have to sign is that you will not claim anything further.

Also realise that it is your responsibility to get the Routing Form, not the staff members. So you keep it, you take it through the line. You get the points done. You send it to CVB (Claims Verification Board). Don't send it registered mail, as they are not allowed to accept registered mail. Don't leave it with a staff member. It will get lost. The person to speak to about it is the Keeper of Tech. If there is no-one on that post, the next best thing is the LRH Communicator. Don't bother with regges, Div 6, Chaplains. Go to the person who will make it happen and want you off their lines as fast as possible.

You can threaten legal. Just realise that you then get put on another line, and you may not get your money back. You go onto the OSA line if you threaten. The OSA line wants to fight. The CVB line wants you off the line. The CVB is a sure way to get it back. A lot of people on this site say you should threaten, but I see some of them are still waiting for their money. If you go through the CVB line, the Org has to pay. They may still take their time, but they will take the time anyway. Maybe hold out on threatening legal till after you have the CVB OK if it does take too long.

Good luck.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
Maybe there should be a subforum here like Getting Your Money Back From The CoS or something where threads of that nature could be grouped together and be easily found by those who would benefit from it.
Or maybe a featured thread in the Leaving the Church subforum. Whatever is cool with Admin.
So many people are leaving now.

Welcome, almostout. :)
Congratulations on your decision.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I am looking for information on getting some of my money on account back, but the search function just gives me every use of the word refund in chronological order instead of by relevance! I know I have seen posts here when I wasnt registered, but cant find them now. Anyone remember them?

These are the best ones on ESMB, in my opinion. Make very sure you know the difference between refund (money back after service taken) and repayment (money back without it being used). They are *not* interchangeable in the CofS.

Thetanic 20080920 Leverage against IAS
Tookmeawhile 20081107 "How I got my IAS refund" Part 1
Tookmeawhile 20081107 "How I got my IAS refund" Part 2
Tookmeawhile 20081107 "How I got my IAS refund" Part 3
Tookmeawhile 20081107 "How I got my IAS refund" Part 4

Tookmeawhile 20081107 Reporting refunds/repayments to the IRS
Kathy (ImOut) 20081107 Neat way to get a statement of account from an org
Kathy (ImOut) 20081108 Send mail to CofS Delivery Confirmation not Registered Mail
Tookmeawhile 20081121 Greg and Debra Barnes successful IAS refund
Kathy (ImOut) 20090415 No attorney. Don't do Routing Form

Ted 20090416 What a refund/repayment means to a local org
Feral 20090416 Don't go into the org at all
Kathy (ImOut) 20090713 Refund and repayment are different
Kathy (ImOut) 20090716 The letter that has gotten more than $400K repaid from the CofS
Kathy (ImOut) 20091111 Additional info

Dulloldfart 20091223 Pro-rating unused intensive hours
Feral 20100121 IAS multi-party law suit, 50+ plaintiffs
AnonKat 20100527 Different names for the IAS in different places

Paul

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
DOF, thank you. That was the list I had in mind.

OP, I have been involved in several of these things and gotten money back.

Just bear in mind they do NOT play by their own rules IMHO.

As long as they feel you can be handled, they can get you in the org, etc - it ain't gonna happen.

Each is different. Sometimes KOT is the way correct. Sometimes OSA is the correct way.

My experience has been you MUST be willing to escalate and when you say you will and you don't they have out bluffed you and you're in for a long -if not endless - trip.

Never mind 'why' but it has become more difficult to get money back - the ship being the slowest.

It is a balancing act of does the org not have the funds or are they jacking me around.

If I had it to do over again I'd have a lawyer write the letter(s) and have firm dates they had to pay by.

If it is an advance payment they know they made written agreements with the IRS in 1993 to get tax exempt status. They also do NOT want to go to court on a repayment as they will have to pay it ( public black eye and legal precident ) maybe interest, maybe treble danmages for BAD FAITH and perhaps your legal costs, too.

Oh, this shit takes patience.... lots of it. Keep a GOOD paper trail.

Never fear to sue the bastards to get YOUR money back :)

Last edited:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would have to disagree with ScnRebel on this.

I went the CVB route, filled it in, got it countersigned by all the right ‘terminals’ and then sent it off to the CVB in LA. This was at St Hill and I was assured that I would get my money within 1 – 2 weeks.

So, 2 weeks went by and I hadn’t heard anything. So I phoned the LC, who had introduced herself to me a couple of weeks before and told me that she would be personally overseeing the cycle and if there were any problems I was to call her. But, when I phoned, she was never available to take my call. She never returned my calls either.

So I tried to contact other people at the org and got the same result. Incensed by their hypocrisy and duplicity I contacted a lawyer and wrote up all the details along with all my receipts. They sent the org a letter demanding repayment. No reply.

So, I started writing to my MP, the local paper, the BBC, Town Mayor, Trading Standards – everyone I could think of. Then, I sent a letter straight to OSA telling them what I had done and adding that I was looking forward to seeing them in court.

Magically, a couple of days later, I got a text from the ED of the org telling me that they would be paying me my money back! Then, I got a form to fill in, which was basically a waiver saying that I would get my money back if I agreed to never speak about Scientology to anyone ever again, never sue the CoS or in fact doing anything ‘contrary’ to it’s interests and never help anyone who wanted to sue the CoS either.

I refused to do this and instead wrote my own waiver which essentially was a receipt for the money still on account and that the matter would be settled on receipt of this money.

By their own policy, they have to refund any money on account. But, as we know, they don’t always follow their own policy.

My advice would be to:

1. Get a full up to date statement and check it. If it doesn’t match your expectations, pursue it until it does. It is important that you get them to confirm in writing how much money is in your account.

2. Formally request a refund, in writing. Use registered post as required.

3. Once they have received the refund request, give them a little time to process and then contact them again to ask them when you can expect repayment and point out that per their own policy it must be PROMPT. Tie them down to a specific time period e.g. 2 weeks.

4. You can start their CVB form if you wish, but remember that you don’t have to do the steps, you are doing them a favour, not the other way around.

5. If they ask you to sign a waiver limiting your future rights – refuse and then repeat that you are legally entitled to YOUR money.

6. Received check / cheque and pay into your bank account. :happydance:

If at any stage they drag their heels or refuse to communicate, get legal advice (preferably fixed cost) and be prepared to kick up a stink. They hate being in the news. And don’t take any crap. If they tell you are ‘throwing away your eternity’ or other such rubbish, just start repeating some of the stories you have heard about what has been going on at Int and other places and how the CoS is failing and that they are wasting their lives etc.

Stick to your guns and you will be successful.

Axiom142

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"If at any stage they drag their heels or refuse to communicate, get legal advice (preferably fixed cost) and be prepared to kick up a stink. They hate being in the news. And don’t take any crap. If they tell you are ‘throwing away your eternity’ or other such rubbish, just start repeating some of the stories you have heard about what has been going on at Int and other places and how the CoS is failing and that they are wasting their lives etc.

Stick to your guns and you will be successful."

Well said !!!!

almostout

Thank you for the welcomes and advise. I have a bit of reading to do now on the procedure, then get up my courage to do it. Its not that it is a great deal of money, but if I do this I can not fall back into doubt about it. I am tired of doubt. I would rather do the wrong thing and live with it! Although I think I am doing the right thing.

Sis O' Sign

Patron with Honors