What's new

As a staff member did you ever feel guilty about regging public?

Andimout

When I was on staff my most hated hat was acting as a reg after events. All hands regging was the worst and staying until the impossible quota was met. The only staff that were excused were those who had to be studentable or sessionable. I hated regging public that couldn't afford to buy one more set of congresses or books. The IAS events were the worst where public were made wrong for not attending and threatened with KRs for not arriving. It was a group agreement that we would be pissed off at those who didn't pay. What a friggin joke!

Gib

Crusader
When I was on staff my most hated hat was acting as a reg after events. All hands regging was the worst and staying until the impossible quota was met. The only staff that were excused were those who had to be studentable or sessionable. I hated regging public that couldn't afford to buy one more set of congresses or books. The IAS events were the worst where public were made wrong for not attending and threatened with KRs for not arriving. It was a group agreement that we would be pissed off at those who didn't pay. What a friggin joke!

I went to Flag as a OOT in the early 1990's, during Christmas time. Flag had a party, the poor staff where walking around with clipboards doing "surveys". This was just before the time of full fledged IAS regging, and "the Basics" release which was full time regging for staff when I went to Flag for the "havingnessness rundown" some years later.

I felt the pain of the staff, and what a pain in an ass from a public viewpoint having been on both sides as well as I knew what was going on but couldn't put my finger on it at the time.

And yep, I was also a reg, Div 6, at one point in time of my staff years, and I couldn't do the job, busted, because, really I felt guilty trying to hard sell.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
And yep, I was also a reg, Div 6, at one point in time of my staff years, and I couldn't do the job, busted, because, really I felt guilty trying to hard sell.

Same here!

I was trained for OCA test eval ( finding ruin, cave people in, and get them signed on a div6 course...)
I was unable to closed many of my reg cycles because of my own doubts..especially when , after I came in, I realized the cost of the bridge (both sides) as well as all processing aside the bridge..I knew most of people that were driven in the org couldn't afford it...when serious business and real reg would pop up...:unsure:

I gave up to it, as well as fsming.. (that caused me troubles) and refused to reg unless it was for a service I tought (at the time) would help the person to overcome a life problem...

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Same here!

I was trained for OCA test eval ( finding ruin, cave people in, and get them signed on a div6 course...)
I was unable to closed many of my reg cycles because of my own doubts..especially when , after I came in, I realized the cost of the bridge (both sides) as well as all processing aside the bridge..I knew most of people that were driven in the org couldn't afford it...when serious business and real reg would pop up...:unsure:

I gave up to it, as well as fsming.. (that caused me troubles) and refused to reg unless it was for a service I tought (at the time) would help the person to overcome a life problem...

I sold several books, as a Div 6 staff member for a few months, reading back the OCAs. But the only person I actually got into Scn was a friend whom I kept WELL AWAY from the org until she was already quite knowledgeable about Scientology. I would give her books to read, then discuss Scn with her. When she reached the point where she was very excited about the subject, and ONLY THEN, did I take her into the Org. She ended up joining staff. She was in the final year of her degree at the time, and just about to take her finals. She turned a predicted first class honours degree into a third class degree by joining staff just before her finals, which messed up her exam revision. I was SO DISAPPOINTED that she chose THAT POINT IN TIME to join staff. Even though at the time I was a true believer, I really wanted to shake her and say "come on! Just spend two months revising for your finals AND THEN join staff. The planet can wait until then." Even as a true believer I found it disgraceful that the Org would happily let her drop her education at the 11th hour, after she'd spent four years on it.

W.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I sold several books, as a Div 6 staff member for a few months, reading back the OCAs. But the only person I actually got into Scn was a friend whom I kept WELL AWAY from the org until she was already quite knowledgeable about Scientology. I would give her books to read, then discuss Scn with her. When she reached the point where she was very excited about the subject, and ONLY THEN, did I take her into the Org. She ended up joining staff. She was in the final year of her degree at the time, and just about to take her finals. She turned a predicted first class honours degree into a third class degree by joining staff just before her finals, which messed up her exam revision. I was SO DISAPPOINTED that she chose THAT POINT IN TIME to join staff. Even though at the time I was a true believer, I really wanted to shake her and say "come on! Just spend two months revising for your finals AND THEN join staff. The planet can wait until then." Even as a true believer I found it disgraceful that the Org would happily let her drop her education at the 11th hour, after she'd spent four years on it.

W.

To many staff members, getting this weeks stats up are more important than the whole world. Certainly more important than anything to do with any life outside staff.