What's new

Debrief

too bad we couldn't beam that talk by Hubbard in the middle of one of DM's IAS events. That would be a hoot.

That is the quickest way to close down one of the Cult's 'Stress test' Tents. There used to be a video of a kid with a boom box playing one of Hubbard's batshit crazy lectures in a park in downtown Seattle. It took him about five minutes to get them to pack up the operation and leave without ever saying a word.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Birthday Games - IAS Event

Stats and Info
40-45 attendees
Probably 10 were staff
1 IAS presenter – possibly one other IAS person on site.
Total of approx 30 scn attendees
No strangers or extras – everyone seemed to know everyone else
3 newbies to the org – 1 couple and 1 man. The man joined a couple years ago, the couple seems to be newer.

---snipped---

I am confused. I just read the thread and am still not sure WHAT EVENT are you referring to? Where? The one at Flag over the weekend?

40-45 attendees? Which venue? What was the size of the previous similar event?

If nobody clues me in, I am going to check eBay to see if there are any deals on clay.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I have a stupid idea... instead of pouring all this money into real estate.... have the orgs in affordable "housing".

Take the money & GIVE AWAY the BRIDGE! As people move up the bridge for FREE and become more ABLE they too will earn lots of MONEY to GIVE so more people can move up the BRIDGE for FREE to earn & GIVE more MONEY - you get the cycle.

If everyone could walk in and go clear... well there should be some exchange - for say $1,000.00 total. OT levels for $75.00 each...

DM can sell his toys, cut coupons & donate his $50.00 a week salary so even more people can go up the BRIDGE for FREE!!

Then there will be peace on earth, the air will be cleaner, the water will be pure & families will not have to disconnect... they can all go up the BRIDGE together for FREE ~ but I repeat myself...

Why don't they take this money and clear a shit load of people ~ then what would DM do with his spare time & how could he afford such good suits from JCPenny's??

:eyeroll:

Anonycat

Crusader
Did I get this correctly?

- New donation scheme by IAS to buy Orgs.

- Give Orgs to locations, on a payback-debt basis.

- No accountability of finances.

- Impossible promises given in exchange for cash.

So, for a large donation, you can be in debt. Brilliant.

JustSheila

Crusader
I have a stupid idea... instead of pouring all this money into real estate.... have the orgs in affordable "housing" <snip>

:eyeroll:

Because it's not a real church and IMHO, the donations are not true donations, either. Scientology is a business.

IMHO, The big donors (the "whales") are getting something back for it. Something financial. Did you see Tony Ortega's latest blog?
Here are the wealthy people keeping Scientology alive
http://tonyortega.org/

Real estate involves a lot of money - commissions to realtors, companies hired for renovations, law firms hired to write contracts - just for starters. COS also pays a 10% "Field Staff Member" (FSM) commission to those that sign up new members. That's 10% on all their services - forever. Unless someone at COS approves paying a different FSM.

I believe most of these whales are actually "investors". They are investing in a network that will send them money in the way of contracts or some other repayment.

Even for scn, this is far too much money for them not to be getting some sort of kickbacks. That's my view, anyway.

Gib

Crusader

yah, I got that too.

But what is the hidden, I believe, is that the IRS requires the non-profit to spend the money the non-profit receives as donations. I believe this is because of personal inurement (spelling). But, because the COS is all so convoluted and hard to follow legally, the COS gets away with it, that is asking for IAS donations, then giving money to buy buildings, but then each org has to pay back to the IAS the funds donated. While that explains it, legally, the COS/IAS gets away with it. If that makes sense.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

Yes, that's the scheme. In debt and need to staff and maintain a large empty building.

yah, I got that too.

But what is the hidden, I believe, is that the IRS requires the non-profit to spend the money the non-profit receives as donations. I believe this is because of personal inurement (spelling). But, because the COS is all so convoluted and hard to follow legally, the COS gets away with it, that is asking for IAS donations, then giving money to buy buildings, but then each org has to pay back to the IAS the funds donated. While that explains it, legally, the COS/IAS gets away with it. If that makes sense.

I guess we're going to find out pretty soon if paying thugs to stalk and terrorize former members of your cult is considered a tax deductible religious expense.

Anonycat

Crusader
Yes, that's the scheme. In debt and need to staff and maintain a large empty building.

Okay, thanks. I know there is a purpose for this new method, and all I have come up with so far, is that it makes these mega buildings the property of IAS. It seems that potentially, they could say: Meh, you can't pay the rent, so we're going to sell it, keep the money, and (enter best guesses here).

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I am confused. I just read the thread and am still not sure WHAT EVENT are you referring to? Where? The one at Flag over the weekend?

40-45 attendees? Which venue? What was the size of the previous similar event?

If nobody clues me in, I am going to check eBay to see if there are any deals on clay.

As it was an undercover attendance, I don't think the poster can give exact details.

Wants2Talk

Silver Meritorious Patron
Because it's not a real church and IMHO, the donations are not true donations, either. Scientology is a business.

IMHO, The big donors (the "whales") are getting something back for it. Something financial. Did you see Tony Ortega's latest blog?

Real estate involves a lot of money - commissions to realtors, companies hired for renovations, law firms hired to write contracts - just for starters. COS also pays a 10% "Field Staff Member" (FSM) commission to those that sign up new members. That's 10% on all their services - forever. Unless someone at COS approves paying a different FSM.

I believe most of these whales are actually "investors". They are investing in a network that will send them money in the way of contracts or some other repayment.

Even for scn, this is far too much money for them not to be getting some sort of kickbacks. That's my view, anyway.

And I was destined to the the Scientology Architect. What a lifetime this would have been.:bigcry:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Yeah, I never said it, but thought to myself for years that there are internal schemes that haven't seen the light of day.

Wondered when brother Ronnie Miscavige left his exalted INT EXEC post and went into Real Estate if that was a kickback scheme to reap secret commissions for the brothers on the purchase of buildings.

Cynical mind, right? LOL

secretiveoldfag

Yeah, I never said it, but thought to myself for years that there are internal schemes that haven't seen the light of day.

Wondered when brother Ronnie Miscavige left his exalted INT EXEC post and went into Real Estate if that was a kickback scheme to reap secret commissions for the brothers on the purchase of buildings.

Cynical mind, right? LOL

And something similar went on at Mosely in Birmingham, England, with the very valuable plots of land around the new Org building. They were sold off years ago in private deals between Co$ and several shell companies based off-shore and owned by various local Scientologists. Not illegal but not very ethical either.

Student of Trinity

IMHO, The big donors (the "whales") are getting something back for it. Something financial.

That's an interesting idea, and for all I know it could be true. I wonder, though. The famous quote-and-counterquote by Fitzgerald and Hemingway may be semi-apocryphal, but it's true. The rich are different; they have more money.

Far below the level of Patron Maximus scams, there are honest little church congregations that just want to fix their building's roof, by appealing for donations to the people who gather under that roof each week. Within that little congregation there are usually one or two people who can pay for the church rather easily, and dozens who could scrape up to give till it hurt, without making a dent in the cost. Now, during worship services, and standing around afterwards drinking coffee, everybody is just Jane or Tim. In the parking lot, people notice who drives what, but nobody cares. But when it comes time to pay for that roof, it's about those one or two people.

In a normal church, those people don't even get a name on a plaque, let alone a gaudy trophy. So everybody in the church thinks, "Hooray, somehow we all raised the money together; hooray for us." Only the few people in the know really know, it wasn't quite that way. Jesus thought that the Widow's Mite counted as more than the richest donation, but the roofing company has a different opinion on this.

The easiest way to get lots of money is from people with lots of money. So I'm not sure Scientology's whales even have to be getting anything out of their 'investments'. The church could just be squeezing them, like everyone else, only harder; because they're just like everyone else, except they have more money.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
And something similar went on at Mosely in Birmingham, England, with the very valuable plots of land around the new Org building. They were sold off years ago in private deals between Co$ and several shell companies based off-shore and owned by various local Scientologists. Not illegal but not very ethical either.

Not local Scientologists as far as I know. It was the aforementioned Gaiman family - David Gaiman (now deceased and father of Neil) and his daughter Lizzy (mother of the aforementioned Alessandro who had the wedding in London org).

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I would bet those whales were pre-closed per this write-up:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?16514-Cult-Fundraising-EventsHat-Write-Up

Blanky, after you read the link, maybe you can spot this? As you go over the event in your mind.

Yep. Positive that was the case. There were big donations right away with the usual shouting and screaming euphoria that comes of watching someone else toss large sums of money around.

In reading the link, above, the event followed the directions almost to the letter. And, in looking back at other events I've attended over the years they did as well. Interesting, thanks for that.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
snip of Blanky's debrief:

Birthday Games - IAS Event

1 Sheep- $3000
2 Whales $16,000
Another Whale $15,000
And yet another $12,000
Poor Sucker guy $3000
Mr/s Blanky < $2000 - I guess I should be relieved
The rest were "small" donations

So you went on about $2,000.00 date last weekend?

There better have been a few botles of Cristal involved!